PDA

View Full Version : Bitmetv invite policy change!!!!!!!

syD
11-13-2006, 04:49 AM
EDIT: point made, so closed for now.

zaguar
11-13-2006, 05:06 AM
I've got an Oink invite I'd like to trade for a BitmeTV invite. Maybe that makes the trade more attractive, cause now we would both have something to lose if someone cheated.

kavalchuk17
11-13-2006, 05:12 AM
well thats kinda unfair. only a couple of "bad apples" are cheaters and the vast mojority of us are not. This is not a regular bittorent forum where you can just sign up and do whatever you want. there are consequences for cheating further than being banned from an account...

Buggyme
11-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Damn, that's strict. I guess it's for the good of the torrent community.

frizshizzle
11-13-2006, 05:36 AM
I too thought my invites would come back. I lost them after I invited madypro if you don't believe he's a scammer then believe he's a cheat. I wish they sent a mass pm to everyone then people would be more cautious who they gave invites to.

shosh
11-13-2006, 05:52 AM
just a question
how often or how much upload do you have to meet to get more invites once you used them all.
and to the cheaters, why even try to cheat at bitmetv? they know how to detect there and will just take your account away so why bother doing it

syD
11-13-2006, 06:17 AM
well thats kinda unfair. only a couple of "bad apples" are cheaters and the vast mojority of us are not. This is not a regular bittorent forum where you can just sign up and do whatever you want. there are consequences for cheating further than being banned from an account...

trust me, that is exactly what i thought, that this was a community where people are honest and can be trusted, and thats why i was open to sharing with the community. as it later turned out, no less than 4 (yes, four) of my invitees to bitmetv were cheaters or were having multiple accounts... and i did trust them when i handed them the bitmetvs...
it is because of this trust that my invites got permanently disabled, because i could have lived forever without having the need to invite those!

if you're saying that they can be banned from the community, oh well, they probably should, but will that bring my invites back? most likely not, so what good would that do... let them be in their misery.

kavalchuk17
11-13-2006, 06:21 AM
holy shit, 4???
i cant blame you then
jesus 4...

superman1496
11-13-2006, 06:22 AM
I dont think this has just changed, Ive seen this mentioned as far back as a couple of weeks ago. IMO its way too strict. The admins say that you are guilty by association if you invite a cheater so you lose your invites. I dont necessarily agree with it but you cant fight it.

Ill probably never get invites there as itll take me AGES to get to 65gb up. They say "only invite people you know well" but at what point do you run out of people to invite that you feel you can trust? Then what are you suppose to do with the invites?

r4cc00n
11-13-2006, 09:15 AM
so for anyone thinking about giving away/trading his bitmetv invites to random ppl, i strongly advise against it, that is, unless you dont want to put your acct in peril and forever lose the privilege of invites.

solution: do not trade invites with anyone

syD
11-13-2006, 09:46 AM
i didnt meant that, i just tried to get you to raise your eyebrows a little and be a little more careful when u invite someone, and also be aware of the policy regarding invites. u can do whatever u deem fit with your invites, just be aware what can happen in case of misconduct ;)

ghurka
11-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Be very careful with your Bitme,BitmeTV and Oink invites.

I lost all my invites to Bitme a while back for inviting a cheat. That person is now trading here but is banned from both Bitme and BitmeTV and is also banned from 2 other forums.

I'll post some links later (can't access the sites in work!). This person has quite a high rating in the "trusted traders" thread which just goes to show you don't know who can you really trust.

N@LiM
11-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Is it not possible for someone to be trusted trader as well a cheater ???

to me Trusted Trader (tt) list is useless except for those with 5+ bcoz I have seen ppl asking for +1 for them in tt list...

syD
11-13-2006, 01:10 PM
thats what i'm saying too, the trusted traders list refers only to that, trading, and not the actual use of the invite. one of mw invitees for bitmetv that got banned also has high rating here, so i guess you can never know something for granted. lets just say i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and think he traded the acct and it is not he who cheated. (although trading an acct you got for yourself is not exactly laudable).

gamer4eva
11-13-2006, 01:23 PM
@ r4ccc00n

This section is all about invite trading so i would not think that your idea was even something to even consider.

gamer4eva
11-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Perhaps a cheaters thread is to be considered?

I personally think this is another way of purifying the community even further.

Although some sites ban you for using a client that you are not mean't to use doesnt necessarily mean you are cheating. I think that the mods or admins should actually PM you first telling you not to use that certain bittorent app and not ban you without you even knowing what you did!!!!!!!!

Acidice
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Perhaps a cheaters thread is to be considered?

I personally think this is another way of purifying the community even further.

that's a good idea :cool:

go4yunus
11-13-2006, 05:45 PM
If that is the case then noone will be getting invite.
The best way is this, when you want to trade or give free invite, ask the invitee to mail you the screenshot of his ratio in some good trackers. If he does then he should get or else not.
This is not new, this is already in place in some of the good trackers like bitme & bitspyder.

RealitY
11-13-2006, 08:42 PM
I lost all my invites to Bitme a while back for inviting a cheat. That person is now trading here but is banned from both Bitme and BitmeTV and is also banned from 2 other forums.

This person has quite a high rating in the "trusted traders" thread which just goes to show you don't know who can you really trust.
Regarding the member youve mentioned we checked into it when you reported this but there was no proof then. Had you brought this to our attention again we would have taken another look which we now have. There is clear proof now and that members account has been set to Disabled Privileges which removes access to this section and others and no pm capability with other features removed also.

If a member is a clear cheat we have no need for them here as they are a risk to members here. They will have their accounts placed on limited access and may be banned from the site. If you have an issue with a cheat its already been mentioned to make a Report (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=72) in the Report Section (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-report-section-72/) where only Staff and the poster can read it...

DokGonzo
11-13-2006, 08:59 PM
IMHO, that's just an asshole policy on the part of Btmtv and some other trackers I won't mention here. But than again, they clearly state in their FAQ that invite trading is STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED, so what are you actually complaining about, you've already broken their rules.

But here's why I think that's just stupid on their part - they ask you to gather no less than 65 gigs of upload and a ratio over 1.05 to become a Power User, and then be a member for what, 6 weeks at a bare minimum to be able to invite. The site member limit is 25000, and of that at least a 1000 is always free for registration since inactive users and cheaters are weeded out all the time. And still, there are literally thousands of torrents that are virtually unseeded. So, instead of giving some incentive for people to share more, and upping the user limit they actually make it impossible to invite anyone because with this new policy who would be insane enough to invite anyone? And don't even get me started on how impossibly hard it is to upload at any decent rate on Bitmetv, every torrent that is in demand has like 5:1 seeder/leecher ratio. When I think about it, I couldn't trust my granma not to cheat either, so I better not give her any invites. It's just a stupid policy and in the long term it really doesn't benefit the community... But that's just my two cents.

Oh, and by the way, what guarantee is a picture of a good tracker ratio? It could always be a doctored image or a ratio obtained by cheating so what's the use? I guess when trading invites it's just a risk you have to take knowing you might get burned for it.

Pashimoon
11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Oh, and by the way, what guarantee is a picture of a good tracker ratio? It could always be a doctored image or a ratio obtained by cheating so what's the use? I guess when trading invites it's just a risk you have to take knowing you might get burned for it.

If I want to invite someone into a tracker , First I will see his ratios pictures. Then , I will pm him/her in one or two trackers which he shows me their pictures .
If he answers me , and I don't have DOUBT , then I invite him.

aburyach
11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
there are literally thousands of torrents that are virtually unseeded

impossibly hard it is to upload at any decent rate on Bitmetv

Your arguments seem to counter each other...:lol:

DokGonzo
11-13-2006, 11:04 PM
impossibly hard it is to upload at any decent rate on BitmetvYour arguments seem to counter each other...:lol:

Not really... If there are no seeders then where am I supposed to get the file to seed? On the other hand, if there are only lets say 2 seeders and 5 leechers, and 4 of those are hit'n'runners then I get speeds like 5 kb/s... And there goes my incentive to share, since most of the time I can download at those speeds from a multitude of public trackers, so why f**k up my ratio?

DokGonzo
11-13-2006, 11:07 PM
If I want to invite someone into a tracker , First I will see his ratios pictures. Then , I will pm him/her in one or two trackers which he shows me their pictures .
If he answers me , and I don't have DOUBT , then I invite him.

Ok, that rules out screenshot doctoring, but what about cheating? How can you really be sure anyones ratio is really legit? It's not a foolproof method, no matter what...

aburyach
11-13-2006, 11:21 PM
and 4 of those are hit'n'runners then I get speeds like 5 kb/s

It is very unlikely you run into hit-n'-runners at bitmetv... they ban quickly for that. Just look at their stats- over %70 of the users were disabled.

Sniping_G
11-14-2006, 12:02 AM
how do people cheat,and how to people catch them? my friend did it but i asked him but wont tell me,he has like 180 upload and 2 gig download? and he didnt get banned?

aburyach
11-14-2006, 12:05 AM
how do people cheat,and how to people catch them? my friend did it but i asked him but wont tell me,he has like 180 upload and 2 gig download? and he didnt get banned?

Whoa... this is not a forum for discussion of ways to cheat:01:

Sniping_G
11-14-2006, 12:10 AM
lol jus wondering, cause how could a site not catch you?

DontCare
11-14-2006, 12:14 AM
cheating? where? How?

Sniping_G
11-14-2006, 12:16 AM
on torrent sites how i doont know

DontCare
11-14-2006, 12:18 AM
what would you give to know?

aburyach
11-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Please do not discuss cheating on these forums. It it despised and almost all of the time the user is banned by IP and also banned from other sites.

Sniping_G
11-14-2006, 12:19 AM
opps sry,ill stop now

Panther
11-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I wonder, will this increase bitmetvīs trading value? or will people just be more careful on who they give invite to?

DontCare
11-14-2006, 12:22 AM
oh... I didn't know anyways... I was just wondering if Sniping G had invites. Cheating is bad people. I am retard and even I can figure that one out. Shame on you!

Sniping_G
11-14-2006, 12:23 AM
hopefully it will stay the same,but pll should be carefull who there trading with, lol i wanna get into 1 of those sites

Sniping_G
11-14-2006, 12:24 AM
invites to what?

DontCare
11-14-2006, 12:26 AM
torrentbyte or scenetorrents

Sniping_G
11-14-2006, 12:31 AM
ohh nope

DokGonzo
11-14-2006, 12:35 AM
It is very unlikely you run into hit-n'-runners at bitmetv... they ban quickly for that. Just look at their stats- over %70 of the users were disabled.

Well, no, if you read their FAQ they don't ban for hit'n'run, but it is generaly frowned upon... I imagine they DO ban really frequent hit'n'runners, but those are really rare (how would they keep their ratio otherwise?)... In any case, i think ppl don't seed those really low hit torrents because it's useless. You could have that thing on seed for months and not seed to 1:1... And so they dwindle for a few months and die... Now, if there were a bigger userbase... What I'm trying to say is - there is a critical point somewhere between the number of torrents and number of active users, and Bitmetv is currently very much towards the negative end of that equation. If they were to allow say 50,000 users maybe it would change, but the way it's now is far from ideal... And this new invite policy isn't going to help things!

j0hn
11-14-2006, 10:36 AM
sounds fair enough to me anyway.
u shouldnt give any invites to strangers, not just bitmetv.
u should ask for screenshots of ratio from a reputable site.
i say that meaning a site that will have good anti-cheat scripts in place.
oink is 1 of the best sites out there for catching cheaters, so thats always a good site to judge by.