PDA

View Full Version : Moving half completed torrents between clients?

GarrenG
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Hello

Fairly new to torrents, started off with bitComet after it was recommended to me. But seeing a lot of the positive comments with regards to uTorrent and the currently mediocre at best speeds I seem to be getting, I was wondering if it were possible to move torrents that were in the process of being downloaded from BitComet to uTorrent... and if so how would I go about doing that?
Thanks!

pECi
11-13-2006, 06:26 PM
u download the .torrent file from the tracker again and u open it with utorrent and set the locatios to match the previous...also make sure u don't have .bc! on every file downloaded and it should work

Suphix
11-14-2006, 12:23 AM
glad your making the switch to uTorrent.. best torrent client your gona use probably.

DKre8ive1
11-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Yep I also agree Utorrent is the best for windows and I belive Bit Coment labels there torrents with a weird extension so you might have to change that or any partial downloads will begin downloading from the begining.

IF anyone can confirm this please help out since I just remeber vaguely reading about it somewere.

pECi
11-14-2006, 11:20 AM
i dunno if it's default anymore but in the past it was...bitcomet had .bc! on every file and utorrent also has the option to put .ut! on every file but u have to activate it

DKre8ive1
11-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks pECi for the info, since its been a long time since I used bit comet and had that problem when I changed clients.

GarrenG
11-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I think considering my inexperience it's probably just best I wait until these dls are done and then do any new ones on uTorrent.
Cheers!