PDA

View Full Version : new to the invites section... have questions!

hindley4
11-14-2006, 01:15 AM
hi everyone. this is my first thread in these forums, and my first thread anywhere. glad it's here.

according to azureus, i've been enjoying torrent technology for about two months. dilligently seeding everything (except for the first time i experimented with moving my downloads) i've aquired, 70 wonderous gigs of music rest soundly in my ancient monster of a machine and 240 have flown out. my computer has been on for years (been on frostwire and whatnot).

now i found THIS forum a month ago and have since gained access to the invite section, of course. i'm hoping that this thread will be something more than just how i get someone to help me out with getting a little screenshot into my posts while i go begging... because I keep having to "upload" a ".tiff" file, and this doesn't seem like the KILLER way, yo.

the ancient machine in question is a mac, so... if you feel like helping me, gimme macish info.

ALSO, i am a member of NO private torrentsociety, and i'm wondering what my chances are of getting into one through this forum because everyone seems to want a screenshot of some account they have. i'm just using isohunt right now... but i'm not really finding stuff i really want, just sort of filling holes in my library. i'm really into (cringe) indie... i've heard great things about oink, but that's it. i'm sure i could look around for that kind of stuff, though... so, where was I? ah! ..help me please. I'm TOTALLY NOT ASKING FOR AN INVITE HERE! I just want to know some ettiquite, or what is expected of me whlie I'm asking in the proper area

PMing is fine, though I'm very excited about having my very own thread. don't worry, i'll close it good if it dies.

kavalchuk17
11-14-2006, 03:31 AM
filemp3.org

or read this thread

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-good-mp3-torrent-sites-like-filemp3org-136725

scotty2hotty
11-14-2006, 02:45 PM
in the invite section, sometimes people give stuff away for just being the first person to put your email address down, or first to pm them ;)

Suphix
11-14-2006, 03:21 PM
well you can try to get an invite into a small website and build your stats up on that (like demonoid or torrentleech) then you can show people that you can seed ect. some people may even invite you to a website from your bitclient screen shots.

and the best place for music in my eyes is oink, it really is amazing, they have everything.

as for mac apps demonoid is good, and oink also has alot of mac apps to ofer (yep, its not just music) brokenstones is also quite good aswell i think.

im switching to a mac soon and im in dire need of a good client... im going to grab onto my utorrent and start kicking and screaming i think (its the best!)

Basquiat
11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
yea oink is tits especialy if your into lossless

should also check out somafm.com, have a cool indie pop stream, quite a few others as well.

hindley4
11-15-2006, 12:04 AM
well you can try to get an invite into a small website and build your stats up on that (like demonoid or torrentleech) then you can show people that you can seed ect. some people may even invite you to a website from your bitclient screen shots.

yes... this goes back to my original question... how do i efficiently get one of those screen shots into a post in these forums!?!?!

Shadowfire
11-15-2006, 12:20 AM
You can upload it to imageshack.us, and then direct link the image to this board by putting the BBcode here.

hindley4
11-16-2006, 11:28 PM
/Close

Fni0x
11-17-2006, 01:00 PM
goodluck with it!