PDA

View Full Version : trustworthy beggar in search of oink invite...

hindley4
11-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Alright, I don't have any invites to trade, but I don't really want to be a member of any other site. ...unless there's another good one for somewhat obscure music... that isn't all impossible to get into.

Here's some great reasons to give me your precious invite

- i seed everything i download, 24.5 hours a day, everyday
- i will be making as many torrents as i can that will all include lyrics and info (unless that's against the rules)
- i can't stand anything less than 128 and there isn't an mp3 on my computer at that unless it's really rare (and I'm looking for better files for those)
- i'm looking to buy another huge hard drive and rip any new cd's i buy losslessly
- i spend 90% of my spare time dealing with tags and torrents and am constantly learning how to take good care of my corner of a network
- my ratio is going up .1 every day now... now that i upgraded my internet connection and can seed comfortably at 300K
- i have an extra machine and all it does is run azureus (i'm with mac) ...so I'm never pausing it so I can do other things. (umm, all the machines are old and slow... else i'd just have it all on one... SOON, I hope, heh... lot's of diapers to buy)
- i have ears the size of UFO's and they threaten me if I don't fill them with new music every day.

As far as I can see it, the only people that are more worthy than I are those who

- have more spare time than I do
- have more money to spend on new music
- have some sort of crazy expensive dedicated data line and can upload terabytes daily
- are better spellers

a screenshot of my client was taken three seconds ago... here it is!
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/120/begoo7.th.png (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=begoo7.png)
thank you for your consideration

Chi Pheo
11-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Well, I think you should be a member of any sites and show ppl how good you are and how do you take care of the ratio. By words, it's doesnt mean anything at all. But who knows, may be you are lucky and someone will give you an invite for free :dry:

Good luck !

hindley4
11-18-2006, 06:09 PM
...but... but... it's not just words... i posted a screenshot! besides, don't the fine people on OINK want you to invite people based on merit and not loot? hahaha

Chi Pheo
11-18-2006, 06:39 PM
...but... but... it's not just words... i posted a screenshot! besides, don't the fine people on OINK want you to invite people based on merit and not loot? hahaha

With fast internet connection, it doesn't mean you are good user.

Yes, you invite ppl dont base on merit. So, how do you convince ppl that you are a good member ? that you will seed back what you get as you said ? and that you are not a leecher or Hit n run ?

Most of members here started at lower ranking sites and walk all the way up. That's the way to get to better sites.

Shadowfire
11-18-2006, 06:53 PM
hindley, I'd love to give you an invite, if only I am a Power User. =(

Not everyone has the time or patience to deal with lower sites if they only need one site for one purpose only. Besides, his screenshot looks good and legit.

gamer4eva
11-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Trustworthy beggar are two words i thought i would never see in a sentence together.

r4cc00n
11-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Trustworthy beggar are two words i thought i would never see in a sentence together.

yes

i was kind of thinking ratio cheater, but that is just me

ck_psu08
11-18-2006, 11:21 PM
if you can post a screen from another site with ratio... someone may help you out....

zaguar
11-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I've got Oink invites, but if I invite a cheater, I lose them all, permanently. So understandably, I'm cautious about giving them out, especially without ratio proof.

hindley4
11-19-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm really shocked at how weary of my screen shot everyone is. What do you guys think, that I went over to a friend's house and took a screen shot of their work? How are the screen shots from private sites declaring one's ratios any more valid than what I have presented? No one even let's anyone see their username... like that would make a difference... they scribble it out. I suppose that if I had an invite to trade, that would show that I could be a power user from some particular site. Come to think of it, it really isn't LOOT when you ofter an invite for one to another site. It really IS proof. Sorry for calling it loot earlier.

Just curious... how could I have faked the numbers from my screen shot (besides grabbing one from someone else's computer or something.)

OOOH! I know! I could take a picture of my driver's liscense... take a picture of the street sign on the corner of my block... take consecutive pictures so that it was clear that the "701" on my house was the same one as the one on my ID... take some more consecutive pictures of me going into my house up into my office... leading up to my screen showing that I love the network as much as I love my children!

If anyone will give me an invite to oink if I do this, you'll get a bonus shot of me kissing the little froggy azureus icon.

hindley4
11-19-2006, 02:18 AM
OH! I just thought of something else... if a screenshot of a ton of the individual torrents I'm seeding with all the ratios for the torrents will help, I'll post one of those... or a few, it's a long list...

hindley4
11-19-2006, 03:47 AM
[img=http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7981/beg1vv3.th.png] (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beg1vv3.png)

[img=http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/3987/beg2gu3.th.png] (http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beg2gu3.png)

here are more screen shots of my work. it's some of the torrents i'm seeding. the numbers in the last column are the ratios for the torrents. perhaps no one will think that i drew a picture of it with some art program and made up bands and numbers all day long... :(

hindley4
11-21-2006, 02:57 AM
well... i just got soulseex to work on my machine... so that'll tide me over until my friend becomes a power user on oink. thanks for your consideration!
see you soon!!!! ...with invites!!!! wheeeeeeee!