PDA

View Full Version : Tracker Down

Shadowfire
11-21-2006, 02:03 AM
No, I'm not here to ask whether one is down or not.

When a tracker goes down, do you lose the upload counts that you uploaded during the duration of the downtime? Does it differ from tracker to tracker?

For example, if I was seeding a torrent before the start of downtime and stopped seeding during downtime, would all the stats for the duration not be counted? What if I stopped it after downtime ended?

Alien5
11-21-2006, 02:17 AM
when the tracker comes back online you click update tracker in utorrent - it should pick up where it left off. but if you go to the forum as the tracker gets back online - you see posts complaining about lost upload credit - thats when the staff usually give out some free credit as a treat to keep the complaints getting outta hand, most sites go down just for a few hours or a day, but if the site is down for weeks or months then your chances of getting anything back is almost 0.

r4cc00n
11-21-2006, 02:20 AM
When a tracker goes down, do you lose the upload counts that you uploaded during the duration of the downtime?

it depends on what type of maintenance is being done to that particular bittorrent tracker

Does it differ from tracker to tracker?

yes

would all the stats for the duration not be counted?

probably

What if I stopped it after downtime ended?

a little more upload amount would be counted than if you were to stop your torrent during the downtime

Shadowfire
11-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the info! =)

syD
11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
i dl'ed 3 gigs from oink during their maintainence downtime a few days ago, and removed the torrents before the tracker got back up.

result: 3 free gigs from oink :yup:

LackOfInterest
11-21-2006, 06:00 PM
That is smart.:lol: I never really thought about a tracker not counting my download when it was down...usually I am just concerned about getting upload credit.

pECi
11-22-2006, 01:16 AM
in general u shouldn't stop the torrents you were seeding or close the client while the tracker is down coz up/down stats won't be counted