PDA

View Full Version : Why cover up your username

phrenzy
11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
I do not see why people cover up there usernames when posting Ratios. With so many ratio pics floating around they could just copy one and say it is theres. I do not see the purpose.. It's like there trying to hide something to me....Last time I traded I turned down a bunch of people just cuz of hiding there names...

manofstyle
11-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Some sites will ban you for trading invites here, I am sure ppl have other reasons also.

Alien5
11-22-2006, 12:26 PM
invite trading usually gets you banned from most sites. you could be showing the ratio proof to someone who will pass that information on to the site.

Skiz
11-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Plus, I don't like getting incessant PM's on the tracker site with questions from the person I invited. :pinch:

deuce6000
11-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah its not a good idea to be flaunting your username around when most sites don't even like you trading there invites in the first place.I was wondering the same thing when i first started trading too but it clicked in after a bit :P.

PooBar
11-23-2006, 06:32 AM
so whats the point in getting invites if you cant trade in a place like here ..
i am sure this is how most invites are given out..

lysine
11-23-2006, 07:54 AM

at most trackers, they want you to give the invites to someone you know. not just random people.

personally, I don't give out or trade invites. I just let them accumulate. I value my account at most places too much to just hand out an invite to an anonymous person who may or may not cheat, be someone working for a media company, etc...

Alien5
11-23-2006, 10:16 AM

at most trackers, they want you to give the invites to someone you know. not just random people.

personally, I don't give out or trade invites. I just let them accumulate. I value my account at most places too much to just hand out an invite to an anonymous person who may or may not cheat, be someone working for a media company, etc...

when MT & ScT started, they desperately needed users, so some clever people came here to give away hundreds of invites to us ordinary users who look out for invites. Invite trading can only be stopped by disabling invites - then it becomes account trading.

DKre8ive1
11-24-2006, 01:56 AM
I am not able to understand how someone post a pic with the name crossed out can be considered ratio proof especially if it can be photoshoped to reflex something else.
Best bet is to ask them what there user name on the site they are showing proof for and send a pm to that site they say they have ratio proof for and see if you get a correct response that is agreed upon before hand.

Maybe something like "the eagle has landed :lol:

And yes some sites ban for posting in invite threads but hey if you want to play the game be willing to take the pain. ;)

Melvinmeow
11-24-2006, 02:00 AM
I am not able to understand how someone post a pic with the name crossed out can be considered ratio proof especially if it can be photoshoped to reflex something else.
Best bet is to ask them what there user name on the site they are showing proof for and send a pm and see if you get a correct response that is agreed upon before hand.

And yes some sites ban for posting in invite threads but hey if you want to play the game be willing to take the pain. ;)

If they arent on the site they are looking for an invite for mind explaining to me how they can pm you on that site??

deuce6000
11-24-2006, 02:03 AM
They would be pm'ing on the site that the person is showing the ratio screenshot of not the one they are joining.

DKre8ive1
11-24-2006, 02:06 AM
Best bet is to ask them what there user name on the site they are showing proof for and send a pm to that site they say they have ratio proof for and see if you get a correct response that is agreed upon before hand.

If they arent on the site they are looking for an invite for mind explaining to me how they can pm you on that site??

No I meant for the inviter to send a pm to the site the invitee is saying he's a memeber of and has ratio proof for it.

I clear my post up since it was sort of confusing people hopefully it makes more sense. :P

iNSOMNiA
11-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Plus, I don't like getting incessant PM's on the tracker site with questions from the person I invited. :pinch:
:lol: Me neither