PDA

View Full Version : Advantages To Multiple O/s Running

Wolfmight
05-13-2003, 10:02 PM
What are some advantages to useing multiple o/ses with Virtual PC or a similare program?

here are a few i know of:

Multiple Chatprogram sign ons (different s/ns)
A game that forces you to play in full screen can be played in window mode
You can run more than one session of any program.
B)

Do u have any?

balamm
05-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

4play
05-13-2003, 10:13 PM
I prefer the route of booting between 2 o/s's. virtual pc would be too much of a system hog to get decent performace out of the second o/s.

using 2 os's allows me to open suspicius mail in linux where the chances of me catching a virus a very small.

amphoteric88
05-13-2003, 10:20 PM
you can also run games in 98 or 95 that you can't run in xp (even in compatibility mode)

Wolfmight
05-13-2003, 10:29 PM
yep, those are some others.

I use virtual pc because i have I have a 2.0ghz computer with 384mb of ram and it can handle 2 or 3 running at once fine.

I use a windows 2000 partition and have Virtual pc with Windows ME(fat32 to support games), RedHat8, SuSe, and another copy of 2000 (lol, it supports alot of stuff ME doesnt plus it runs better than xp virtually)

I did try out Longhorn on it also... and i basicly took a look at the new stuff.. Alphas really have problems.