PDA

View Full Version : About my situation regarding PM's

gamer4eva
11-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Right i would just like to add that i am fed up of n00b's PMing me telling me they are coders and whatever and asking for invites to torrent sites. If i offer then you take otherwise do not PM me n00bs.:D Sorry to all those n00bs out there that are mature unlike some who have some right attitudes.:huh:

aburyach
11-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Yes... this is a problem for me as well- people PM me begging for invites, or, if they happen to be slightly more creative, make up an elaborate like such as "oh, my account must have been removed due to inactivity. Please send invite."

madden player
11-29-2006, 03:40 AM
is this worth starting a thread over. ? :huh:

fuck, i feel retarded just replying to it

add something to ur sig ffs

e.g. I am currently offering no invites, plz no PMs

why spam the board with bs topics, and call ppl noobs - honestly, ur the n00b :dry:

torrentslave
11-29-2006, 05:03 AM

why spam the board with bs topics, and call ppl noobs - honestly, ur the n00b :dry:

sorry but ur wrong. i get these pm's everyday and its starting to get annoying!

11-29-2006, 05:27 AM
i think i've only received just a few so far. the best thing you can do is to check the option in your CP to accept PM's from friends only, or just add those certain members to your ignore list. now, the only problem i have with that is i wish it were easier to put members on that list... maybe if the staff would create an "Add <username> to Your Ignore List" option when you click on their username in a thread or PM it would make it much easier like it is to add them to your friends list. although i don't think they'll implement that, so i guess adding them the old fashion way will suffice for now.

madden player
11-29-2006, 06:00 AM
if u get so many requests for torrent site invites that it's that annoying, why don't u enable this in CP :

Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators

on the other hand, if u r offering invites, don't u expect to get PMs. :huh:

Live with it.

gamer4eva
11-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Well sorry mate i don't expect to recieve emails from n00bs that think they can act all smart when you refuse them an invite and then when you tell them to back of nicely they still come back. There was this one time when i got a PM from this member n00b ofcourse and he was begging for an invite every day he kept PMing me and i then told him to come back after a month he still did not understand i mean how simple is 'come back after a month' after explaining it twice he came back after a month and i gave his invite although it was just a bwtorrent i think. Also the rules state that n00bs are not to trade until 30 days and 5 posts so they shouldn't be PMing me asking me for squat anyway.

ghurka
11-29-2006, 01:25 PM
if u get so many requests for torrent site invites that it's that annoying, why don't u enable this in CP :

Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators

on the other hand, if u r offering invites, don't u expect to get PMs. :huh:

Live with it.

I don't exactly see you offering any invites! Try it and then see how every noob in existence suddenly wants to be your best mate.

Don't you think that when invites are offered a certain criteria is set such as proof of a good ratio or a minimum number of posts made on FST. This is why the noobs constantly pm you....because they don't satisfy the criteria.

Got any more dumb comments to make!

lysine
11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Well sorry mate i don't expect to recieve emails from n00bs that think they can act all smart when you refuse them an invite

it seems your problem lies within replying to them. I've got a few pm's recently asking me for invites, however I just delete them and don't reply.

the last one:

Hello
A lot of time i tried to get invition for bitmetv.org
and i didnt find.
And i saw that you have invition....
can you give me one please?
i really appreciate that....
i need to download some tv show for my family...
Tnx...

do you think I care about this person, or their family? do you think that warrants a reply? I've never mentioned anywhere on this board that I have bitmetv invites (in fact, I don't have any).

gamer4eva
11-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I only expect PM's when i offer something on invite section!!!!!

Skiz
11-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Personally, I don't offer any invites here unless it's someone that's been around a long time and I know them; but that doesn't happen very often really. Most of us have all that we need.

I certainly don't have any problem with excessive PM's. I've only had noobs asking for invites maybe 2 or 3 times total. Do you guys spend an excessive amount of time in the 'Bit-Torrent Invites' section offering/requesting invites to merit all these PM's? Apparently so. It's just part of the consequences of entering into that particular section of the forum, deal with it. Or as madden said, insert a comment into your sig stating that you will not reply to univited PM's.

ghurka
11-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Or as madden said, insert a comment into your sig stating that you will not reply to univited PM's.

It doesn't make any difference....I tried it and you still get the dickheads who pm you. I know you can simply ignore them and delete the pms but its like junk email....it still pisses you off.

I gave up offering/trading invites for several reasons including this one. Now if I see someone who asks for an invite and I know is trustworthy I will usually just give it.

Sneakydave
11-29-2006, 06:17 PM
honestly guys calm down, why does it matter if a few people pm you? i get it every now and then and when i can i help people out.

it seems youve forgotton that once upon a time you lot were noobs too... i try and remember this, youd do well do to the same

N@LiM
11-30-2006, 03:20 AM
I can understand ur situation... but even I may be cause of annoynace to u and other guys... I sometimes send unsolicted PM to other seemingly-kind members active in Bit-torrent invite section showing them my ratio SS, stating my inability to get invites by trade ( as wht I have to offer already by them) and requesting for (if there is any remote possibility) an invite which is not useful for them as far as trading is concerned etc...I also apologize in advance for any inconvinience caused to them..

Dunno but I have been lucky.. Out of 5-7 times in PMed.. only one never replied.. One gave a little harsh reply.. using f*ck etc :huh: ( but i can understand) and I apologized for same..later he too calmed out and offered me invite for Demo ( the useless site which i already had..) Others politely refused and some helped me or recommended to other sites with open signups..

(BTW I don't keep on PMing again and again... I PMonly once.... )

So after this experience.. I still think that PMing.. one or 2 helpful members in a month.. is not that wrong.... Plz correct me if I am wrong...

Through this post I apologize :( to all those whom I PMed and caused inconvinience......

Detale
11-30-2006, 04:17 AM
Hey Gamer can I get an invite??? I'l PM you to ask ;)

Hey there Madded Player why don't you back off. If you don't like his thread DON"T READ IT. 5hit certainly don't reply to it. With your whopping 55 posts Im surprised you aren't a member of staff here. Seriously Gamer has OVER 1200 here. I know him very well he is usually a calm cool guy, so what if he wants to vent a bit. I get pi55ed @ the same thing sometimes. It IS a pain when you are waiting for 1 or 2 PM's from people and you have to sort out over 30. He is very generous with his invites and people like to take advantage of that. Also if you post in your sig no Pm's please that will not work very well as most people don't care. It is a consequence of being good natured, but I can understand his frustration. Why flame him on his thread? Have you nothing better to do?

madden player
11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Gamer has OVER 1200 here
u think post counts matter round here ... :lol:

perhaps i have a whooping 55 posts cuz i have a life away from a PC ?? :huh:

anyways, if u offer invites in an open public forum, expect to get PMs' - nuff fuckin said. annoying as unsolicited PM's maybe, why fucking cry about it. ? :ermm:

gamer4eva
11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
But what don't you understand about if i do not offer them then i do not want PM's regarding something i did not even offer. Yes if i had offered them it is perfectly acceptable. Nuff said mate....i do not like to make enemies. I generally am on the good sides of everyone and vice versa. Also i am not crying its just informing.;)

:naughty: :naughty:

Skiz
11-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey Gamer can I get an invite??? I'l PM you to ask ;)

Hey there Madded Player why don't you back off. If you don't like his thread DON"T READ IT. 5hit certainly don't reply to it.

Just a thought, but perhaps he replied b/c this is a discussion forum. :wacko:

If gamer4eva is going to start a thread about PM's, he damn well better be prepared to hear both sides of the issue, as should you when reading it.

Out of 5-7 times in PMed.. only one never replied

:blink:

N@LiM
11-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Out of 5-7 times in PMed.. only one never replied

:blink:
I think u mis-understood .. I am taling about 7 unsolicted mails sent in total by me ( ie; to 7 different individuals at max

Chewie
11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Just a thought, but perhaps he replied b/c this is a discussion forum. :wacko:

If gamer4eva is going to start a thread about PM's, he damn well better be prepared to hear both sides of the issue, as should you when reading it.

Yes, I agree that g4e should expect discussion.
madden player, however, chose to be aggressive in his response.
This isn't discussion at all:

FWIW I've had reports from people who don't even post to the BT sections about n00bs PMing them for invites.
I completely agree that you shouldn't have to put up with these requests and it's against board rules to use PMs in this way in any case.

If you receive unsolicited PMs asking for invites then please report it and we'll deal with it.

Skiz
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
First off Chewie, I agree with you on the whole.

It's not the sort of reply that I would have given, nor do I condone replies being so cynical. But replies like those are a daily occurrence on this forum and probably more so in the Bit-torrent section than even the Lounge and must be expected unfortunately. Almost every thread on this forum has at least one asinine post somewhere in it.

Do you think the reply by Detale was any less harsh? I certainly don't.

gamer4eva
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks man appreciate the heads up. I am sorry if i had offended anyone in particular but please everyone calm down and in any case like Chewie UK said If you receive unsolicited PMs asking for invites then please report it and he will deal with it.

I thank everyone for their views on it and sorry to those who feel that this is stupid but it it is annoying to be honest. To have to reply to many other people and then have to deal with some irritating people on the side line.

Peace out!!!!!!!

madden player
11-30-2006, 09:57 PM
I received an unsolicited PM : whaaaaa

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/5682/58299amk5.th.png (http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=58299amk5.png)

:P

should I start a thread about it, perhaps PM a mod.?
I know, i'll add lamer4eva to ignore list. So convient, so simple.

:happy:

Detale
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Dude why r u being such an a55hole?

Chewie
12-01-2006, 07:09 AM
I received an unsolicited PM : whaaaaa

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/5682/58299amk5.th.png (http://img418.imageshack.us/my.php?image=58299amk5.png)

:P

should I start a thread about it, perhaps PM a mod.?
I know, i'll add lamer4eva to ignore list. So convient, so simple.

:happy:
Please let me know the point of this post.
Is it to ridicule g4e?

Skizo:
I think Detale was responding to the tone of madden player's post.

madden player
12-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Please let me know the point of this post.
I don't have to let u know anything .. but if u must know the point of my post, look @ the quote below

Peace out!!!!!!!
I thought it was done, but moments later I get a ridiculous PM. Rather than starting a new thread about n00bs*, and their PM habbits, i thought i would post/share in this one.

g4e
Was that supposed to be mean, whaaaa. Really, is it some uber cool leet interweb way of calling me gay. :huh: - ur a bit old for name callin now aren't u ? :P

*read the original post in this thread, the poster can't complete one sentence without using that stupid, ignorant term n00b. I replied.

Live with, move on ffs

good nite, good day, whatever. I am officially done with this topic.
Have fun, enjoy, and ohh yeah Peace out!!!!!!!

Skiz
12-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Do we really need members like this anymore?

http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/images/smilies/banned.gif