PDA

View Full Version : Seedboxes..

KableKiB
12-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Hey guys.. I use a Dedicated Server from Vectoral Servers (http://tinyurl.com/yaqycu) to seed on sites at really high speeds.. I'm running TorrentFlux (http://www.torrentflux.com/) on it as well as an FTP server.

Anyway.. in an attempt to make it cheaper for both of us.. I'll give you 600GB/month transfer and 40GB HDD space, a TorrentFlux and FTP (FXP allowed) account for 50USD and 15USD for every extra 200GB transfer.

If 50USD is still too much for you I'll give you 20GB HDD space with 300GB/month transfer with TorrentFlux and FTP accounts for 30USD.

Post here for more info, PM me if interested.

EDIT: Oh.. I just read the rules (about advertising).. this is just a way to make it cheaper.. mods, is this allowed? In the mean time let's make this a discussion about Seedboxes then.. who uses them?

Melvinmeow
12-01-2006, 03:10 PM
I use multiple boxes but not looking for anymore sorry.

gamer4eva
12-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Does it make it cheaper for anyone?

Vectoral offering...
Intel® Pentium III 1000 MHZ
512MB DDR-RAM
20GB Harddrive
1000 GB

for 49.95USD and one of payment of 9.95USD for setup.

That would seem better to me unless you told us specs of server. HD doesn't really matter aslong as its over 15GB to be honest!!!!

Also torrentflux drains a lot of CPU so having more than 3 torrents at once would not be as fast as it could which is why its better to get the windows server and install utorrent.

KableKiB
12-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I have JollyGreen server with a 64bit processor..

I save people the hassle of setting up their own server or paying extra for windows and for setup fee.. that and I offer the $30 plan...

I've had lots of torrents running at the same time... the only thing that really lags it is when many are downloading uploading torrents.. unless over 2mb/s don't really affect much.

gamer4eva
12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
So this server is linux based with torrentflux installed?

If you are a regular torrent user then you should know that torrentflux uses a lot of CPU thus using too many downloads at once will cause many problems which is why windows server is probably the best option.

Although if it is jollygreen server it is worth it!!!!!! The specs are good!!!!

KableKiB
12-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, plus I have a better CPU than the stock (special offer).

I do know it uses a lot of CPU (because of python) but in my experience I'm sure it can handle it.

gamer4eva
12-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, plus I have a better CPU than the stock (special offer).

I do know it uses a lot of CPU (because of python) but in my experience I'm sure it can handle it.

I see....:cool: seems like a good offer.:D
The only problem i have with it is torrentflux but the good cpu makes up for that.;)

Lets hope someone is interested.:)

KableKiB
12-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah I would use another client but it would complicate things way to much with more than say 2 people. With torrentflux everything can be seperated..

torrentslave
12-01-2006, 07:32 PM
how does it work? do i send u the .torrent or do we get access to a web base program. sorry i sound like a n00b, seedboxes r new to me.

gamer4eva
12-01-2006, 08:18 PM
how does it work? do i send u the .torrent or do we get access to a web base program. sorry i sound like a n00b, seedboxes r new to me.

Well with torrentflux (the ones i have used in past) you download the torrent onto your own computer. Then you upload it onto torrentflux (it has the option when you log into server). The you download, the tracker must work via passkey and not ip because obviously the server IP and your home IP are different. s*t work on passkey and so do most i use aswell. The ones that dont are tti and Z-P so far.:lol:

KableKiB
12-01-2006, 10:10 PM

Well with torrentflux (the ones i have used in past) you download the torrent onto your own computer. Then you upload it onto torrentflux (it has the option when you log into server). The you download, the tracker must work via passkey and not ip because obviously the server IP and your home IP are different. s*t work on passkey and so do most i use aswell. The ones that dont are tti and Z-P so far.:lol:

Also.. you can just enter the URL of the torrent and the server will download it itself.

gamer4eva
12-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Oh yeah but when i try that with private trackers it says url dead but with public trackers its no prob...

gamer4eva
12-02-2006, 02:02 PM
I think that if you put the cookie info in it will work. I tried that but i still can't seem to get it to work. Am i doing something wrong? PM me on how to fill in the fields required thanks!!!!!

Submission
12-02-2006, 02:44 PM
44usd per month at netdirekt.de 20gb hd and 1000gb.

KableKiB
12-02-2006, 02:49 PM
44usd per month at netdirekt.de 20gb hd and 1000gb.

Server specs?

gamer4eva
12-02-2006, 03:26 PM
You can obtain servers really cheap in europe due to lower bandwidth costs.

KableKiB
12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Hmm.. they just got a new server called SantaHelper at Vectoral (http://tinyurl.com/ykqgpg).. I'd get it but I already have a JollyGreenServer :P

edit: Mine is better.. but it's more expensive also.

12-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Hmm.. they just got a new server called SantaHelper at Vectoral (http://tinyurl.com/ykqgpg).. 120 per month.. I'd get it but I already have a JollyGreenServer :P

i can get it for $100 for the first month with a promo code i found :happy: although i'd want win2k3-we, so that'll be a bit more

also, the only thing JollyGreenServer has on SantaHelper is that it has 1TB more bw... not really necessary for one user :P

KableKiB
12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Hmm.. they just got a new server called SantaHelper at Vectoral (http://tinyurl.com/ykqgpg).. 120 per month.. I'd get it but I already have a JollyGreenServer :P

i can get it for $100 for the first month with a promo code i found :happy: although i'd want win2k3-we, so that'll be a bit more

also, the only thing JollyGreenServer has on SantaHelper is that it has 1TB more bw... not really necessary for one user :P

Do you mind sharing the promo code?

12-03-2006, 11:57 PM
it's in the thread at sct ;)

KableKiB
12-03-2006, 11:58 PM
I knew I seen it somewhere.. :P

4play
12-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Also torrentflux drains a lot of CPU so having more than 3 torrents at once would not be as fast as it could which is why its better to get the windows server and install utorrent.

agreed torrentflux desperatly needs a decent c based torrent client backend but your answer or using a windows based server isn't the best of ideas. generally hosting on a windows server costs more due to the microsoft tax.

btg (http://btg.berlios.de/) seems a pretty decent client for linux they even provide deb packages for easy install.

12-04-2006, 12:33 AM
i wouldn't touch tf either... i never did like it. but my experience was from one of the older versions, i never have tried the latest one yet.

you could also use rtorrent, or install wine and use utorrent which are both decent alternatives. personally, i prefer paying extra for a windows box for the sake of simplicity.

KableKiB
12-04-2006, 08:09 PM
My server is doing quite well considering it's using torrentflux.. my previous server couldn't handle it at all though.

torrentslave
12-05-2006, 12:14 AM
well if anybody wants to go in on a seed box let me know.

KableKiB
12-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Vectoral (http://tinyurl.com/yaqycu) has a new site.. i liek it

KableKiB
12-12-2006, 06:30 AM
by the way.. the offer in the first post is still on

KableKiB
12-22-2006, 03:24 AM
I have room for one more, people who are already with me love it! :)

EDIT: 200GB's until Dec 31st free if you buy at least the $30 plan for next month.

gamer4eva
12-22-2006, 12:23 PM
it's in the thread at sct ;)

scT is amazing isn't it.:lol:

pickedlast
12-24-2006, 11:32 PM
I have room for one more, people who are already with me love it! :)

EDIT: 200GB's until Dec 31st free if you buy at least the $30 plan for next month.

how may people do u have on that box?

phoenixfire
12-25-2006, 12:52 AM
it's in the thread at sct ;)Huh, I don't see it.:shutup:

gamer4eva
12-25-2006, 12:29 PM
it's in the thread at sct ;)Huh, I don't see it.:shutup:

Well nice to know your back...;)

Hanz™
12-28-2006, 05:11 PM
can you set up ftp on these too
Presumably you have to.
And obviously they are not just seedboxes but actually "dedicated servers" for what ever you want to use them for.

JA
12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Sooo much technically jargon Z_z im about to throw a bor74 qoute ZzzzZzzZZz

Pr0xiMUS
12-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Can someone explain what is the purpose of this seedbox?!

Hanz™
12-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Basically you remotely access your 100mbit seedbox and use it to download and upload torrents.
You then FTP the files you have downloaded to your computer.

This means that it'll be really easy to have a huge ratio (from uploading so much and so fast) and get all of the newest stuff really fast.
You will upload disgustingly fast from a seedbox.

I am actually thinking of getting one at somepoint, and also maybe sharing the server address with anybody else who is using a seedbox. So that we can FXP between our accounts, and keep very up-to-date.

safa
12-29-2006, 06:27 PM

To seed torrents :D

ooo
12-29-2006, 07:10 PM
@hanz or anyone else- Wouldn't a seedbox share the same IP? So wouldn't you have to use different BT websites?

Another question, wouldn't uploading and downloading these files be illegal and violating the TOS?

xtcstylx
12-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Get a server offshore from USA and they will be legal. Most offshore providers allow torrentflux. Torrentflux has a cookie management so for private trackers just put the cookie info for it and torrentflux can grab the torrent file.

gamer4eva
12-29-2006, 08:11 PM
@hanz or anyone else- Wouldn't a seedbox share the same IP? So wouldn't you have to use different BT websites?

Another question, wouldn't uploading and downloading these files be illegal and violating the TOS?

Well most providers do not allow bittorrent and ban ports apparently and some even check your HD ie scan them and disconnect your service if anything fishy is found.:) Its just a matter of luck really...:lol:

KableKiB
01-07-2007, 06:53 AM
No one has had their HDD scanned or their service disconnected at Vectoral for having torrents of any kind running.. I know this because since I've been with them I've become friends with one of the owners.

gamer4eva
01-07-2007, 12:42 PM
No one has had their HDD scanned or their service disconnected at Vectoral for having torrents of any kind running.. I know this because since I've been with them I've become friends with one of the owners.

Yeah thats why i said some...:lol:

Nardz
01-07-2007, 01:01 PM
why you wouldnt just pay 15(us) for a usenet sever with unlimited download then you wouldnet have to upload? i can understand if your answer is "i like being part of a the torrent community". just wondering.

bollyraja
01-07-2007, 01:06 PM
interesting stuff

gamer4eva
01-07-2007, 05:34 PM
interesting stuff

Yeah usenet is definately interesting.:)

KableKiB
01-11-2007, 02:16 AM
There's lots of room right now...

phoenixfire
01-11-2007, 02:18 AM
damnit does it have to be money?

gamer4eva
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM

Looks like it:O

KableKiB
01-12-2007, 05:05 AM

lol whatve you got

balbaid
01-12-2007, 12:13 PM
how do i pay ? anything but paypal plz.

one more thing, i rented a server ( VPS ) from serveraxis and im a complete n00b, i dont know how to get in the server.

server is running CentOS ( i think ) and no control panel.

this is my first time renting a server so i wanna learn the basic b4 i move to a dedicated server ..

thx in advance ,,,,

KableKiB
01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
balbaid you just ordered a dedicated server.. I've never used CentOS but the purpose of my server is so people who have no idea what they are doing on non windows dedicated server can just use torrentflux on mine.. which is very easy to use.

And yeah, PayPal.. if you can send it any other way that's just as simple then maybe.