PDA

View Full Version : you currently use a pirate version of guitar pro(5INT 1505050)

frani
12-09-2006, 03:37 PM
I got this nice warning on my computer today:cry:

you currently use a pirate version of guitar pro(5INT 1505050)
The next use of pirated version will definitive remove the possibility to use guitar pro (pirated or not) on your computer,and an e-mail will be send to piracy siia.net with your peronal informatio

Can this message have something to do with the new windows update I downloaded . Please help me

Joeymad
12-09-2006, 03:57 PM
First off... I don't think this belongs in BitTorrent form.

Sounds like a hoax/virus or the creators of the program having a little bit of fun with you after an update triggered a serial key check or something.
If you go to siia.net and go to "Report Piracy," your only options of the type of piracy to report are:

Corporate End-User - unless you are a business using this for financial gain you have no worries
Over the Internet - unless you are sharing this with others via IRC or P2P you have no worries
Reseller / Distributor - unless you are burning copies or selling copies, again, you have no worriesLooks like you'll survive this one.

ricardo222222
12-10-2006, 06:36 AM
I also got that message, so it isn't true?
Cause I got scared and never opened the damn program again

General2k
12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
They just say that to try and scare you into using a legitmate version. For som people it might work some just laugh.

Like JoeyMad said, you only have to worry if you do one of the following.

Corporate End-User - unless you are a business using this for financial gain
Over the Internet - unless you are sharing this with others via IRC or P2P
Reseller / Distributor - unless you are burning copies or selling copies

12-12-2006, 02:05 AM
If you like it buy it. If you can't afford it then get some balls because p2p and pirated programs are not safe anymore.