PDA

View Full Version : Eminem Is Wack

imported_el-producto
05-16-2003, 02:06 AM
Just wondering why everyone likes Eminem so much. His lyrics are repetitive as hell, his beats suck, he has an annoying voice, he runs his mouth on so many people in the industry, he thinks he's black, no talent as seen with his stupid lyrics, most of his freestyles are written shit, etc. And he's not the only white guy that can rap like everyone fuckin says...there are so many white rappers out there that would kill his ass in a battle or a song..Copywrite, Cage, El-P, Necro, Yak Ballz, High & Mighty, Evidence, Paul Wall, Non Phixion, etc

so if someone can tell me what attracts them to Eminem's shit..go for it

Infested Cats
05-16-2003, 02:15 AM
Probably because he's mainstream, and his music is easily obtained.

Oh, and didn't he threathen to beat up Moby at one of the Gramys? :blink:

jay973
05-16-2003, 02:20 AM
el-producto,everyone is entitled to their own taste in music,and tastes vary wildly.If this wasn't the case then what a boring world it would be.
There really isnt much point slagging off artists because at the end of the day he will be at his mansion shagging beautiful women and we are all sat at our computers with a can of cheap lager.
I know where id rather be................. :)

Skillian
05-16-2003, 02:29 AM
I certainly agree that he's not the only white MC to have talent, but I don't think thats the reason people like him. I understand he has a lot of mainstream appeal which can put a lot of people off, including myself, but I have decided not to stop liking him just because a load of kids who don't know any other hip hop do too.

Obviously you don't agree, but for me it is his lyrical content that mainly appeals. More than many other artists (who have better beats and vocal skills) his lyrics can really make you listen, laugh etc. His words have a real way of commenting on society that really make you think "Wow, he is right on the mark there". Some of the lyrics are a bit stupid but he can't be on point all the time. I think you can put Eminem's lyrics up on paper against a hell of a lot of rappers and his will win every time.

As for his freestyles being written, well I think thats just the way now, as it is with a hundred other MCs right now.

slick nick
05-16-2003, 05:00 AM
The high and the mighty and evidence(native american not white) would wax em? nah. Maybe them other cats. How does he thinks he's black? He needs to stop rocking the doo rag but all in all he doesn't strike me as trying to be black any more than non phixion if you've seen any of their videos. Personally I find his shit boring and don't understand the appeal either but like the other guy said if we all liked the same shit it would be boring.

nahan
05-16-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by el-producto@16 May 2003 - 03:06
Copywrite, Cage, El-P, Necro, Yak Ballz, High & Mighty, Evidence, Paul Wall, Non Phixion, etc

so if someone can tell me what attracts them to Eminem's shit..go for it
I DONT LIKE EM AT ALL THE BEATS ARE GOOD SOMETIMES BUT YOU CAN THANK
DRE FOR THAT.opps caps sry.

I happen to like the high and mighty but what "attracts" you to the rest of these guys ?
And if there that good why dont they sell more records ?

Are they from the U K or something ?

slick nick
05-16-2003, 05:20 AM
Some good groups don't sell alot in hip hop. But i'm not a fan of any of those people he named. necro has 2 songs i like "i need drugs" and another song released around the time that song came out. They're all U.S acts also. Those are all underground acts. Evidence from Dilated Peoples is probably the only one to get airplay on mtv/ bet though.

Rip The Jacker
05-16-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Infested Cats@16 May 2003 - 03:15
Oh, and didn't he threathen to beat up Moby at one of the Gramys? :blink:
Yes. :lol:

After that Moby had a concert in Boston. After the concert he was signing autographs, I heard two men jumped him and beat his ass.

Eminem's men? :blink: :lol:

nahan
05-16-2003, 06:03 AM
I heard in rolling stone it was two drunk guys that later called in to a radio station and claimed it was a gay bashing.

I dont think hes gay though

Jayhawk
05-16-2003, 07:41 AM
lets see how many times we can say am in a song....That was really gay but so is he so yeah i dislike him alot

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-16-2003, 09:26 AM
i dont like eminem as much as i used to his lyrics do get kinda boring
but saying his beats arent good thats just retarded
he does have madd skill tho
he rhymes so many syllabyles together its fucked
and he raps a whole story and it all flows good

i didnt know all those rappers you listed were white .... damn

opivy
05-16-2003, 09:43 AM
The guy rapped in pig latin what is cooler than that? :D

Kid1A
05-16-2003, 10:10 AM
I Bet he wishes he was born black

opivy
05-16-2003, 10:13 AM
Why would he wish he was born black? Him being white makes him more prestigious

Semmi
05-16-2003, 10:29 AM
mainstream loves him because he IS talented and he keeps things simple.....
underground dislikes him because he is so popular and to many listeners eminem=hiphop.....still most of the so called underground rappers admit that he has got talent.....those who say he is untalented are just jealous.....

amphoteric88
05-16-2003, 10:42 AM
removed

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-16-2003, 10:53 AM
no1 goes to tha rap olympics or any freestyle contest without some pre thought rhymes
some shit you might make up on your own while your there but basically thought of before

"...freestyles, turn up missing like snoop doggs police files..."
"dont turn my facial tissue to a racial issue"

gotta be pre written
maybe not written on paper but definately thought up way before

WeeMouse
05-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Now here's a good discussion!

My friend likes Eminem and Hip-Hop etc, wheras i like Rock. We were having a discussion and she claimed that Rock sucked cos you can't understand a word they are saying, and that the wprds don't really mean anything...

those are MY arguements as to why I don't like Eminem! :lol:

I guess he's a good rapper...I just don't like excessive swearing etc

amphoteric88
05-16-2003, 11:30 AM
removed

WeeMouse
05-16-2003, 11:35 AM
if you don't like bad language, don't listen

too true! that's why I avoid him at all costs! :D

Others can listen to Eminem if they like...I don't mind! I know he's popular and I accept the fact that others have different tastes - as long as I don't have to hear it, I'm fine! :lol:

good points amphoteric88!

nahan
05-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Lets get this straight eminem is a rapper, not a hip hopper.
(Or a hip hop artist if you want to be technical)

krholmes56
05-16-2003, 10:52 PM
i like eminem i mean he's a good rapper but i think people should accept the fact he's a white rapper whuts rong wit dat?

imported_el-producto
05-17-2003, 05:16 PM
personally i dont think it takes much talent to rap but i still like the shit

amphoteric88
05-17-2003, 05:29 PM
removed

marine_aart
05-17-2003, 09:10 PM
I like eminem's style, dunno why

Someone_Else
05-17-2003, 09:29 PM
i actually prefer eminem to all the other wannabe gangsta rappers out there... hes actually saying stuff that makes sense in his lyrics... nto just money hoes and cars bling bling nigga.

amphoteric88
05-17-2003, 09:46 PM
removed

StEpS
05-18-2003, 04:18 AM
You're right about one thing.....there are plenty of white rappers and hiphop artists that have talent .......i base talent on flow, voice, lyrical content, truth in that lyrical content, and finally its gotta be from the heart.

Oh yeah, it's almost impossible to find an artist with all these attributes, but if they have 4 out of the six, thats talent!! ;)

fallenknight308
05-18-2003, 04:46 AM
O come on, wake the fuck up! Don't you people realize that mainstream music is nothing more than pr and money?!! rappers make their money from slinging their "hate" for each other.
For example remember that little lovers spat that eminem and icp had?
Eminem "dissed" icp, icp rag on eminem, and what happens? record sales SKYROCKET!
Its like Marilyn manson, Here's a guy who capitalizes off pretending to be "evil" and the sheep eat it up with a spoon!! He probably goes home, takes off the makeup, and fucks his wife missionary style :lol:
If you believe in this crap, you just boost record sales ;)
Don't hate me for being right!

StEpS
05-18-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by fallenknight308@17 May 2003 - 23:46
O come on, wake the fuck up! Don't you people realize that mainstream music is nothing more than pr and money?!! rappers make their money from slinging their "hate" for each other.
For example remember that little lovers spat that eminem and icp had?
Eminem "dissed" icp, icp rag on eminem, and what happens? record sales SKYROCKET!
Its like Marilyn manson, Here's a guy who capitalizes off pretending to be "evil" and the sheep eat it up with a spoon!! He probably goes home, takes off the makeup, and fucks his wife missionary style :lol:
If you believe in this crap, you just boost record sales ;)
Don't hate me for being right!
I very much so agree, i don't know if you were refering to my comment or someone elses....but really i agree with you about the mainstream, its pure wack business, nuthin but made up bull ish to sell more records, in other words......sell out for the money......i'm interested in real rappers and hiphop artists that do it for the love of music, and have some wise lyrical content...keep it real, and you'll be around alot longer....most mainstream artists in the rap industry are loved for a while and then forgotten!!
Just my opinion.....

StEpS ;)

fallenknight308
05-18-2003, 05:06 AM
I was addressing the whole topic.

Yeah, mainstream is ALL about green!
Take "kid rock" for instance: He admits too it! I have respect a person who is a capitalist,
But hiding it under the pretense of "hardness" and "I grew up in da getto" is a fucking sham!

I will allways call it as I see it!! :ph34r: