PDA

View Full Version : I've been wondering... Why?

SpiderPig
01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Ok, so I've been in this business not long, and I was wondering why people wanna get the BEST or the ELITE tracker? I mean, I am very satisfied with BitSoup and TorrentLeech because they have pretty much everything I need. If I needed something they didn't have, I'd just request it and most likely it'll be up in a week or two. I mean, don't every tracker have about the same releases (I.e. if you want the newest DVDR of Star Wars, you'd probably find it on most of the mainstream private trackers)? Also, the speeds are usually about the same unless you want something like 1+Mb/s. So.. Why does everyone like to trade invites and/or accounts that they have spent a lot of time to invest in?

You can make a case for special sites like a national site with only your language or a DVD-only site or even a music only site, but what is the point of having all these general (0-day? Idk, i just saw it somewhere) trackers when all you're trying to do is get some free stuff that you can pretty much find elsewhere?

Just curious..

Shadowfire
01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
You could be an elitist, wanting all the hardest to get sites. Or you could just be curious and want to find out about the hype that others are talking about. Some of the greatest sites like ScT (so I'm told) have good exclusive packs that are cool and convenient. Or, you can just find the invite trading business very fun. I dunno.

You have good philosophy, btw.

Skiz
01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't know either, and I feel the same as you.

I have 4 tracker sites that I'm a member of, and I get 99% of everything I look for from just 2 of them. (Torrentleech and Supertorrents)

There is a poll around here somewhere asking how many trackers, members are signed up for, and I was shocked to see that the norm was like 20 or so. :wacko:

Some people just want to be part of all of them I guess. :idunno:

mofo.
01-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Ok, so I've been in this business not long, and I was wondering why people wanna get the BEST or the ELITE tracker?

it is human nature

FlipRising21
01-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I like to collect =D and once I have the best Site I will rule the underworld and comeout as king!!!

but really I just do it cause I like doing it and I really got sucked into the scene =)

gamer4eva
01-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Ok, so I've been in this business not long, and I was wondering why people wanna get the BEST or the ELITE tracker?

it is human nature

Took the words right out of me mouth.:lol:

davidkz23
01-08-2007, 11:27 PM

it is human nature

:yup:

aburyach
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
ScT is really nice...they have exclusive packs that no one else has :) That convinced me, I am always looking for more content :lol:

BillStruth
01-08-2007, 11:47 PM
to start with i found myself registering with lots of different torrent sites, probably because of a bit of excitement at having discovered something new, and greed. now i only use 3 on a regular basis.

DefX
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
for me, the packs (free leech or not) separates the elite trackers from the regular 0day trackers. thats incentive enough to really wanna join them.

Melvinmeow
01-09-2007, 02:34 AM
ScT is really nice...they have exclusive packs that no one else has :) That convinced me, I am always looking for more content :lol:

Where exactly are these EXCLUSIVE packs??
Its all scene material the same stuff you can find on TL, Bitsoup, F*N, and a bunch of other sites.
Not sure where your comment came from. Most sites have basically the same stuff they just rotate so just cause its on SCT today doesnt mean it hasnt been on another 6 months ago and that it wont be on a differant site 3 months from now as well.

Skiz
01-09-2007, 03:26 AM

Its all scene material the same stuff you can find on TL, Bitsoup, F*N, and a bunch of other sites.
Not sure where your comment came from. Most sites have basically the same stuff they just rotate so just cause its on SCT today doesnt mean it hasnt been on another 6 months ago and that it wont be on a differant site 3 months from now as well.

Exactly.

Define, "exclusive packs that no one else has". :huh:

kimii
01-09-2007, 05:05 AM

Agreed. ScT gets a lot of their TV Packs off BMTV or Public Trackers :whistling

evening_star
01-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Yeah, it's true I like the packs, and I like collecting elite sites.

However, most of it is about speed. Both the speed of the download and how quickly scene material is uploaded to the site.

A DVD Screener may appear on FTN or F*** days before it reaches TL, if it comes to TL at all. TV shows will also often appear an hour or two earlier.

Many of the sites have exclusive material. Especially the specialty sites like BitMeTV or Oink. They have things I haven't been able to find elsewhere.

It's worth it.

Oh, one more thing. The more secret the site, the less likely you'll get in trouble for downloading copy-righted material. ;)

Ivanov
01-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Actually I never download packs...
I have downloaded my first pack last week (MusicVids pack), but not checked for downloading all files...

h4mm44d
01-09-2007, 08:32 AM
It's partly because of 'exclusive' content, faster speeds etc. but there definately is for everyone a sense of competition to get the best tracker.
Also, when your not a part of an 'elite' site you're led to believe that your missing out on something. In other words...

it is human nature

Edit: On the subject of packs, I personally love them as although I could scour the net looking for the individual scene releases, it's nice when you have them all in one pack, easier for archiving. Also, sometimes you get something in a pack that you wouldn't have thought of looking for, for example a certain multiple gigabyte pack which included most of the films of a certain actor, had films that I wouldn't have actively looked for, yet I greatly enjoyed watching them.

phonicsmonkey
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
the grass is always greener mate, they always want what they cannot have. I'm like that with attached women

SHUVT
01-12-2007, 09:00 PM
I find that some of the "Elite" sites are hard to get your ratios where they need to be. If they are considered elite, they usually have a high number of users using seedboxes and there seems to be very few leechers because of the download speed you get. I have looked for the best seed to leech torrent on these sites and by the time I get the file downloaded, the 30+ leechers have it as well. The speeds are awsome, but that means there are fewer leechers getting upload from you because they are a leecher for less time. I have a around 20 trackers and I usually find myself using the same 5 over and over again.

I have a good connection, but if there is nobody leeching for any amount of time, it really doesn't help ya. But then again I have maybe 1 tracker that is considered "elite", so maybe I am just bitter because I don't have more. LOL

gamer4eva
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Elite= The ones that are hard to get into and requires a considerable effort to keep good ratio.

faresalandlos
01-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok, so I've been in this business not long, and I was wondering why people wanna get the BEST or the ELITE tracker? I mean, I am very satisfied with BitSoup and TorrentLeech because they have pretty much everything I need. If I needed something they didn't have, I'd just request it and most likely it'll be up in a week or two. I mean, don't every tracker have about the same releases (I.e. if you want the newest DVDR of Star Wars, you'd probably find it on most of the mainstream private trackers)? Also, the speeds are usually about the same unless you want something like 1+Mb/s. So.. Why does everyone like to trade invites and/or accounts that they have spent a lot of time to invest in?

You can make a case for special sites like a national site with only your language or a DVD-only site or even a music only site, but what is the point of having all these general (0-day? Idk, i just saw it somewhere) trackers when all you're trying to do is get some free stuff that you can pretty much find elsewhere?

Just curious..

i don't know too
but u can say tat collecteing this trackers
is a some thing like collecting rare postoffice

and the other thing
that trackers is the best in music
other the best in old movies
,other is the best in new movies
games and so>

hdooga
01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
"exclusive packs" is just a silly substitute for a proper request section like SweBits or Oink.