PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to get caught!

X
01-26-2007, 03:50 AM
hello,
I have been reading for a while now that MPAA and other government agencies are cracking down. I would like to know what programs are usable to guaranteed protection. I only download from private trackers. I already know about peerguardian 2 and use it. Are there any other programs and what else precautions can I use to guarantee not getting caught.
Thanx

x5quarei7

ooxxoo
01-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Firewall? Even with peerguardian you can get caught, Safest way is to just not download at all. Haha today was a great day for me. "Sarcastically" One of my classes that I was looking forward to got cancelled for the semester and I get a warning letter.

shosh
01-26-2007, 04:04 AM
peerguardian is completely useless. i dont know why ppl think this program is so good. the best way not to get caught is not downloading at all like ooxxoo said. but there are so many ppl sharing files nowadays that all you get is a warning (they cant catch and sue everyone).

X
01-26-2007, 04:07 AM
peerguardian is completely useless. i dont know why ppl think this program is so good. the best way not to get caught is not downloading at all like ooxxoo said. but there are so many ppl sharing files nowadays that all you get is a warning (they cant catch and sue everyone).

whats the highest amount of warnings anyone has received?

kavalchuk17
01-26-2007, 08:45 AM
I'd like to know that too.

gamer4eva
01-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I have read many posts like this and i think that the max someone recieved was like 4-5 but he just threw them away!!!!

@tomix
01-26-2007, 09:58 AM
As others have said, the only sure fire way not to get caught is not to do it in the first place.

People seem to think that PG2 gives them protection from being caught, but from what I have read, it only blocks the connection to you, your IP address is still recorded. Some people have said that this could be a factor in anyone trying to bring a law suit against you as they would be able to prove an IP address, but no content uploaded from your connection. I'm not sure about this but for the time being there is no harm in using IP filtering tools.

The various programs that provide a level if anonimity such as I2P or tor look like being the best bet in the future, though I think they're toonew and small at the moment for decent file sharing

Melvinmeow
01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Ive gotten over 12 ceast and decist letters acctually.
Just can your isp and get a new one.
Long as they company that caught you dl their files doesnt ask for your personal info you should be fine. Since a new isp wouldnt have any records of your past doings.

X
01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
As others have said, the only sure fire way not to get caught is not to do it in the first place.

i dont think that is even an option :D

If anyone comes across a guaranteed way not to get caught. either using a program or some tweaking to the computer. LET US KNOW!! :w00t:

nadeem111as
01-26-2007, 07:45 PM
:D :D :D :D :D
i don't really know what you are guys talking about
because i don't have any trouble like this
in my country no one ask you what you are doing
that is cool
;) ;)

artifact
01-26-2007, 07:49 PM
there is no sure fire way not to get caught

if u want to be 100% safe then dont download.

Kraig
01-26-2007, 11:58 PM

They dont have to sue everyone.
Just some,so that the other get afraid of downloading illegal stuff.

Panther
01-27-2007, 12:13 AM
also, I dont think the "normal" user is in any danger of getting cought, althou I dont know if its the case in USA, but here in Iceland the government would only go after the biggest ones and did 2 years ago, the big dc++ case, they went after 12 guys, all of them sharing over 1 TB...the case is still open, and with torrents its harder to proof things

kapowcowpwned
01-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Move to Canada :P

mags23
01-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Ignore that last post...we don't want ye!! hehe

deputysalty
01-27-2007, 06:25 AM
Canada? Go to Netherlands or Sweden!