PDA

View Full Version : utorrent 1.6 question

rbh
01-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I have been using utorrent 1.6 for awhile now but I still haven't figured out why the green arrows beside the file name turns red. They appear temporarily then turn green again. Sometimes it is a red up arrow and sometimes a red down arrow. I had a guess it was unavailable resources but why would the up arrow turn red when I am sharing the complete file. I have read through all the settings and what not but haven't found the answer.

Skiz
01-27-2007, 07:26 PM
First, highlight the torrent with the red arrow. Click the 'General' tab in the middle of the page, then look at the 'Tracker Status'.

What does it say there?

rbh
01-27-2007, 09:02 PM
It says offline (timed out) but why would it say that on my end? I guess I am not fully understanding of how torrents work but if I am seeding the file and have no issues on my end, why would just this one file have problems? Of the 8 or so files I am currently seeding, they all seem to take turns with the red arrow.

Skiz
01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Are the torrents with this problem all from the same tracker?

Try disabling DHT, then restart uTorrent. Then enabled it and restart again.

ten elite brains
01-28-2007, 12:09 AM
More info can be found HERE (http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_the_red_icons_mean_on_the_torrent_status_icons.3F) ;)

Are all 8 torrents connected to the same tracker?

rbh
01-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Yeah, all the same tracker as I just hit the scene and haven't gotten into invites yet. I am not too bothered by it, because like I said, it is random and doesn't last long. They are all from bitsoup. As long as they don't stay red long and effect my ratio I won't bother with it, but at least I know now what the red arrow means.

PooBar
01-28-2007, 01:44 AM
its just the tracker being overloaded,dont worry about it as it will sort it self out,just dont stop your torrents when they turn red if you are using a private tracker as you stats wont update.,.

kavalchuk17
01-28-2007, 04:31 AM
mhmm, the scene...

rbh
01-28-2007, 06:04 AM
mhmm, the scene...

Well, how else would I say I am still a noob to torrents and newsgroups?;) Until recently it was all emule, limewire, and mirc. Then I found torrents and it was public trackers, then I came upon this forum shortly after and discovered private trackers. See, a noob.:D