PDA

View Full Version : Azureus Seeding Help

flow7
02-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Sorry this might be a newb question, but I'm using the latest azureuz and downloading from a private tracker. My d/l speed is good, but when it come to u/l its really slow or sometimes even 0. The peer numbers are high but no1 seems to be leeching from me. I have a 6.0 Mbps cable connection.What are proper settings i should use and how do i get my upload speed up?? Thanks in advance for the help.. I'll greatly appreciate it.

Melvinmeow
02-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Are you using a router or a firewall by any chance?

The proper way to do torrenting effectively would be to set your total outgoing in your client to approx... 80% of your total outgoing speed. Thus giving you descent incoming speed and a somewhat descent outgoing speed in most cases.

flow7
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm not using a firewall or a router. I fowarded all ports with the xp firewall but that didn't make a differance.

Melvinmeow
02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
In your client does it show you connectable or not connecable?

Some sites will tell you if your connectable or not as well if you dont know where to find it in your client.

Another good idea would be to try turning your encryption within the client on. Alot of isps block torrents so turning the encryption on may also do the trick as well.

flow7
02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
My client does show I'm connectable and my encryption was on but still no difference. Thanks melvin anywayz for trying to help.

flow7
02-02-2007, 12:44 PM
My client is connectable and my encryption was on, but still no change in u/l .Thanks anyways melvin for trying to help.

anak
02-04-2007, 02:36 AM
a) you may not really have a 6mb connection
b) your cable modem may be capping your speed
c) if you have encryption on and the person you are uploding to is not accepting encrypted transfers.. then you cant upload to them
d) there may not be anyone for you to seed because a) there arent any leechers or b) they have already connected to enough seeders and dont need you :P
e) i have the same problem and it is very annoying
f) my advertized 3mb connection is DEFINATELY not 3mb... grr

Vakill
02-04-2007, 03:00 AM
How do u turn on ecryption for Utorrent?? i checked the thread on it but for some reason the encryption for Utorrent isnt there...

anak
02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
with v1.6 you go to Options>Preferences>BitTorrent... then toggle the options in the "Protocol Encryption" box

Melvinmeow
02-06-2007, 08:09 PM
You dont live in CANADA by any chance do you? I read something about Rogers I beleive it was being able to tell even with the encryption on. So if your in Canada using rogers if thats the isp im thinking of... then that would explain it. Ive heard something about a new client which is still working fine but forget the name of it. Will post more info if you are from canada.