PDA

View Full Version : if u had a tracker

torrentslave
02-02-2007, 09:10 PM
alright guys and girls if any of you were to open up a new tracker what would you do to make it stand out above the rest?

alaz1903
02-02-2007, 09:55 PM
seeding bonus system.

decay-
02-02-2007, 11:39 PM
alright guys and girls if any of you were to open up a new tracker what would you do to make it stand out above the rest?

specialize it in not having any torrents

kiosk
02-02-2007, 11:55 PM
seeding bonus is a bit old hat as most trackers have that, but you could expand that and give the person that uploads the most per month a cash reward based on how much they had uploaded, obviously this would need to be balanced so those without servers/seedboxes would have as much chance of winning as those with. Wouldn't need to be a large amount but could be base on a few cents per MB.

Ah and it would only really work if the donations covered all the site costs first but I think it would be unique.

shlomok
02-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Video interview before you sign up :)

0ctane
02-03-2007, 01:06 AM
upload the things nobody else does :)

aburyach
02-03-2007, 01:27 AM
upload the things nobody else does :)

Of course! Like movies... I know there are a lot of movie sites, but there is, so far (atleast for me) no one superior only-movie site [like OiNK-music, bitme-elearning, etc]

OmaRin0
02-03-2007, 07:20 AM
invite first persons that have high upload speed, let them upload some thing new, then open the sign ups..

shutdk
02-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Let people make their own rips of TV that is not normally seen on other trackers.
Then maybe free signup one day in every week

vatoslocos
02-03-2007, 11:49 AM
invite people that have fast upload and good pre times

Moonspell13
02-03-2007, 12:33 PM
This is how I think of it: First of all some really good coders so that the site doesn';t have any holes, and a good anticheating system like oink...
Then , before even mentioning the tracker anywhere, I think I would gather good stuff, people I trust.. The most important think should be the uploading TEAM (=good coordination)...
The number may be VERY high, but I think if someone wants to build something good/big, he needs at least 17 dedicated uploaders..
-5 for general 0 day
-3 for exclusive sites' own DVD rips and divx etc.
-4 for games realease, one for each major platform
-2 for quality elearning stuff either new or taken from "other" known sources
-3 for music, both 0 day and older rips/discographies...

Then I would get max 100 members, good friends and staff's friends... The site would operate secretly for at least 1 month, so a good number of problems would be fixed, build the small userbase of 100 people, and have a t the end of the month a number of around 200-300 quality torrents...
I would also add a bonus system like Supertorrents, so that torrents don't die quickly.. Then when things have started to take their own way, I would start getting more members, first with some invites to everyone.. When members reach 500 (and should be 500 quality members, not acc holders) close again and make available to all PUs to upload torrents.. This would probably mean that in about a month torrents if the community is active could reach 1000... Now would be the time to open registration for some time and advertise the site around.. 1000 active torrents should draw the attention of most... Now the site should just keep on the current pace and get bigger :)

Or I'm just dreaming :/ I don't know... :(

torrentslave
02-03-2007, 07:58 PM
This is how I think of it: First of all some really good coders so that the site doesn';t have any holes, and a good anticheating system like oink...
Then , before even mentioning the tracker anywhere, I think I would gather good stuff, people I trust.. The most important think should be the uploading TEAM (=good coordination)...
The number may be VERY high, but I think if someone wants to build something good/big, he needs at least 17 dedicated uploaders..
-5 for general 0 day
-3 for exclusive sites' own DVD rips and divx etc.
-4 for games realease, one for each major platform
-2 for quality elearning stuff either new or taken from "other" known sources
-3 for music, both 0 day and older rips/discographies...

Then I would get max 100 members, good friends and staff's friends... The site would operate secretly for at least 1 month, so a good number of problems would be fixed, build the small userbase of 100 people, and have a t the end of the month a number of around 200-300 quality torrents...
I would also add a bonus system like Supertorrents, so that torrents don't die quickly.. Then when things have started to take their own way, I would start getting more members, first with some invites to everyone.. When members reach 500 (and should be 500 quality members, not acc holders) close again and make available to all PUs to upload torrents.. This would probably mean that in about a month torrents if the community is active could reach 1000... Now would be the time to open registration for some time and advertise the site around.. 1000 active torrents should draw the attention of most... Now the site should just keep on the current pace and get bigger :)

Or I'm just dreaming :/ I don't know... :(

very nice