PDA

View Full Version : Torrent sites which don't require rar's

UVRay
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi guys.

I'm lazy, and I can't be bothered with rar files, but all the registration torrent sites I've tried insist that all torrents are split into rars. Are there any registration sites out there which usually have their torrents already unpacked?

Thanks.

PS I really don't want to get into a debate about why I don't like rar's and how great they are.

Green Goblin
02-07-2007, 01:17 PM
bitmetv and uknova i think.

nadeem111as
02-07-2007, 03:20 PM
ya bitmetv does
x264

YAH00
02-07-2007, 03:45 PM
also .. Bitme
& TT , Oink , Filemp3 ,, etc ..

btw :: rars are really important to make the torrent faster !

Cheers

UVRay
02-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Doh, yeah I knew about UKnova, just forgot about it as I'm in the UK so don't have to use it often, and wasn't really thinking about music sites. Good to know about bitmetv though, I'll have to try and find me an invite, joined up to TVTorrents in the meantime though. Cheers.

Any for movies?

I'm not going there :shutup: ;)

Ivanov
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
UVRay just use some Bulgarian torrent sites :D
There all releases are unrared.
zamunda.net
torrents.bol.bg
arenabg.com
and etc

Ne'tu
02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
HDBits also.

And many pr0n trackers... :naughty: :lol:

UVRay
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
And many pr0n trackers... :naughty: :lol:

Well I wouldn't know about those... :whistling

Backslash
02-07-2007, 11:25 PM
wait, can someone explain to me the advantage of downloading torrents that come unpacked in rars?

gamer4eva
02-07-2007, 11:26 PM
wait, can someone explain to me the advantage of downloading torrents that come unpacked in rars?

The only advantage is that you don't need to extract the files....and the disadvantage is that you can't seed file on another tracker if files are not originally rarred i dont think.;)

kabloomz
02-08-2007, 01:09 AM

The only advantage is that you don't need to extract the files....and the disadvantage is that you can't seed file on another tracker if files are not originally rarred i dont think.;)

not to mention that but rar'ing helps saves bw... easier to organize (lotta vob files have the same generic names but diff content... who wants to dload chapters of unrared albums,text,random dvdr's etc....)

not to flame or nething but u gotta seriously be really really lazy not to be able to unrar a file.... :dry:

UVRay
02-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Okay, you made me do it :P

not to mention that but rar'ing helps saves bw...No. Unless you mean the extra 0.01% compression you get. on raring files in an already compressed format (avi, mp3, etc)

easier to organize (lotta vob files have the same generic names but diff content... who wants to dload chapters of unrared albums,text,random dvdr's etc....)How is it easier to organize dozens of rar files than 1 or 2 avi's? :wacko:

not to flame or nething but u gotta seriously be really really lazy not to be able to unrar a file.... :dry:It takes 5-10 minutes for every TV episode/movie I download to for me to uncompress it & my computer is useless for that duration. It's a short life.
I also have very limited disk space on my laptop & don't want to have to keep 2 copies of everything (one to seed & one to watch).

This says it better:

http://torrentfreak.com/unpack-rar-archives-before-you-release-a-torrent

medo
02-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I also have very limited disk space on my laptop & don't want to have to keep 2 copies of everything (one to seed & one to watch)

for that i prefer these sites with no rar files

Melvinmeow
02-08-2007, 02:51 PM
We have alot of unrarred files on my site as well. (Mostly movies in divx/xvid/kvcd formats) We also post alot of the films in rar format as well (Xvid Cat) I think T-D might have some unrarred files now and then as well.

In reguards to

its not really any faster... its only faster when transferring via ftp servers like the scene does. Transferring on torrents shouldnt be really any differance.

OmaRin0
02-08-2007, 05:25 PM
i don't think that is a problem if they .rar every file..

TaLeNDiL
02-08-2007, 09:35 PM
zamunda