PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Repair A Corrupt Iso?

tomc4t
05-27-2003, 06:49 PM
I downloaded 2 AOM ISO's, the game installed but I got error messages as some files couldn't be read from the image. CDMage couldn't fix them. I didn't want to give up so easily, so I tracked down another pair of ISO's for the same game. These had unrepairable errors as well, but the errors were in different sectors so I was able to retrieve the damaged files I needed using IsoBuster, and then overwrote them directly to the AOM install on the HDD. Voila! All running - a great game. Finished it now ;)

Now I'd like to fix the ISO if possible as right now I'm basically sharing stuff that won't work - is there any way to overwrite the files on the ISO? Or create a new one?

PersianBulldog
05-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Sure, just download WinISO. With that software you can open .ISO files and edit them and save them. So basically you can grab the working files from the images into one big working ISO.. Try it! B)

tomc4t
05-30-2003, 07:26 PM
It was looking like it would work, but then when I replaced the damaged files the whole ISO was borked! CDMage came up with over 10000 unrecoverable errors before I told it it could stop checking.

Thanks anyway!