PDA

View Full Version : General Burning

lx_tricky
05-27-2003, 10:56 PM
1. Ok i know how to burn a audio cd, but i got a few questions about it. Like when i put it in after it is burned i have the option to erase the cd. For some reason every time i do that it makes the cd itself un-writeable. Does anyone know why this happens?
2. I never burned files onto a cd so this is gonna be tricky. I wanna burn cd images now. My computer came with a cd-rw drive but no actually cd burning software. What's a good program to burn cd images for games?

Thanks for all the Help! :D

Kevhead2
05-27-2003, 11:39 PM
It depends on the CDs you have.. i have some Imation that can be erased with not problem. then i bought some Memorex CD-RWs and after trying to erase it , it became a coaster.

The best program to write images with is Alcohol 120% , it has the best copy write protection circumvention on the market

wings1234
05-28-2003, 02:30 AM
get cdrwin5 from kaza its a demo, but has serial in it, use cd-r to ues fro games, and were did you get erase from, dont you mean format? no wonder your wasting discs <_<

sorry but i just spent 20mins wrighting all the things to get and why, but the login error is getting to me when im alredy loged in no wonder members stick to the guest room :D

Nightwolf
05-28-2003, 04:29 AM
Wait a minute, back up. You said you are able to burn audio CD&#39;s and even erase them, but you don&#39;t have any burning software? How is that possible? :huh:

Anyway, Nero is the most common burning program. If you search the forums you&#39;ll find plenty of info about it (or you can just go here (http://www.nero.com/en/index.html)).

lx_tricky
05-28-2003, 09:43 PM
I used windows media player to burn auido cd&#39;s. Ok this is where i get th erase option. (You may not understand if you don&#39;t have windows xp) This is what i did.

1. Open "My Computer"
2. With a cd-rw disk in drive (D:) i right click it
3. Then i go to explore
4. On the left hand side of the window (below the file, edit, veiw, etc and back, forward, up, etc bars) it says "CD Writing Tasks" the second option says "Erase this cd-rw"

When i do this it erases the files, but dosen&#39;t allow me to put files on it later. Any ideas?

Kevhead2
05-29-2003, 12:53 AM
why dont you use popular burning software to erase it. Nero, Alcohol or CloneCD.

Nightwolf
05-29-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by lx_tricky@28 May 2003 - 16:43
I used windows media player to burn auido cd&#39;s. Ok this is where i get th erase option. (You may not understand if you don&#39;t have windows xp)
You&#39;re right, I didn&#39;t know you could do that because I&#39;m still using Win98 and Media Player 6.4. :lol: Then you should try erasing a disc with Nero, to rule out a hardware problem. You can either search this website for a hash, or go to http://www.nero.com/ and download the trial version.