PDA

View Full Version : FLAC music tracker wanted...

Alco23
03-20-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm after an invite to trackers that host a large collection of FLAC encoded music, mainly classical and mainstream music.

I already have OiNK and Demoniod for most content but I'm hoping to find a tracker with a little more speed. I have no problems seeding on OiNK so I don't think keeping a ratio with a FLAC based tracker will be a problem.

I have heard much about E***o and BTmusic but have no real idea of what they have in content or their speed. Can someone give me this information and does anyone have a spare invite?

Feel free to PM me screenies showing their content :lol:.

Thanks

erax
03-20-2007, 04:25 AM
www.dimeadozen.org

khartman
03-20-2007, 05:32 AM
check out softmp3.org its was open sign up earlier

Alco23
03-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Both trackers mentioned above are closed or full at the moment.

Can anyone give me a bit more info about their FLAC content before spend countless hours trying to sign up?

stam
03-20-2007, 06:59 AM
btmusic

redMonster
03-20-2007, 07:13 AM
I don't think softmp3 has flac releases.

ten elite brains
03-20-2007, 09:44 AM
You can request an invite for pedro's on their forum HERE (http://forum.btmusic.org/index.php?showforum=12)

;)

erax
03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
try again they open every day many times

RainRoofer
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM
BT music ? I dont think so.

Alco23
03-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Oooo... thanks for the screenie Stam, looks interesting. :)
Nice list of Flac files, I hope there's more as I don't see any of the classical genre.

I'll keep trying to erax, thanks for the suggestion. If it's no good for me I'll give it away save someone else trying to hammer the site waiting for a free spot.

JA
03-21-2007, 07:16 AM
Nice list of Flac files, I hope there's more as I don't see any of the classical genre.

I'll keep trying to erax, thanks for the suggestion. If it's no good for me I'll give it away save someone else trying to hammer the site waiting for a free spot.
A hammering program for firefox is Check4change ;)

deuce6000
03-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Is it possible to play flac on regular cd players?

Fulanito
03-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Is it possible to play flac on regular cd players?

never tried.

I'm after an invite to trackers that host a large collection of FLAC encoded music, mainly classical and mainstream music.

I already have OiNK and Demoniod for most content but I'm hoping to find a tracker with a little more speed. I have no problems seeding on OiNK so I don't think keeping a ratio with a FLAC based tracker will be a problem.

I have heard much about E***o and BTmusic but have no real idea of what they have in content or their speed. Can someone give me this information and does anyone have a spare invite?

Feel free to PM me screenies showing their content :lol:.

Thanks

E**go has a good collection in flac files combined with old music and new music.

sert
03-21-2007, 07:43 AM
some cd players play flac but the majority don't

so you have to convert to wav first

Alco23
03-21-2007, 07:59 AM
In addition, some "mp3" players also play FLAC with a modded firmware (iRivers) ;).

deuce6000
03-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Ok so you guys basically only download flac music to listen to on your pc or can you convert them to say 320?
What is the best quality music besides flac that is playable on regular cd players is it 320 or v0?Can you convert flac to 320 and if so which program do you use to do it?I just like my music to be the highest possible quality.
Thanks guys for the help i appreciate it.

Alco23
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
The way I have my system set up is to play FLAC files through my PC. The PC is hooked up to my speaker system (hi-fi/amplifier) via spdif.
I use foobar2k to play my music files and use kernal streaming or passthrough.
You can convert FLAC to 320kbp mp3 if you wish, a simple click in you foobar does it easily.
Some people can hear the difference between lossless FLAC compression and a lossy compression like mp3. Up to the user really... I prefer FLAC because I find the different instruments in classical music a little more distinct. For other genres my ears aren't as picky but I just prefer FLAC cause I'm anal :P.

/edit: Some interesting articles about audio compression you might be interested in:
Lossless comparison (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lossless_comparison).
Lossless vs lossy formats (http://www.bobulous.org.uk/misc/audioFormats.html).

deuce6000
03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Thanks alco.

popopot
03-21-2007, 11:17 AM

A hammering program for firefox is Check4change ;)

Can also use TabMixPlus and the 'Reload Every' option.