PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

ten elite brains
03-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I see a lot of threads for trades with either:

1. I have X, Y & Z to trade PM me with offers.

2. I need X, PM me with what you need for it.

My suggestion is that the OP closes the thread a soon as they have posted it. Therefore you don't get all the lame 'Good Luck' or 'Nice offer' or even 'PM sent' posts which are just pointless.

If you need to make a trade with that person then just PM them as they requested. If you want to know that they got (and read your PM) just tick the 'Request a read receipt for this message' box before you send it. So long as they confirm this of course.

If you don't know how to cloase a thread here's how:

http://filesharingtalk.com/tt.gif

You can also re-open the thread to bump it (I think, I'm not to sure about the doublepost automerge thing - Mod/Admin?).

I know this won't work universally, but hopefully for those just wanting to deal in PMs it should help.

Let me know what you guys/gals think... :)

EDIT: As I was about to hit 'Submit New Thread' button I noticed there is a tick box to 'Close this thread after you submit your message' lol

Cerise
03-22-2007, 01:07 PM
is there a way to re-open it ? :unsure:

Shalafi
03-22-2007, 01:10 PM

like the way u closed. ;)

Panther
03-22-2007, 01:10 PM
I completely agree on all thos annoying good luck, good offer posts... but the pmīd you posts (and the others too thou they are stupid) have one purpose that I see...It keeps bumping your thread. If noone would relpy the thread is on page 2 after 3-4 hours. you can only have a doublepost every 6 hours and that keeps your thread on the top...

2C

Cerise
03-22-2007, 01:13 PM

like the way u closed. ;)

We learn every day :D Thanks

marksman
03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
yea i became totally anoyyed with that

also what annoys me most now..is..look @ most of the giveaways threads..u will find the *good giveaway* word bazzillion of times!..

Xtremist
03-22-2007, 01:17 PM
but it helps u bump the thread

Panther
03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
but if it is really a good giveaway why cant you say that?

marksman
03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
well yea..but there is a tl giveaways with that!..there is some giveaways that u can easily say that its gr8..but its like in every single giveaway

ten elite brains
03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Yea I spose there is the issue of your thread dropping off to page 2. It was just a thought I had and I'm glad for the thead back.

Friendly Fire
03-22-2007, 01:26 PM
also what annoys me most now..is..look @ most of the giveaways threads..u will find the *good giveaway* word bazzillion of times!..

I beg to differ but "good luck m8" is 10x more annoying. Maybe because they're more frequent. Ten elite brains proposal is good but it shouldnt be necessary.

Panther
03-22-2007, 01:28 PM
but you see some people do that, close the thread and then open it to bump and close again...

the posts get automerged if you post within 6 hours from your last post

Ultramorpg
03-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice offer (?)

The useless comments help bumping the thread :D

khartman
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Good luck m8

raspberry1331
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
actually in this section a BUMP button would be useful, which could be used 3 times a day or such, otherwise the thread would be closed.

good luck mate is really awful, but this is the worst offer ever is maybe even worse

Panther
03-22-2007, 01:45 PM
lol yeah, but some just make new threads about exactly the same topic which is even more worse...

ten elite brains
03-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Good luck m8

:lol:

medo
03-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice offer (?)

The useless comments help bumping the thread :D

:yup:
i am agree with this as i can't pump my thread in this active forum because i have to wait 6 hours between posts to bump it up.If i closed the thread it will be in the 2nd page soon and not everybody will see it

josephs911
03-22-2007, 04:16 PM
but it helps u bump the thread

Yeah all those good lucks and other comments help you bump and stay on top of the page which is good for users looking :)

Skiz
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I see a lot of threads for trades with either:

1. I have X, Y & Z to trade PM me with offers.

2. I need X, PM me with what you need for it.

My suggestion is that the OP closes the thread a soon as they have posted it. Therefore you don't get all the lame 'Good Luck' or 'Nice offer' or even 'PM sent' posts which are just pointless.

If you need to make a trade with that person then just PM them as they requested. If you want to know that they got (and read your PM) just tick the 'Request a read receipt for this message' box before you send it. So long as they confirm this of course.

If you don't know how to cloase a thread here's how:

http://filesharingtalk.com/tt.gif

You can also re-open the thread to bump it (I think, I'm not to sure about the doublepost automerge thing - Mod/Admin?).

I know this won't work universally, but hopefully for those just wanting to deal in PMs it should help.

Let me know what you guys/gals think... :)

EDIT: As I was about to hit 'Submit New Thread' button I noticed there is a tick box to 'Close this thread after you submit your message' lol

It's a good idea so long as all of the necessary info has been included in the original post, and the would be repliers don't need to ask any questions.

I for one get extremely annoyed at incessant posts such as - "good luck", "good giveaway", "nice offer" "PM sent", etc. I would delete them, but there are simply too many. I spend enough time as it is deleting "thanks" from the OPEN SIGNUPS thread. :dry:

I completely agree on all thos annoying good luck, good offer posts... but the pmīd you posts (and the others too thou they are stupid) have one purpose that I see...It keeps bumping your thread. If noone would relpy the thread is on page 2 after 3-4 hours. you can only have a doublepost every 6 hours and that keeps your thread on the top...

The posts would not be bumped to the next page nearly that fast as they wouldn't constantly be "bumped".

DV8type
03-22-2007, 05:46 PM
<< I personally think its good. It shows community. It would be pretty dry w/ not comments....one of the big reasons why i like FST over ZP < Its community

Panther
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM

The posts would not be bumped to the next page nearly that fast as they wouldn't constantly be "bumped".

true, if all of a sudden everyone would stop bumping, but I think the chances of that happening are not that great...

<< I personally think its good. It shows community. It would be pretty dry w/ not comments....one of the big reasons why i like FST over ZP < Its community

Very true, would be pretty boring without comments but reading a whole page of thanks, good job!, great giveaway! and so on can be rather annoying

Skiz
03-22-2007, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=Skizo;1850525]

true, if all of a sudden everyone would stop bumping, but I think the chances of that happening are not that great...

You're missing the point the original poster made. If the thread is locked, then no one can "bump" it.

ten elite brains
03-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Like the title of the thread indicates, this is just a suggestion. Well maybe more like advice. Im not saying everyone should adopt it, just those who prefer to deal via PM. The amount of threads I see where people ask to be PMd and then the thread contains one meaniful reply out of about 6 or so with the rest being just dribble.

I for one prefer to only trade via PM. If someone has a question then it is no more effort to send a PM than it is to post in the thread. This may make me out to be a paranoid tight-arse but that doesn't mean I don't give any invites out. Even Skizo has been on the receiving end of a freebie.

This was not intended to be used for all 'types' of threads, for example if you have a giveaway, you don't want your inbox filling up with peoples screenshots. Or if you have say an FTN invite and you are after a buffered OiNK you can ask people to post there buffers and everyone can see where they stand in comparison.

As for 'bumps' I think 6 hrs is short enough, thats 4 a day. I know this forum is unique in its content but from experience I have always followed the rule of 1 bump a day. Perhaps the number of threads per page could be increased from 25?

djkamikaze
03-23-2007, 05:18 AM
yea i became totally anoyyed with that

good post!;)