PDA

View Full Version : Hoi Snee

Chip Monk
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Did we really argue on first meeting (at the temp forum).

I don't recall this, however I was definitely right and you were entirely wrong.

manker
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Altho' I'm manker today, I argued with you the first time we interacted.

It was about vacuums. You, quite incorrectly, said that a space had to be totally deviod of matter to be considered a vacuum. It was in reply to me saying the converse, as I recall.

In the end, it was proven beyond all doubt that I was right. It brings a tear to the eye 'cos it's a theme that continues to this very day.

You've subsequently denied all knowledge of this discussion.

Barbarossa
03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I have never argued with JP because he is always right, imo.

Even when he's wrong, the way he's wrong pwns so much it deserves to be right.

In fact, I think I sided with him on the vacuum issue :unsure:

manker
03-23-2007, 03:45 PM
JP was so wrong when he was arguing with me this one time that he got all Busyman on my white arse. Completely ignoring what I wrote and replying to what he wished I'd written.

True story.

Chip Monk
03-23-2007, 03:47 PM
He came up with some specious nonsense that it could still be considered a vacuum when it had stuff in it. I correctly and resonable offered that it was a partial vacuum.

He was as unbending then as he is now. The evidence was all there at the outset, we should have hounded him off the board there and then.

Chip Monk
03-23-2007, 03:50 PM
JP was so wrong when he was arguing with me this one time that he got all Busyman on my white arse. Completely ignoring what I wrote and replying to what he wished I'd written.

True story.

Abuse of the "True Story", shocking.

manker
03-23-2007, 03:52 PM
in his defence, tho, JP did completely pwn me the once. When he pretended to be Jonno in the drawing room.

I was all like not trying and giving 'Jonno' a chance -- but then he came up with really good points and completley exploited some pwnage windows I'd left ajar.

I was lyke all wtf and stuff. Didn't forgive him for ages :snooty:

manker
03-23-2007, 03:54 PM

True story.

Abuse of the "True Story", shocking.
I think in that thread, you did say 'Sorry. I got all 'Busy' there for a moment'.

I may, however, have used some poetic licence in the latter half of that first paragraph :whistling

Barbarossa
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Damn I hate reading my old posts. It's like looking at old photos :dabs:

Chip Monk
03-23-2007, 04:05 PM
in his defence, tho, JP did completely pwn me the once. When he pretended to be Jonno in the drawing room.

I was all like not trying and giving 'Jonno' a chance -- but then he came up with really good points and completley exploited some pwnage windows I'd left ajar.

Are you sure that was me. I don't recall ever portraying someone sexually ambivalent.

I'm glad a hawt burd sorted that particular hornet's nest out.

manker
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Are you sure that was me. I don't recall ever portraying someone sexually ambivalent.

I'm glad a hawt burd sorted that particular hornet's nest out.
Yeah, pretty sure it was you. Git. Speaking of hawt burds sorting out the sexually ambivalent, we haven't seen Baz for a wee while.

Wonder if the heroin shooting, stalking, milk leaving, absolutely gorgeous missus he had finally put paid to him - or whether Tom Leo's moved in as his significant other and curtailed Barry Buffalo's webular activities.

Snee
03-23-2007, 08:36 PM
JP, you said that, going by my english, I was probably eastern european.

I also think you thought I was someone else, 'cos you seemed really suspicious of me.

'tho, in all fairnesss, I kicked things off with a humdinger of a topic. It went something like: "I'm really clever, yet I forget the simplest things. Hence it can happen to everyone, so you should be a bit more tolerant of noobs who ask stupid questions. Everyone can make mistakes". TBH, the logic escapes me now, but at that point I'd gone a lot of hours without sleep, and I think I was under the influence of something or other. Not really my finest moment.

You and 3rd put me down, while skweeky defended me, as I recall :dabs:

In hindsight, it was a learing experience.

I think busyman was there too, noting that book-learning has nothing on street-smarts.

EDit: I also think I may have listed a heap of stuff I'm good at, and that probably came off as bragging. I think you may have said I was making stuff up.

Either way it took some time before I realised you were ok, like.

EDitII: Now I remember what made me start that thread too. I was all :emo: 'cos I first cawked up the portugese segment on some contest at a conference or something (still finished second or third), and then I'd still had a shot at the best possible price (some enormous dictionary-thingie worth lots(there was this table full of prices and we could pick what we wanted)) only I'd not quite understood that I could pick that one, or I'd missed it 'cos there was a fat chick in front of me blocking my view of that one, can't remember which.

So I was all like "I can do this, and this and this, but I can't manage doing the simplest things without screwing up".

JPaul
03-23-2007, 08:52 PM
JP, you said that, going by my english, I was probably eastern european.

I also think you thought I was someone else, 'cos you seemed really suspicious of me.

'tho, in all fairnesss, I kicked things off with a humdinger of a topic. It went something like: "I'm really clever, yet I forget the simplest things. Hence it can happen to everyone, so you should be a bit more tolerant of n00bs who ask stupid questions. Everyone can make mistakes". TBH, the logic escapes me now, but at that point I'd gone a lot of hours without sleep, and I think I was under the influence of something or other. Not really my finest moment.

You and 3rd put me down, while skweeky defended me, as I recall :dabs:

In hindsight, it was a learing experience.

I think busyman was there too, noting that book-learning has nothing on street-smarts.

EDit: I also think I may have listed a heap of stuff I'm good at, and that probably came off as bragging. I think you may have said I was making stuff up.

Either way it took some time before I realised you were ok, like.

To be fair I was a cunt. You must bear in mind that I was really new to the concept of interwebs speaking and forums at that stage. I was still very much under the impression that I was interacting with a computer screen. And also a lot of the time I just joking with chaps without realising that they have no way of knowing that.

A story from :earl:. Two blokes I know, decent guys both were having a conversation. One told the other that for about five years he thought the first one was a total cunt. It was from a time they were working together, the one was really new to the job and the other said something like "Have you made a note of that", the n00b replied that he hadn't and the other bloke opined that he was a bit of a cawk and a noob for not having done so.

Turns out he was joking and couldn't remember the incident properly. However the n00b didn't realise that and thought the guy was just a total cunt. held the view for years.

True story and honestly I was not one of the people concerned. I wasn't the other one either.

Snee
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
I just put it down to cultural differences and me having crappy people skills.

The first thing you called me mate, or something like that, it felt a bit surreal, tho', even after all that time :blink:

JPaul
03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Look I don't want to get all ghey about this or anything, but I hope you know I think you're a top bloke.

I have little or no recollection of our initial encounters. However that's true of me with anyone else here. Or indeed anywhere. I'm quite zen about the whole thing and every day is a new one.

Snee
03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
You were my first interwebs-nemesis :smilie4:

And also: thanks, and same to you.

JPaul
03-23-2007, 09:14 PM
It would be interesting to hear from my regular correspondents and find out how many felt a similar way. There's you and manker, I'm confident of that one as well. I know fugley and I (the original one) started off on totally the wrong foot but I like to think that changed. Certainly our PMs suggested so. Jonno in his celebs are us manifestation was another one.

Biggles
03-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Although our first meeting was on an abortion thread I found you lucid and reasonable - the Fugley character just made me laugh although the Sadowitz avatar was a step for a hint.

I fell out with somebody who had a go at my kids but am buggered if I can remember who it was.

JPaul
03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Although our first meeting was on an abortion thread I found you lucid and reasonable - the Fugley character just made me laugh although the Sadowitz avatar was a step for a hint.

I fell out with somebody who had a go at my kids but am buggered if I can remember who it was.

Mr JP Fugley was an invention which Fugley and I shared. I created him and sent the password to Fugley.

The original concept was that sometimes he would post in a normal, lucid manner with an affectation of verbose and overly flowery English.

sometime he would talk shit coz he was a mad angrey bastard.

Something of a schizoid character.

That's not the case any more, hasn't been for some time. It's just another account I use now. When Fugley stopped posting here it just seemed a bit pointless having the hybrid character.

It wasn't any account I use which had a go at your weans, I wouldn't do that deliberately. Tho' I fully accept that there may have been some misunderstanding. As we have seen that can happen.

sArA
03-23-2007, 11:22 PM
I seem to remember our first conversations being quite warm and fuzzy....its all a haze after that.....

Biggles
03-24-2007, 12:10 AM

It wasn't any account I use which had a go at your weans, I wouldn't do that deliberately. Tho' I fully accept that there may have been some misunderstanding. As we have seen that can happen.

Misunderestimations happen all the time :) - but it definitely wasn't you.

JPaul
03-24-2007, 12:17 AM

How comes I have the feeling that you suggesting you don't know who it was is a bit disingenuous , Les.

Misunderestimations ftw, btw.

Biggles
03-24-2007, 12:20 AM

How comes I have the feeling that you suggesting you don't know who it was is a bit disingenuous , Les.

A Bushism (apparently) - no, I really can't remember (senility setting in perhaps) - nobody that still uses the Board I think.

Alien5
03-24-2007, 12:26 AM

A Bushism (apparently) - no, I really can't remember (senility setting in perhaps) - nobody that still uses the Board I think.

meh

j2k4
03-24-2007, 12:27 AM
I remember thinking all of you were OK-ish right off the go.

JP was trying to develop a crusty presence, but failing miserably due to his basic honor.

Downright hidebound over it, actually.

sArA was one of the very first females we coveted, then captured.

On and on.

The first several months lasted years, then the last couple of years have sped right by...I think I started a thread about that somewhere.

You all seemed to be doing a bit of poking and prodding, but all in good fun, I thought.

I can honestly say I've never suffered the slightest offense from any of you, though we've all had the bad day here and there.

You've all been quite brilliant, over the long haul.

Mathea
03-24-2007, 12:33 AM
:o

on THIS forum? :blink:

manker
03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
It would be interesting to hear from my regular correspondents and find out how many felt a similar way. There's you and manker, I'm confident of that one as well. I know fugley and I (the original one) started off on totally the wrong foot but I like to think that changed. Certainly our PMs suggested so. Jonno in his celebs are us manifestation was another one.Not at all.

I don't think there was a single moment, even at first, when I didn't think you were a decent chap.

NikkiD
03-24-2007, 11:38 AM
It would be interesting to hear from my regular correspondents and find out how many felt a similar way. There's you and manker, I'm confident of that one as well. I know fugley and I (the original one) started off on totally the wrong foot but I like to think that changed. Certainly our PMs suggested so. Jonno in his celebs are us manifestation was another one.

We exchanged a few blows back when I first became a mod if I remember correctly, (I'm not rifling through old posts this early in the morning) though I never held any animosity - I've always thought you were a great guy and a good laugh.

Jagarga
03-24-2007, 11:40 AM
i've been on moderaton a few times.

MediaSlayer
03-24-2007, 01:04 PM

@snny-:lol:

tesco
03-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Damn I hate reading my old posts. It's like looking at old photos :dabs:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/lounge/t-how-did-you-get-here--13 lolz n00b

Snee
03-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Polls are orsum!!!! Wow!!

Alien5
03-24-2007, 11:55 PM
i can't see your post there rossco.

MagicNakor
03-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't remember what I thought. :P

:shuriken:

Adster
03-25-2007, 01:35 AM
The Temp forum lmao oh what a classic it was

Alien5
03-25-2007, 01:36 AM
I don't remember it, I must have clicked on it once. :ermm:

JPaul
03-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow! A Poll!!! How cool is that???

Don't be harsh Tesco, we've all been twelve.

Snee
03-25-2007, 03:55 PM
If barbie was 12 in 2002, he sure was quick in getting kids :dabs:

:impressed:

He sounds at least 13 :snooty:

Barbarossa
03-26-2007, 08:54 AM
You can all fuck off :snooty:

It was cool back then. I still think it's cool :mellow:

NB - That wasn't my first ever post, some got lost somewhere :unsure:

Chip Monk
03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Your style now is just a wee bit less frantic.

You have been de-lolboyed.

manker
03-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Your style now is just a wee bit less frantic.

You have been de-lolboyed.
She still overuses the smilies, but.

I, myself, am guilty of this on occasion - but to use them at the end of every sentence is overkill to the max.

Chip Monk
03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
From a mad wee twelve year old to modulator status. It brings a tear to the eye to see the weans grow and fly the nest.

Fly little barbie, fly. We'll be the wind beneath your wings.

Barbarossa
03-26-2007, 10:05 AM
What a hideous thought :none:

Snee
03-26-2007, 10:06 AM
He said be, not break. Fact.