PDA

View Full Version : flagged invitees

walczanin
03-25-2007, 09:52 AM
ok
the problem seems to be serious
A lot of guys here is asking for invites, and never use them getting inviters into seriuos troubles sometimes........

so i guess its time to flagg all of them so that whoever does giveaway in the future can take a look on it............
I was able to track down only 1 invitee so far but will do some research to list some more..

-kollerxp2002 (disabled due to inactivity at bitme)

kajoon
03-25-2007, 10:09 AM
nice going man but i think its a lot of hard work...

JA
03-25-2007, 10:11 AM
75% of my invitees have been banned, for various reasons. Right now im not going to shame them, as some of them would classify as the "elite" or "older" members of the forum. ill let this run for a bit and see were it goes at. Anyhow Great idea Walz :)

znik
03-25-2007, 10:25 AM
On the other hand how could someone know at first place if he is going to love the tracker he asks for an invite?

How can someone know he will like the taste of a fruit before tasting it?

And you cannot expect someone to use your gift otherwise you will take it back... It is a gift and it is his right to use it or not.

In real life have you ever threaten a friend of yours that either he reads the book you have given as a present or he won't be his friend anymore?...

Xtremist
03-25-2007, 10:28 AM
zink has a point in the first two lines...........

but the second two is absurd..

greymatter
03-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Its not like giving a book as a free gift to your friend. Here, if you do not use an account, the inviter is in loss as he will be deprived of getting invites in the future.

Why not give it to others, who raelly needs them or just start giving it away making another thraed? Why letting it disabled and putting the inviter in trouble?

And for the first point, you can always ask even for a screen from the inviter before you join there. Here, the issue is getting invites so as to tarde, not to use. Why would you join such a site, if you do not know what it is???

JA
03-25-2007, 10:29 AM
On the other hand how could someone know at first place if he is going to love the tracker he asks for an invite?

And you cannot expect someone to use your gift otherwise you will take it back... It is a gift and it is his right to use it or not.

In real life have you ever threaten a friend of yours that either he reads the book you have given as a present or he won't be his friend anymore?...

You can have all the fruit tasting here.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446
Just read it, and you can see what fruit you desire...

tctosson
03-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Very nice idea

znik
03-25-2007, 10:43 AM
JessicaAlba I know the thread you are proposing but still a lot of trackers are not at all reviewed.
How could I know if TS-Tracker is any good?
And even if it is reviewed you actually do not taste the fruit.
You just look at it from the TV!
How could I know that TVT.ro has got the TVseries I like and in english?
Personally I rarelly use some trackers that are not at all friendly to members that do not speak romanian, polish, swedish etc.
Why should a non-native language speaker respect such a tracker when the tracker doesn't respect him?

I agree that most here just trade or collect the accounts and never use them. They have lost the spirit of filesharing completely.
Greymatter it's not always such easy to give away your account.
A friend of mine gave me his account to a tracker and the account was instantly disabled when I tried to login from a different country.
Personally I try to use all my accounts and never had an account disabled for inactivity but I cannot blame others for not using my invites.

Patriot foreve
03-25-2007, 11:16 AM

u can always check the reviews or even ask about the tracker u are going for also let's say that u didn't like the tracker so why don't u pm the invite and asking him to give your acc to someone else who needs it instead of making the acc inactive and eventually disabled causing problems to the inviter himself who wanted to help in the first place

znik
03-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Patriot forever I repeat:
A friend of mine gave me his account to a tracker he didn't need and the account was instantly disabled when I tried to login from a different country and change the registered email.

And no, there are not reviews for every tracker traded here...

Patriot foreve
03-25-2007, 11:39 AM
@znik

i was talking in general ,let's just assume that i invited u somewhere and in the requirments of the invite i asked u to be active in the tracker and u didn't but u kept the acc till u r disabled for inactivity and i lost my invites there at this tracker

so what do u think that would make u ?

if u didn't like the tracker so why don't u pm me back saying that u didn't like it and u give me back the acc sothat i can give it to someone who will use it instead

There is no reviews for all the trackers but u can alwaysd ask the inviter what's the tracker for if u r not sure

znik
03-25-2007, 11:56 AM
@patriot
Have you seen a lot of giveaways where the requirements were:
1) be active
2) nothing else!

Because I keep on seeing:
1) post some extraordinary ratios (of the trackers you use) with upload over 150GB. :w00t:
2) trading points 100+ :P
3) do not trade the account :naughty: (some times only)

Almost nobody asks the invitee to "use the account", especially in giveaways.

Also, have you seen a list of questions of any invitee before he accepts the invitation?
I think it is rude to be offered something for free and you in return ask "this and that" before accepting it.
And even if you did such a thing, the inviter would probably say in the end "Stop bothering me! I ll send it to someone who asks less questions!"

And I repeat again. If I give you back the account and you offer that account to someone else, the account could be disabled due to the change in the registered mail.
That may not happen at the easy trackers, but they will also not take away your invites due to inviting an inactive member.
Strict trackers are strict in everything concerning account trading.

Even oink I think that takes away your invite privileges if you invite a cheater or a banned exmember.
Not if you invite an inactive person. Not even if you invite a person who got disabled due to bad ratio

Ratzy Rox
03-25-2007, 11:57 AM
ok
A lot of guys here is asking for invites, and never use them getting inviters into seriuos troubles sometimes........

Ive never come across a site which bans you as a result of inviting inactive members. What would be an example of this?

JA
03-25-2007, 12:06 PM
ok

Ive never come across a site which bans you as a result of inviting inactive members. What would be an example of this?
Serious trouble can mean stripping of invites, happened to me before at bitmetv, bitme etc.

Cerise
03-25-2007, 12:06 PM
@patriot
Have you seen a lot of giveaways where the requirements were:
1) be active
2) nothing else!

Because I keep on seeing:
1) post some extraordinary ratios (of the trackers you use) with upload over 150GB.
2) trading points 100+
3) do not trade the account (some times only)

Almost nobody asks the invitee to "use the account", especially in giveaways.

Also, have you seen a list of questions of any invitee before he accepts the invitation?
I think it is rude to be offered something for free and you in return ask "this and that" before accepting it.
And even if you did such a thing, the inviter would probably say in the end "Stop bothering me! I ll send it to someone who asks less questions!"

And I repeat again. If I give you back the account and you offer that account to someone else, the account could be disabled due to the change in the registered mail.
That may not happen to the easy trackers, but they will also not take away your invites due to inviting an inactive member.
Strict trackers are strict in everything concerning account trading.

Even oink I think that takes away your invite privileges if you invite a cheater or a banned exmember.
Not if you invite an inactive person. Not even if you invite a person who got disabled due to bad ratio

Why compare an inactive user to a cheater?
Compare an inactive user to a good user and you'll see what's the best to invite.

Almost all clever users here ask guyz to use the account they give away.
If you don't think so, then what's the purpose of the ratio proofs?

znik
03-25-2007, 12:11 PM
ok then CiNdEz.
It will make me glad if i see in the requirements from now on: "use the account" and only that.

Ratios means nothing in my opinion. I may use 1 account only and show the ratio of that account to get 1000accounts where I will be inactive.

Ratios is a proof that you know the art of seeding.
Not that you will use the new account the same way you use the account with the ratio proofs.

Cerise
03-25-2007, 12:31 PM
that's why OiNK ratio means a lot.
But I agree with you about that, it's not an evidence you'll certainly use the account, just a precaution.
Like words are..

khartman
03-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I wonder if Koller lost that FTN Kimii gave too.

walczanin
03-25-2007, 01:01 PM

1. even if u wont love it, dl sth so that it wont be disabled, is that much???
2. well, every single user should do reckon before asking for certain tracker
3. thats pure absurd dude, remember that im responsible for my invitees, and because attitude like yours my ass is often in trouble
4. usually im giving out invites to noobs, they arent my friends (lol), all im trying to do is to keep spirit of filesharing alive, dont mix it with friendship

another absurd
no comment, really
where do u come from dude?

bitme
bitmetv
btmmusic
oink-sometimes
ftn
pisexy
thors
hdbits.org

want more?

znik
03-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Even if all I am saying is absurd and nonsense I would expect a more polite feedback from a moderator.

Thank you very much walczanin for your kind words...

You can now continue your dialogue without my nonsense.

walczanin
03-25-2007, 01:25 PM
lol
was i promoted? or i missed sth
heheh

btw. well u defend attitude " take and dont care", so dont be suprised of my reaction, cuz i dont undestand that kind of attitude at all

znik
03-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't defend the attitude " take and dont care".
I rather defend the attitude "give and don't care"...
If you need a contract to give something don't give it away at all.

walczanin
03-25-2007, 01:46 PM
ok
check back some of recent giveayas (lvl 3 and above)
and tell me why is it so obvious for everybody that some requirements are needed when handing out freebies huh? and dont compare it to contract...........
is it that much to ask to dl 20 mb?????????(is it "rude" like u said b4???)

good luck in participating in lvl 3 and above giveaway with "i give and dont care wheter u use it" requirement
well unless we're talking about TL/ST)))))

"give and dont care" attitude means that sooner or later i will loose inv. privilages = which means that because of users who get theier accs disabled i wont be able to invite anyone else! which means that kind of users do harm others, good members of bt community

theres 1 word for such a behaviour: IGNORANCE

Patriot foreve
03-25-2007, 01:52 PM
@znik

i think those who would like atracker should be aware of what's it's offering before they ask for it and if they don't then they can ask ,i don't think those who held giveaways have aproblem with that

also the requirments that u said with the 100+ points and the upload amount isn't being asked here by those who giveaway except in some cetain occasions when the invite is for avery high lvl tracker because the inviter would like to makesure that he invited aknown person who he knew and who would takecare of the account

and as i say before if the invitee didn't like the acc so why don't he offer it back to the inviter sothat the inviter could find someone who will use it instead of making it inactive and it's up to the inviter to decide if he would take the acc and give it to another member or not and whether he would like to take the risk of the acc being disabled or not

also it won't hurt if the invitee grab afile or two better than just leaving the acc to be inactive and disabled causing troubles to the inviter

acouple of months ago i gave afree bitmetv invite for someone who asked for it and i asked him not trade that invite and try to keep agood ratio and after 10 days i found out that the acc i gave to him is being offered to me in atrade and acouple of days after i lost my bitmetv invites and some days after my bitmetv acc was disabled and when i asked about that they told me that another invitee of mine had multiple accs although that other member whom i invited for free told me that he don't have abitmetv

another story that i gave around 40+ invites to acertain tracker and in the past weeks i found out that my invites were stripped so i asked the staff there and the told me that 25 out of 43 invites were inactive so they disabled my invites

so the point of these stories that the inviter will be harmed in one way or another if his invitee turned to inactive or acheater

The giveaway's is different from the ordinary trading because the invites offered in the giveawys is mostly aimed for the personal use of the member while in trading i would say that i take the risk that any of those i invited gets disabled for any reason because i know that the invite or that acc may have been traded more than once and that's my point

znik
03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
@walczanin
there are requirements because there has got to be some way to choose the winners.
That doesn't mean though that the criteria are always justifiable or fair.

Why would a requirement "number of 200+ posts in FST" make someone more trustworthy to win the freebie?
How do you know that a member with 200posts will make good use of your invite and a member with less posts will not?

And as I mentioned before ratios doesn't mean that the invitee will use the new account in the same way he uses his showoff account with the extraordinary ratios.

And yes it's nothing to download 20mb in any account.
On the other hand would it be fair to maintain 1000accounts with 20mbs downloded in each, just so as not to be disabled by the tracker?

If an invitee loses his account the main loss will be for him.
Not for the inviter.

General2k
03-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I have lots of people that I invited to HorrorChannel but I can't remember who they where here. I have also invited users to other sites and just like Jessicas invites most of them have been banned. I now take notes on who I invite, username on tracker and the username here.

Also I noticed this when I was browsing the forums today.

damn it to hell! My iplay will never be worth anything if they keep opening their doors!

walczanin
03-25-2007, 02:32 PM
If an invitee loses his account the main loss will be for him.
Not for the inviter.

naaah

it wont be loss for him, since he never used it
it will be loss for other members who i would like to invite in the future, and i cant now because of ignorance of some of invitees
u said that accs with 20mb dl should be disabled anyway, but isnt it better to return such unused acc to inviter, or just to anyone else who might need it?

znik
03-25-2007, 02:33 PM
@patriot
I agree with you that there is great risk for the inviter in strict and high rated trackers.

However, even if I swear to you that I will use your giveaway invite you can never be sure.
It's a risk that you either take or not.

Ratios in 1-2 trackers doesn't mean that I am a good user overall.
And in my opinion it is more likely for a traded invite to be used than a giveaway invite.
Someone who agrees to give something back for your invite means he appreciates its value, whether he is going to keep it for himself or trade it again.
Invites to easy trackers that could be easily obtained again are the more likely to become inactive and disabled.

In high rated trackers on the other hand it is more likely to come across a banned ex-member or a member with multiple accounts.

An inviter can never be 100% sure his offer will be appreciated even if he asks for 100requirements.
The only thing he can do is never to give an invite to that member again.

@walczanin
I agree with your last post. However, some people never think that their account will be disabled in a few days for inactivity.
They just keep it for future reference and one day: BANG! Account deleted!

nikmash232
03-25-2007, 02:38 PM
why do u guys write such long posts forcing me to read them!

walczanin
03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
@walczanin
I agree with your last post. However, some people never think that their account will be disabled in a few days for inactivity.
They just keep it for future reference and one day: BANG! Account deleted!

well its never few days mate..........
2 weeks (pisexy) up to 2 months thats what it takes to be disabled due to inactivity.............;)

znik
03-25-2007, 05:51 PM
I would suggest besides positive green trading reputation points to have also negative red reputation points either because someone cheated us, or because he kept our invite inactive.

I thing that the most important thing in someone's public profile would be his bad actions and not only the good ones.
The bad actions is what would prevent me from trading wih someone or not giving him an invite.

Someone with 2 good reputation points doesn't mean he hasn't got other 10 bad ones...

I remember a giveaway where someone asked me to give him a reput. point in advance in order to choose me in his giveaway. I accepted it only to realised that he made that thread to collect reputation points and not give an invite to anyone!...

Negative points with a good explanations and proofs I think would be a good idea.

idel1990
03-25-2007, 05:59 PM
You are scaring me, would my account get banned for inactive if I dont download 20mb and just upload?

Elitist
03-25-2007, 06:33 PM
You can have all the fruit tasting here.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-what-invites-worth-with-reviews-and-ratings-142446
Just read it, and you can see what fruit you desire...

The WIAW thread is good, but it doesn't let you know everything. For example, I thought that piSexy, SCC, and RevTT would be good alternatives to TL. However, after joining them I realized that I only like RevTT since I don't like either the interface on piSexy or the lack of files/slowness on SCC. So, until you get past the level 2.5-3 sites, I don't think description alone is enough. One needs to see things.

As for giving someone your account, that seems like a good idea and I've thought of it. However, if the person you give your account away to winds up cheating or causing problems, often people will look on other sites for accounts with the same name. Then I'd wind up having accounts I use possibly banned because the person I was generous enough to give my unused account to screwed up. So it's not worth the risk.

Shalafi
03-25-2007, 06:38 PM
I would suggest besides positive green trading reputation points to have also negative red reputation points either because someone cheated us, or because he kept our invite inactive.

I thing that the most important thing in someone's public profile would be his bad actions and not only the good ones.
The bad actions is what would prevent me from trading wih someone or not giving him an invite.

Someone with 2 good reputation points doesn't mean he hasn't got other 10 bad ones...

I remember a giveaway where someone asked me to give his a reput. point in advance in order to choose me in his giveaway. I accepted it but I realised that he made that thread only to collect reputation points and not give an invite to anyone...

Negative points with a good explanations and proofs I think would be a good idea.

+ 1923

Ratzy Rox
03-25-2007, 06:47 PM

bitme
bitmetv
btmmusic
oink-sometimes
ftn
pisexy
thors
hdbits.org

want more?

Ive invited many an inactive member to 5 of the above sites and noones had a problem with it. I took a quick look at the rules and faqs of three of the sites and found absolutely no mention of it. I could carry on looking over the other sites but its clear that your talking complete bollocks.

Simply put sites dont care how many inactive members you invite since they can always prune them. What they do care about is cheating members. You should check your facts before posting, you need to bear in mind that your purple stars will make people more likely to heed your advice even when its incorrect.

Shadowfire
03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Like Ratzy Rox said, sites don't penalize you if you invite inactive members. However, sites do penalize you for inviting members who cheat or leech infinitely without even an attempt at seeding back.

If this thread is turned into a thread for alerting others of cheaters or leeches, then it'll be more feasible. I find inactivity disablement a bit of an iffy area. Because someone is inactive in one site doesn't mean that he/she's inactive in others. It matters more on content than on being a good BT user. It's partially up to the invitee to make sure that he/she learns about and will want to use a tracker before asking for it. It's also up to the inviter to make sure that the invitee has a true interest in the tracker before inviting him/her.

why do u guys write such long posts forcing me to read them!

I find that long posts are a hell of a lot more substantial than short posts, in general.

Alco23
03-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I think the core idea of this thread is a good step. The idea of having a list of peeps that have been banned on your invite for one reason or another so that someone else doesn't invite them again and also lose their invites. However, the list may get rather long...

The main offenders that I would put on such a list are the ratio cheaters/leechers/abusers etc that actively get themselves banned and thus strip you of your invite rights. *Damn that user that took my piglets!*

/edit: More thoughts... Inactive users bug me but it doesn't hurt. It bugs me that I could have used that invite on someone more deserving and would actually want to use the tracker. And as mentioned above, how hard is it to download and upload one file?

Skiz
03-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I think the core idea of this thread is a good step. The idea of having a list of peeps that have been banned on your invite for one reason or another so that someone else doesn't invite them again and also lose their invites. However, the list may get rather long...

The main offenders that I would put on such a list are the ratio cheaters/leechers/abusers etc that actively get themselves banned and thus strip you of your invite rights. *Damn that user that took my piglets!*

If this happens to you and you can give conclusive proof of what happened (screenshots), we will ban the user.

znik
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Skizo even if you ban someone he will login the other day with a different ID.
And how can I prove that MrX in FST has taken my invite to bitmeTV, logged there as MrY, cheated and thus all my invites to my MrF account in bitmeTV were taken away ?

I think that a FST negative point system would be a good idea.
A cheater who has got 10negative points by 10FST members could never be an angel...
And his public profile is available to anyone at any time. You don't have to search specific threads with cheaters.

Even a cheater could make a giveaway and get 5positive points. That doesn't make him the ideal person to be given my precious invite though...

Skiz
03-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Skizo even if you ban someone he will login the other day with a different ID.
And how can I prove that MrX in FST has taken my invite to bitmeTV, logged there as MrY, cheated and thus all my invites to my MrF account in bitmeTV were taken away ?

RealitY knows a lot of that info. He'd be a better person to ask that info. But I will say that he generally knows when someone has re-registered.

I think that a FST negative point system would be a good idea.
A cheater who has got 10negative points by 10FST members could never be an angel.

That's not what the rep system is all about - We don't leave that up to the individual site members. I think "Rep" is a bad word for it anyways; it should be labeled, "Successful Trades" instead. If they've dome something negative, just report it.

Besides, if we follow your previous statement, if someone were to obtain some negative rep they could just re-register, right? :wacko:

Even a cheater could make a giveaway and get 5positive points. That doesn't make him the ideal person to be given my precious invite though...

Agreed, that's just one drawback to the Rep system, but we do tell everyone to research who you're trading with. Don't accept their rep as gospel.

znik
03-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes but you know very well that most giveaways have a rep points requirement and to be a member in FST for at least some months.

A cheater with a new account of zero months, zero rep points and zero posts would not have the courage to build a good profile in a day in order to be eligible for fiveaways or good trades.

With the current system anyone can get 10rep points with a giveaway, no negative opinions for his bad actions and no way for me to prove his bad behaviour so as to be thrown away of the forum...

Is it that difficult to have a little link with the number of negative opinions beside someones' avatar?