PDA

View Full Version : Buying

raydeen54
05-31-2003, 01:33 AM
I have a new hp with window xp I have a cd wr with a dvd combo my Qustion is I am thinking about geting
a dvd-writer I have found a new hp dvd writer for $202 do you think it would be wise to buy it or wate till the prices come down? or does anyone know were I can get one cheaper. and is it hard to install a dvd-wr
or will I have to take it to the shop??............. :D

harrycary
05-31-2003, 04:44 AM
That's not a bad price. The format is the question. Some formats are more popular than others(e.g. DVD-R, DVD-RW) If you have a DVD player, go to DVDRhelp.com (http://www.dvdrhelp.com) and see what format is compatible with your brand/model.

Prices will eventually drop so expect to be pissed within the next year or so when you see this happening.

Installation should be a piece of cake. Your PC most likely has the extra slot, power supply plug, and IDE cable to hook it all up.
Win XP will automatically recognize the new hardware and look for the necessary driver. Shouldn't be any problems.

Stop back and give us your review.

raydeen54
05-31-2003, 09:34 PM
Harrycarry thanks for the avice I check it out and it is the same format so if I do get it everthing should be ok

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :ph34r: raydeen54

harrycary
05-31-2003, 09:48 PM
Cool, good luck with it.