PDA

View Full Version : I know i've posted this twice but...

jimbo12345
03-31-2007, 08:55 PM
..i feel the sports section doesnt get enough viewage and is full of paedophiles who pressed the wrong button, the button is to close to the cartoon button that they may have meant to enter.

So....cricket. What the fuck is going on?

I pack my bags a few years ago and head to dirty China. When i left, cricket was mainly played in whites, the ball was red, and rules were relatively simple.

Now, i flick over to watch England v Ireland, there's wearing multicolor shell suits, the water boy is now the buggy they use to carry fake-diving Spanish bastards off the pitch in UEFA, the ball i no longer see, the umpires have more wires than Terminator, some power play thing has been introduced, (what is that...seriously), the adverts during every ball offer "find your perfect indian bride" websites and to top it off, Al Quaeda is assassinating national coaches over fears their gambling problems come out.

And to make it worse, Andy Flintoff, a man who made cricket seem that bit more manly, turns out to be unable to swim and drinks gin n' tonics.

That just ain't cricket. So, seriously, WTF?

j2k4
03-31-2007, 10:01 PM

Agreed. ;)

jimbo12345
04-01-2007, 05:13 AM

Agreed. ;)

On reflection, smoking before posting a thread as such, is probably unwise. Though, once the haze had lifted and i re-read my post, i'm kinda amusing when caned.

But seriously, i think my point was cricket has changed, and i miss the old days. With the lack of replies, i worry that cricket, or in fact, me, is not popular.

Shame i can't add a poll to find out.

jimbo12345
04-01-2007, 05:16 AM
and if your gonna assassinate anyone, its gotta be Shane Warne. The fat bastard. Keep your googlies/benders/wife-beatings to yourself.

Gripper
04-01-2007, 07:30 AM
It's only these short thingies where they wear colours,blame Packer.

Cheese
04-01-2007, 07:33 AM
.the water boy is now the buggy they use to carry fake-diving Spanish bastards off the pitch in UEFA

:lol: