PDA

View Full Version : Windows Update

vegeta
06-01-2003, 10:11 AM
i didnot knew where to post it so i posted it here.

i by mistake selected in xp download updated and inform me when to install.now where r those downloaded files stored?????

Bender
06-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by vegeta@1 June 2003 - 12:11
i didnot knew where to post it so i posted it here.

Softwareworld? :D

hotindew
06-01-2003, 11:51 AM
r you sure xp hasnt already informed you, and began its installation. if so the files are probaly installed, just chage the setting if you dnt like them , go to control pannel

Curley
06-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Updates start automatically for me. The only way I know is by a blue symbol in my tray. Then i'll get a message saying updates are ready to install etc. Some might be stored in the add/remove section of your control panel.

shn
06-02-2003, 12:52 AM
Fisrt of all anyone running automatic updating in windows xp should disable it. It will do you no good and it burns memory and processor speed as it constantly checks back with microsoft for updates it will tell you that you need but actually dont. All you have to do is go to http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

and check to see if you need any critical updates. Sometimes you dont even need the critical updates. You should read the advisories in fine print to see if it "really" should apply to you, or else you may be doing more harm than good. Microsoft had an incident just recently when they posted an update on their site that applied to vpn users which really didnt apply to half of the several million users that installed it, and it conflicted with several commercially used antivirus and firewall software and prevented them from connecting to the internet for some time.

balamm
06-02-2003, 03:23 AM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

vegeta
06-02-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by hotindew@1 June 2003 - 12:51
r you sure xp hasnt already informed you, and began its installation. if so the files are probaly installed, just chage the setting if you dnt like them , go to control pannel
it has but by mistake i selected "download updates and ask me when to install it"

vegeta
06-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Curley@1 June 2003 - 14:14
Updates start automatically for me. The only way I know is by a blue symbol in my tray. Then i'll get a message saying updates are ready to install etc. Some might be stored in the add/remove section of your control panel.
thats the same prob with me but i dont know where r the updates stored???

balamm
06-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain