PDA

View Full Version : Sharing of good news.

CrabGirl
04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I heard yesterday that my beloved grandfather, who was diagnosed with bowel cancer last year, is now in remission.

Muchly goodly news. :yup:

Gripper
04-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Excellent,long may it last.
Blessed be.

JPaul
04-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Fucking Beauty.

Great news for you and yours. Thanks for sharing your happiness with us.

CrabGurl's Granda > Bowel Cancer. Fact.

brotherdoobie
04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm so glad to hear that your Grandfather is doing better. You and your grandfathers good news has given me hope.

My father has bone cancer and is having a rough time right now.
I hope that everything continues going well for you and your
Pap's.

It's nice to hear some good news these days...indeed!

Positivity > cancer. Fact!

Peace bd

CrabGirl
04-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear that BD. Cancer of any kind is a cruel harsh insidious disease. I wish you and your family all the best.

brotherdoobie
04-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear that BD. Cancer of any kind is a cruel harsh insidious disease. I wish you and your family all the best.

Thank you,dear.

Peace,Paul :)

j2k4
04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Good one, excellent news, CrabGirl. :)

I'll say a few prayers, if that's okay, BD. ;)

DanB
04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Cool bananas :01:

thewizeard
04-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm so glad to hear that your Grandfather is doing better. You and your grandfathers good news has given me hope.

My father has bone cancer and is having a rough time right now.
I hope that everything continues going well for you and your
Pap's.

It's nice to hear some good news these days...indeed!

Positivity > cancer. Fact!

Peace bd

My son Thomas, has just completed two years of cancer therapy. It would seem so far that the operation combined with chemo and radio therapy, have managed to eradicate the disease.. Good news thus CrabGirl and brotherdoobie. He will have to return to the hospital every three months for controls, for the rest of his life..but what the heck..you should see the nurses there :w00t:

http://www.mensap2p.com/Imagine_If/radiation%20therapy%20017.jpg

Anyone with family members stricken with this terrible sickness, keep you hopes high and don't give up..inside I mean.. Medical science is rapidly moving forward, in leaps and bounds. If you do feel you need someone to talk to about it...I will be here and I can tell you, there are more "angels" here at FST too. .

manutd10
04-05-2007, 11:17 PM
good news . i happy for you .

TYPE R
04-06-2007, 12:58 AM
that's gr8 news m8

CrabGirl
04-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks to all of you.

My grandad, who doesn't know what the internet is, but is an amazing fantastic man, was made up when I phoned him earlier and told him that people from all over the world wished him well.

We may squabble and bitch on here, but people always help when it counts. Everybody knows what it's like to see a loved one suffer (and if you don't then you are either very young, or very lucky), and it's nice to see such solidarity and humanity coming through. Good heath and good luck to all of you.

brotherdoobie
04-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks to all of you.

My grandad, who doesn't know what the internet is, but is an amazing fantastic man, was made up when I phoned him earlier and told him that people from all over the world wished him well.

We may squabble and bitch on here, but people always help when it counts. Everybody knows what it's like to see a loved one suffer (and if you don't then you are either very young, or very lucky), and it's nice to see such solidarity and humanity coming through. Good heath and good luck to all of you.

We all come here for the corny jokes,stale routines and to experience someone on your level-or way below it. (and then their are friends-true friends. :) )

When you experience the internet in an real and meaningful way,such
as helping CrabGirl and her Pap's through a rough time It makes you
realize what a eloquent experience the internet can be.

PS: Manker,dear I need to be spanked for my abuse of the ellispses
and other shite gramatical errors. :yup:

Imagine_If
04-06-2007, 05:57 AM
..yes agreed and pull you pants..and socks up.

brotherdoobie
04-06-2007, 06:00 AM
..yes agreed and pull you pants..and socks up.

I'm not wearing any.

Peace bd

JPaul
04-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks to all of you.

Good post.

I have arbitrarily decided that I will think of your Granda as Keith.

Tell Keith I will remember him in my prayers. If he's a hun that's a bonus.

peat moss
04-06-2007, 09:52 AM
That is good news hon , better than winning the lottery . :01:

CrabGirl
04-06-2007, 10:18 AM
:glag: Keith!

He's a Greek called George who looked a bit like Einstein, but Greeker, before he became sick.

Think the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" crossed with Casanova, crossed with someone who is addicted to crosswords.

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Think the father in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" crossed with Casanova, crossed with someone who is addicted to crosswords.

Keith = j2k4 :O

Having said that, you did say he was no fait with the internets. That does fit the bill.

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Actually the physical description sounds more like The Clockster, but the joke wouldn't have worked as well.

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
None of that really works if you haven't seen their phoatie.

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Hoi, Clocker, post a phoatie of yourself looking like a thin Greek Einstein.

thewizeard
What happened to the auto-merge thingy?

JPaul
I really need to stop doing that.

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:10 PM
What happened to the auto-merge thingy?

It's not on in The Lounge.

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:10 PM