PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants To Be A Mod?

thewizeard
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I bet the first weeks are the most difficult...

But what actually changes once a member becomes a Mod? Is it the new Mod that has changed or..our perception and expectations, that have changed. It must be lonely for them, especially if you see what for colleagues they get ;)

So, bare a kind thought for these hapless creatures... realise what a mess they have wormed themselves into..as one day, it might be your lot too :)

Perhaps it's possible to make a short list of "does and don't " to help guide these lost souls along their chosen path to self-destruction...

It would be good to have a little structure and begin first with maybe a few "Don't" suggestions...as the "Doe" suggestions will not IMO take up all that much space. :)

Perhaps some of the new mods will post some of their fears, hopes etc on becoming a Mod, in this thread too. Then we can then see how we can be of assistance.

To be honest, I think that newly promoted Mods should not attempt to enter the Lounge until at least 52 weeks have past. Reason being, all the members who thought they should have been a mod first, will all get jealous and upset..and of course they are actually right!

One last thought.. Do you think that the Lounge Mod should be appointed by an organised election or acclamation ...as a sort of Union representative? :lol:

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:03 PM
But what actually changes once a member becomes a Mod?

You can't put people on ignore, or be put on ignore.

enoughfakefiles
04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
And don't forget the blew stars :smilie4:

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
You have to be universally unpopular.

Hairbautt
04-06-2007, 12:15 PM
One last thought.. Do you think that the Lounge Mod should be appointed by an organised election or acclamation ...as a sort of Union representative?
Vote JP, that thread redirect out of the Lounge was a bit much.

Cheese
04-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Also you get access to the Team Chat, the rest of us have to wait until Haxor hacks it again before we can get in there.

JPaul
04-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I get it PMed to me weakly. I just assumed you got a copy as well.

Do you want me to forward it, or maybe just a précis.

thewizeard
04-07-2007, 09:16 AM
I know who I would vote for as King Lizard... in fact there are five possible candidates, IMO :)

Mr JP Fugley
04-07-2007, 09:30 AM
So, when you say "I know who I would vote for..." that is in fact pish.

Adster
04-07-2007, 12:35 PM
umm They almost had me mod once

but right now id say no Power as a member being a mod to much of a pain because im too layed back and nice and wouldnt do anything

Imagine_If
04-07-2007, 12:46 PM
So, when you say "I know who I would vote for..." that is in fact pish.

Absolutely :)

suprafreak6
04-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Like Me!

callum
04-08-2007, 02:32 AM

but right now id say no Power as a member being a mod to much of a pain because im too layed back and nice and wouldnt do anything

Was that when the board was taken over by mentalists or when rip the jacker was on heroin and went on a mad person's spree of madness, madly.

thewizeard
04-08-2007, 03:27 AM

Was that when the board was taken over by mentalists or when rip the jacker was on heroin and went on a mad person's spree of madness, madly.'

I think it was just before that incident .. :)

Adster
04-08-2007, 09:56 AM

Was that when the board was taken over by mentalists or when rip the jacker was on heroin and went on a mad person's spree of madness, madly.

no it was long before that

they were after a mod with a different time zone so they thought of me and asked me (a mod I will name nameless) which ment I would have to post serious and couldnt spam lol in the end I wasnt the mod and 1 week later good old balamm was given the job jeez didnt he do a great job on the forum hey?

thewizeard
04-09-2007, 06:36 AM
they were after a mod with a different time zone

..surely you can remember those threads,

"What part of the world do you come from?"..or something similar.. callum. :)

Joker
05-02-2007, 02:35 PM
You couldn't pay me enough, I already have to look after one site and I spend way to much time in the forums and in IRC, it is just me or do others think p2p stuff is slightly addictive?

brotherdoobie
05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
You have to be universally unpopular.

/agreed...Barbie is a tard.

bd

Mr JP Fugley
05-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm trying to work out if this is an old thread from 2004.

Or April

thewizeard
05-02-2007, 09:22 PM
I heard that the first 20 posters in this thread are on the "short list"to become a mod. Normally, the names are put into a box, then out of those names..the mods are chosen;( the picker, is blindfolded. ). So you see, as we already have noticed, you don't need any particular properties to become a mod here.. :)

brotherdoobie
05-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I heard that the first 20 posters in this thread are on the "short list"to become a mod. Normally, the names are put into a box, then out of those names..the mods are chosen;( the picker, is blindfolded. ). So you see, as we already have noticed, you don't need any particular properties to become a mod here.. :)

Just a lamb for Rossco

-bd

Mr JP Fugley
05-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't think I'll ever achieve the elevated status here, even after all the work I've put into getting it.

That makes me a bit sad.

brotherdoobie
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Your advice on hardware,merits it. I've pissed on quite a few of my peripheral's...

-bd

Mr JP Fugley
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Fair point.

What was it.

Snee
05-02-2007, 10:03 PM
He's just saying that you are advice on lonely hardware. Don't complicate things for me further. I'm already lost.

Mr JP Fugley
05-02-2007, 10:04 PM
He's just saying that you are advice on lonely hardware. Don't complicate things for me further. I'm already lost.

Back of eleven.

thewizeard
05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
It would be a mistake in my opinion not to make Mr.JP Fugley a mod. The only problem with that is that we might lose you in some way. Still we would enjoy toying with you :)

brotherdoobie
05-02-2007, 11:00 PM

/fixed

S!X
05-02-2007, 11:57 PM
This guy for mod:

it is the best spideman movie I ever seen in my life actually it make me cry , it make me laugh , it make me impressed , there are many many action , and there are love story ,,, it is a great mixer between all feelings , i can't express or description the movie but i am sure that you will love it as i did , , , please post your opinion in movie ... i am interested to know it ... thx all .

Snee
05-03-2007, 12:27 AM
/Agreed

Spider Man 3 - It's a great mixer

tesco
05-03-2007, 12:30 AM
fo sho.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/AIM/A3602_CAT~Vintage-Mixer-Posters.jpg

Snee
05-03-2007, 12:37 AM
I gots to tell you, the whole bt-invite section fails in general.

But its one redeeming factor is that you get these brilliant "When babelfish attacks"-kind of moments.

And that is absolutely awesome.

thewizeard
05-03-2007, 01:22 AM
I gots to tell you, the whole bt-invite section fails in general.

But its one redeeming factor is that you get these brilliant "When babelfish attacks"-kind of moments.

And that is absolutely awesome.

That might be true, however, I still think we should keep a watchful eye on what's going on there, with all those leechers hanging around trading torrent accounts. :)

zapjb
05-03-2007, 02:00 AM
umm They almost had me mod once...
During the TRX bloody attempted takeover. Right?

Barbarossa
05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
"when babelfish attacks"

:glag: :earl:

thewizeard
05-03-2007, 12:05 PM
"when babelfish attacks"

:glag: :earl:

Yes Snee's command of the English language is brilliant, for a Finnish Viking

Imagine_If
05-03-2007, 01:03 PM
It would be kewl and maybe a good idea to have one 1 moderator ( for the Lounge) chosen by the members...The poll could be held in lounge..

Skiz
05-03-2007, 01:07 PM
It would be kewl and maybe a good idea to have one 1 moderator ( for the Lounge) chosen by the members...The poll could be held in lounge..

But nothing is moderated in the Lounge. :dabs:

cunt shit fuck piss etc etc etc

Barbarossa
05-03-2007, 01:19 PM

/banned.

excessive swearing.

Skiz
05-03-2007, 01:20 PM
You are nothing without the banstick. :snooty:

thewizeard
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM

/banned.

excessive swearing.

He was just following Imagine_If's example in a symbolic way and was just using a different form of colourful language.

thewizeard
05-03-2007, 07:25 PM
He wouldn't really be a mod...but a Representative from teh BitTorrent Lounge ...teh members

Mr JP Fugley
05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, a guy with no powers whatsoever.

Can I do that, really, I would be dead good at that.

thewizeard
05-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, a guy with no powers whatsoever.

Can I do that, really, I would be dead good at that.

You would not have powers no, you would have influence because you would be the accepted..representative of the members. So the point is, this would only work if the Team like the idea and agree. Also during the period you would be chosen for, you could not become a mod. I am sure that after,.. the admin would have a good idea what stuff you are made from, and make him/her a
mod immediately at the ending of his/hers sitting; sooner, if you decide to stop, for whatever reason.

Mr JP Fugley
05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
No I don't want to be a mod. I want to have no powers whatsoever, but I want it to be official.

I would be fan-tastic at that.

thewizeard
05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
No I don't want to be a mod. I want to have no powers whatsoever, but I want it to be official.

I also think you would..strangely. ** edit.You would be respected too. (you are)

Mr JP Fugley
05-03-2007, 09:32 PM

I also think you would..strangely. ** edit.You would be respected too. (you are)

Nothing strange about it, mate.

I'm great at not being able to do anything. Fact.

That's why I'm an ideal choice for AntiMod.

Imagine_If
05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Yes..and of course and as there many other members of confusion lurking here, a poll would be handy as a selecting procedure.

sArA
05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Being a Mod means that most people assume that you also turn into a Nob... this may or may not be true....

I, of course do not possess a Nob, but have the use of one whenever I want...which is nice.

brotherdoobie
05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Being a Mod means that most people assume that you also turn into a Nob... this may or may not be true....

I, of course do not possess a Nob, but have the use of one whenever I want...which is nice.

However,I need it back.

-bd

sArA
05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Sorry BD, I might need it later....helps me to sleep ;)

snowultra
05-06-2007, 01:01 PM
i think i better get a good sig, before i become a mod

thewizeard
05-06-2007, 02:34 PM
i think i better get a good sig, before i become a mod..
...of the right size , that will make you a good example.

kittybewm
05-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't wanna be a mod but I wanna have sex with your mom :naughty:

tesco
05-06-2007, 04:00 PM
i think i better get a good sig, before i become a mod..
Any member with a sig within the sig rules is already under consideration to be a mod.:):P

thewizeard
05-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Any member with a sig within the sig rules is already under consideration to be a mod.:):P
heh,

Well, Solo fecked my chances today, which will cost him, that I promise. I even removed my spam altogether from my sig, now this. Life has been frowning on thewizeard recently... first Oi...erm Opes now this. Still the bright side is I can put my flaming, anti-mod sig, back :)

Imagine_If
05-07-2007, 09:04 AM
heh,

Well, Solo fecked my chances today, which will cost him, that I promise. I even removed my spam altogether from my sig, now this. Life has been frowning on thewizeard recently... first Oi...erm Opes now this. Still the bright side is I can put my flaming, anti-mod sig, back :)

That's what you think :)

thewizeard
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Perhaps we could get a poll added :)

Solo
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Then we need some names..

a suggestion

Mr. J.P Fugley

Mr Mulder

Skweeky

Proper Bo