PDA

View Full Version : seedbox info needed please

dano24
04-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi. im very interested in setting up a seedbox for my tracker. my tracker is very new and we dont have a great deal of members yet and its starting to get very anoying seeding for days on end cos know one is downloading all torrents so know i noticed about this seedbox and it sounds fantastic..

i have my own dedicated server for my tracker already.

i understand i will need another dedicated server for the seedbox.

cod someone exsplain to me how to install a seedbox on my dedicated server please cos il love to set this up and make my torrents better:P

all i need is instruction on how to install and set this seedbox up..
any help id be very greatfull.

ps. if i have posted this in the wrong section i am very sorry:blink:

doda32
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
which seedbox you got? which company? is it windows or linux?
Just give a bit more information

RTFM
04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Seedbox installation is pretty simple. If you're running Windows, all you need to do is install uTorrent/Azureus/your favorite client and you're good to go. If you use Linux, you can either install TorrentFlux, uTorrent through Wine, or rTorrent.

Armagedon
04-06-2007, 03:32 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-installing-utorrent-leeware-walkthrough-169620

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 03:33 PM
You basically would just have to install a FTP server as well as a torrent client on your dedicated server. A "seedbox" isnt a special peice of software which I can assume you think it is. Its more of just a server dedicated to just seeding files.

dano24
04-06-2007, 03:37 PM
ok sounds good.... ok what i dont understand is how do you get the uploaded torrents onto the client thats installed on the server???

thanks for the quick reply

RTFM
04-06-2007, 03:42 PM
There are several ways to get the .torrent files to the server. You can use uTorrent's WebUI, FTP, SSH, Remote Desktop Connection (Windows) or VNC.

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
All depends which Operating system you have installed on the server.

dano24
04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
ok il install utorrent onto the server..
so when a uploader on my site uploads a torrent will it automaticall go ont the utorrent client thats on my other server??

RTFM
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
No, when an uploader adds a torrent, they are responsible for seeding the torrent. You need to add the .torrent to your client on the seedbox and have it download before you can seed. This can be done automatically with RSS feeds, I believe.

dano24
04-06-2007, 03:59 PM
ok that sonds good.. i have rss feeds already on my site.im very sorry for all the questions its jus im a complete nebie to this seedbox thing.. will this seedbox make the torrents a faster download for others?

muntathr
04-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Basically :

Tracker ... Your site with the tracker installed on it and it contains all the torrents which members can download/upload.

SeedBox ... Your REMOTE SERVER ,your place to hold all the files you like to upload to your TRACKER.

So the play is simply ; )

1-you upload the files you like to your REMOTE SERVER(seedbox).

2- you put all these files in your utorront client ON THE REMOTE SERVER (seedbox) .

3- From your Tracker , reference/point your torrents to the files on your Remote Server (seedbox) .

4- So you are being now Seeding your files for your TRACKER .

Maybe this helps abit?

success

dano24
04-06-2007, 04:19 PM
yep thank you so much now i understand... so basicaly instead of you seeding your torrents fromyour computer they are on the server seeding?

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
You still havent answered which OS your server is using...
Answering that question would make it a hell of alot easier to give you an answer.

dano24
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
ok sorry for late reply..we are running unixi and on that i have a dedicated server...........sorta understand the seedbox now but just need to know how to install client on my server ect

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 08:20 PM
all depends on the client you are planning on using. Most of the clients for unix will have documentation on the clients website or within the package of files.

dano24
04-07-2007, 10:29 AM
i wanna use utorrent..my m8 provides me with the dedicated server so all i need is the instruction on how to install utorrent on the server and he can set this up for me....

Do you need windows OS isntalled on this dedicated server? Or you can
setup this seedbox on FreeBSD too?

TorrenTy
04-08-2007, 09:08 AM
if the server is linux , than it is recommended to use Utorrent webUI ,others application , like VNC won't help that much especially if you are running on win32 platform (windows xp...) .