PDA

View Full Version : Pisexy Tracking

RTFM
04-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Has anyone had problems with Pisexy's stat tracking? The other day, I uploaded 29 GB, yet only 14 was recorded. So far today, I've uploaded about 33 GB, and my total upload is somehow only 35 GB. The active torrents page is showing the correct amount of upload, so the client is announcing correctly, but Pisexy is adding it up correctly.

That's a total of over 60 GB up with only 35 recorded.

PMing staff hasn't helped yet, we'll see.

jackieshane
04-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Absolutely fine for me

RTFM
04-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Staff member told me it was probably ghost leeching...

I thought most trackers worked based on the announce of the uploader? Why should the downloader's connection to the tracker affect this?

WHRST
04-06-2007, 06:59 PM
u have dht enabled?

RTFM
04-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Nope, DHT and PEX have always been off.

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Even if people were ghostleeching it would still track your stats correctly. It wouldnt track the ghost leechers stats correctly.
If a member of staff told you it was due to ghostleeching (via other people) then they dont have a freaken clue what they are talking about.

If you yourself were ghost leeching this would explain stats not adding up correctly because you wouldnt be connecting to the tracker itself. But you seeding to people (other than yourself) who are ghostleeching would still register to the tracker whenever you scrape.

RTFM
04-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Even if people were ghostleeching it would still track your stats correctly. It wouldnt track the ghost leechers stats correctly.
If a member of staff told you it was due to ghostleeching (via other people) then they dont have a freaken clue what they are talking about.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the staff member's reply. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my upload is tracked by the announce's I send, and Pisexy was getting the announces, so something is messed up with their scripts.

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Some clients dont report stats correctly. But not by those high amount of figures. Ive seen some not report correctly by a few bytes or possible a MB or 2. But not freaken 30 gigs lmao thats just rediculious.

As long as you yourself were not ghosting then yes everytime your client announced to the tracker it should have been reported correctly.

Do you have a special class like VIP on their site or something? Thats the only thing I could see other than bugs in their scripts... like maybe a certain class only registers half stats or something.

RTFM
04-06-2007, 07:32 PM
like maybe a certain class only registers half stats or something.

I thought about that, but didn't see anything on their site and the staff member didn't say anything. I'm just a regular member, only been there for 4 days.

I know I wasn't ghosting because the "My Active Torrents" page showed to correct stats.

I don't care that much, my ratio is fine, it's just ridiculous :lol:

Melvinmeow
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Try sending the staff member snapshots of what your client is showing you sent. Vs what they say you sent.
Was their site down at all for a reboot or any sort of down time during the time of which you were seeding those files?

General2k
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
They are also working on PIv2, that may have something to do with it. But you think that more members would be having problems with it.
Also for easter they are having a "PiSEXY BONUS ROUND!", could that have something to do with it?
I am no expert at this kind of stuff, but Melvinmeow seems to know a lot about this stuff.

Friendly Fire
04-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I think something similar was happening to me. I got "robbed" of 2 gb. I dont really care anyway (i have a good ratio) but it's kind of strange.

The individual torrents stats are ok but the overall upload and ratio is a bit messed up. It recorded less than the actual uploaded amount.

In the meantime i got this pm (and i think everybody got the same):

"PiSEXY BONUS ROUND!

All your seeding work counts double .. seed 1gb and you see 2GB added to your total stats.
All your download work counts for half ... download 4gb and see just 2GB added to your download stats.
This bonus round will lasts aslong it stays fun!"

So maybe something went wrong along this process, i dont know.

RTFM
04-06-2007, 10:31 PM
They are also working on PIv2, that may have something to do with it. But you think that more members would be having problems with it.
Also for easter they are having a "PiSEXY BONUS ROUND!", could that have something to do with it?
I am no expert at this kind of stuff, but Melvinmeow seems to know a lot about this stuff.

I've had this problem before the bonus round, so that rules that out. The work on PIv2 is possible, but as you said, you'd think more people would have this problem.

Thanks for the responses Melvin, General2k and FriendlyFire.

phrenzy
04-06-2007, 11:17 PM
I've had no issues w/ pi-sexy at all....

RTFM
04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Just checked up on a torrent I've been seeding this morning, looks like everything is tracking correctly, including the double upload. :) Thanks again for the helpful responses.

Melvinmeow
04-07-2007, 06:16 PM
They probably were working on the announce code for their special event and didnt have it code correctly at the time would now be my guess.

As for nobody else noticing maybe people didnt notice cause they dont watch their ratio as closely as you do.

In all honesty if they knew they werent reporting correctly when you asked.. They should have at least looked into it to find out if it was a code issue or not.

In reguards to generals post about me having more of an idea about how it works... thats strictly due to the fact that I do all the code editing on my site so Ive been there and done that so to speak hehe

Glad to hear everything is working fine now. Happy downloading.

TorrenTy
04-08-2007, 09:01 AM
registry problems , thought so