I Made A Thread About Pre Times , And Because I Posted FTN LINK
I Got Disabled http://finbytes.org/images//smilies/punk.gif

who u think ur :angry::angry::angry::angry:
every one knows the link :angry::pinch::pinch::pinch:

Maybe Not All FTN Want That
But Just One From Them :@:@

Skiz
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Your post should have just told them to take your disabled account and stuff it.

Maybe you could have even told them to take the whole "net" and shove it.

Or maybe even tell them to just "Eat it".

Or even better yet, just feed it to them.

Yes, that's it - You could just feed the net to them. :smilie4:

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 02:11 PM
but disabling accounts for just posting links

Skiz
04-10-2007, 02:12 PM

I agree it a bit excessive, but why did you post it? You know it's not allowed.

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 02:13 PM

i didn't know from first
and when i knew i edited the link,

medo
04-10-2007, 02:19 PM
sorry for your loss but u had to be careful with FTN mate

JA
04-10-2007, 02:20 PM
:( Bad luck man

r77
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
thats why i voted for ftn worst staff :yup:

V
04-10-2007, 02:24 PM
it's ur fault bro
it's not allowed here to write down the link!

Skiz
04-10-2007, 02:25 PM
i didn't know from first
and when i knew i edited the link,

C'mon bro, you've been at FST long enough to know that you can't post links. :ermm:

Plus, the filter should have been a dead giveaway as well.

kimii
04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
:lol: Go buy a invite to SCT since we suck. If you didn't know we didn't allow it.. why did you seperate the link with spaces. ;) Like I told you in iRC... quit pulling BS out of your ass. You're just pissed because I found out your site nick.

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 02:30 PM
actually it had some good staff and some bad <<>>
i can show u :D

The Good ::
Zlo , Brandon ,TheUndead , and another one that hepled me ,, i give u all << i give u my respect

The Bad ::
Kimii (in last time she's bad, banning for a little reason ):D , silenced and another one << >>

kimii
04-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Like I give a shit about your opinion of me. I'm enforcing the rules, and because of that... you think bad of me... I don't give a flying fuck.

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Like I give a shit about your opinion of me. I'm enforcing the rules, and because of that... you think bad of me... I don't give a flying fuck.
nope
u r just like that , ur searching for a users to bann ,

monk3y
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
let's all PM kimii for invites :)

taba
04-10-2007, 02:51 PM
so easy to block her pm

just as she did in TPG i think

kiosk
04-10-2007, 02:58 PM

I gotta agree with you, break the rules and sooner or later you'll be caught.

r77
04-10-2007, 03:10 PM
yes,nowadays is very riskily to have ftn account. its awfully to live for fear that in the morning your account will be disabled. we may catch psychosis:cry:

desiKing
04-10-2007, 03:31 PM
you post a FTN link and face banned...what about people selling FTN
invite on other forum.
this guy djordii (http://www.techenclave.com/forums/members/djordii.html)(www.te**enc**ve.com)selling and getting away with it...?
SCT 100$
FTN 50$
danishbits 15$
fsc 50$

ACiD
04-10-2007, 03:34 PM
yes,nowadays is very riskily to have ftn account. its awfully to live for fear that in the morning your account will be disabled. we may catch psychosis:cry:
ftn=fbi ?

They have pretty simple rules, they don't want links to their site listed, if you break their rules you can expect to be banned. If you have an account on FTN or any other site and break their rules you will get banned. Have respect for the sites you use and the staff that make those sites possible.

People who sell invites will also get banned, its just a matter of time.

jaqozo
04-10-2007, 04:00 PM
1st of all
If you didn't know we didn't allow it.. why did you seperate the link with spaces. , so i guess kimii is right . actually the rules say "mention us - be banned"
2nd of all, it isn`t a good idea to insult kimii by mass pming or stupid stuff like that. she represens FTN here by her good will, and at least one can know the reason for being banned (unlike the ScT staff and policy), and maybe can find a way to come back (see example with JA) . i think it is yours interest for her to stay at FST and to answer important questions, even if you don`t like the answer .

kimii
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
There's more to it than what he claims. Whole story. My first reaction to you posting the url was a warning. I gave you a 2 week warning.... while doing this.. I found out you hacked into another user's account. You later claim you didn't and that you got it from the person who hacked it. Now if people didn't engage in account trading, this dillema wouldn't come up. How the hell am I supposed to believe every Tom and Jerry's story.

@ desiKing... Finding the user's site nick isn't always easy ;) Why do you think some get away with trading.

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
mate , they searching for mistakes to make u banned

monk3y
04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
of course sites like that searching for ur mistakes
but then they ( sct ) go and put price on the invites... lame
close the site if u have no money

jaqozo
04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
fusionz, I haven`t seen a problem with they donation level , it always quickly gets the green color (except one time when someone cancelled the 200$ donation, and they asked for money) . moreover, if you open their userbase, you`ll see plenty of donators . so my guess , the thing about "lack of donation" is not the truth. probably they want to purchase an uber server, or they want to make some money like TL do . but i may be wrong .

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 04:27 PM
i'm not saying for kimii & silence they're bad , but they did wrong things

Barbarossa
04-10-2007, 04:28 PM
i'm not saying for kimii & silence they're bad , but they did wrong things

Yes, yes you did. :dabs:

Zlo , Brandon ,TheUndead , and another one that hepled me ,, i give u all << i give u my respect

Kimii (in last time she's bad, banning for a little reason ):D , silenced and another one << >>

Skiz
04-10-2007, 04:30 PM

And on top of that, you violated the rules of their site and this one. What did you expect? :huh:

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 04:30 PM
There's more to it than what he claims. Whole story. My first reaction to you posting the url was a warning. I gave you a 2 week warning.... while doing this.. I found out you hacked into another user's account. You later claim you didn't and that you got it from the person who hacked it. Now if people didn't engage in account trading, this dillema wouldn't come up. How the hell am I supposed to believe every Tom and Jerry's story.

@ desiKing... Finding the user's site nick isn't always easy ;) Why do you think some get away with trading.
i got the first account with a small trade maybe,and from friend << and he was taken the account from a hacker <:01:
calling me hacker ,and i don't know how to protect my computer :pinch:

jaqozo
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
lol, TheUndead is between The Good , ROFL :D
do you know how many users were banned because he informed them ? toooo many :D

RainRoofer
04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm not on anybody's side, but you should respect privacy rules of trackers that they want it.There's no point of posting URL cuz they allow to be reffered as FTN, correct me if I'm wrong.

SnakesMan901
04-10-2007, 04:38 PM
he was the best with me
kimii is good , but today she wasn't :huh:

SHUVT
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM

ROTFLMAO What a tard :lol:

Take your ban like a man... bit your quitchin.

ACiD
04-10-2007, 06:07 PM
he was the best with me
kimii is good , but today she wasn't :huh:

Yes she was. She did exactly as she should of, exactly what I would of done if I had that policy on my site.

You screwed up. Face facts. If you entered my site using someone else's nick, I don't care who it is or where you got it from, you would be banned.. Without question. YOU violated their rules by posting links, they don't have to let you back on their site. What you don't seem to understand is that they don't owe you ANYTHING, having access on their site or any site for that matter is a privledge not a right. You disrespected them by not following the rules and your disrespecting kimii in this thread, why should they or anyone respect you? We make the sites, we maintain the sites, we make the rules... It's a pretty simple concept. :angry:

sert
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM

ROTFLMAO What a tard :lol:

Take your ban like a man... bit your quitchin.

Yeah I agree, show some dignity snakesman, its just a tracker - you knew the rules anyway

TorrenTy
04-10-2007, 06:25 PM
how did the FTN staff knows your ID on FTN tracker from your nick on FST?

it is something we must stay with ...

SHUVT
04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Staff members on trackers can eventually find you one way or another if they really want to. Just because you don't have the same user id doesn't mean that there are not other ways of figuring it out.

sert
04-10-2007, 06:30 PM
how did the FTN staff knows your ID on FTN tracker from your nick on FST?

it is something we must stay with ...

There are countless posts about this

ACiD
04-10-2007, 06:34 PM
It really isn't that hard for us to do or for anyone to do.. It would be a great thing if we never had to look into any users here.. The users of this forum seem pretty good, there are a couple that we as site staff need to watch out for but for the most part we really don't need to look into anyone.

If your doing things by the rules and respecting our sites then you don't have anything to worry about, if you are breaking our rules then you might have reason to be concerned.

Don't forget either, the majority of good private trackers share information between each other.. Bad users, cheaters etc. If you get banned from one you normally get banned from all.. Have respect for the sites and for your own accounts and you will be fine.

chaptorrent
i dunt know why they did so , they think themselves what ?1!

mbucari1
Your post should have just told them to take your disabled account and stuff it.

Maybe you could have even told them to take the whole "net" and shove it.

Or maybe even tell them to just "Eat it".

Or even better yet, just feed it to them.

Yes, that's it - You could just feed the net to them. :smilie4:
LOVE IT!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LinkS v2.0
04-10-2007, 06:46 PM
f******.net
Good thing I dont use the same nick ;)

Skiz
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
f******.net
Good thing I dont use the same nick ;)

It's about respect and courtesy, not anonymity. :dabs:

Sentient
04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
ACiD: Get off your high horse. Dont you think sharing the info of users who trusted you with it outside the site breaks a confidence? I think it does anyway. It's one thing just to share usernames, but emails and IPs are shared as well.
It's the main reason I'm glad account trading goes on: anything to make it harder for you guys to keep tabs on us.

Torrenty: As someone who's FST identity was found out on FTN, I can venture three guesses as to how it happened, in my estimated order of likelihood:
1: When Vidde was giving away Norbits accounts, I stupidly PM'd him my screenshot with my real FTN username unblackened.
2: My inviter on FTN was banned, he may have ratted on me in an attempt to save his own account. (This def. happened to me on Bitmetv once)
3: Sites sharing info somehow.

Also, those of you posting ratio screens in public need to be more careful; they can find you like that as well.

ACiD
04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
LOL! I'm not going to start a huge fight here, I have better things to do..

If your account sharing doesn't happen at my site, I don't really care much about you. I'm saying that we share information among sites, everyone knows that. I was trying to say in my message which you obviously didn't understand was that we don't look into accounts unless they are a problem and we have too. I'm not going to go hunting around here to ban users just for the hell of it, I don't know of any site that does.

We wouldn't share a users information with other sites unless that user has been a problem on a site ie; ratio cheating, dupe accounts, breaking rules, account trading etc. If you only think those are ways we find users then your knowledge is severely lacking. Account trading is not hard at all for us to track, its pretty easy actually. I ban people every day for doing it. If you don't understand that then you obviously don't understand how torrent sites work.

I wasn't attacking you or any other user on this site, I was saying what this person did was a reason for a ban and I was defending kimii in her choice to ban this user. A lot of FST users here have agreed with what happened. I was trying to get across that if you respect the torrent sites you use and your own accounts (ie; be careful who you trade invites with etc.) you won't get banned by sites.

That's it. I don't want to hijack this thread, it has nothing to do with me or my site. You do what you gotta do, we will do what we have to do.

chicus
04-10-2007, 07:55 PM
"give food to the".net

LinkS v2.0
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
someone should start a site
starvethe.net

Sentient
04-10-2007, 09:47 PM
The OP is obviously an idiot who deserved to be banned. The reason I brought up the point at all was your silly moralizing about respecting sites enough not to share accounts, when you clearly don't respect the privacy of your users very much.

And I know of plenty of sites that go hunting around to ban users. I was banned on sight at Revolt, for example, for account trading other trackers. (Ironically, I had been invited by staff there, must have been embarassing for him :P ) So even if you don't go around hunting for users to ban, perhaps you are already presuming too much of the sites you share info with. And certainly further abuses are easily foreseeable.

By the way, far too much account trading goes on for it to be as easy to pick up on as you say. You may ban lots, but a quick glance at our invite section shows that plenty must fly under the radar at lots of sites.

SHUVT
04-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I do not understand where people here are under the assumption that the private trackers are for them to do whatever they want to do with them. They always use the word "community" to justify the trading of private trackers and yet if they were supporting the community they would GIVE the accounts to deserving members. These trackers are PRIVATE and owned and operated by the Sysops, so why can't they ban people for breaking the rules or just because they don't like you? It is thier site, thier money and thier time and they deserve that right.

If you were my kids, I would spank your asses and put your nose in the corner for whining!

ACiD
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
@SHUVT

Couldn't of said it better myself.. Thank you for that.

@Sentient

There is a difference between invite trading and account trading.. I have NO problem whatsoever with invite trading.. People can do that all day long, I actually like it, usually as it gives more people the chance to join my site and others.. But just today, like everyday I had to ban a few people that shouldn't of been banned for inviting ratio cheaters. Normally I would just warn them first but there are a lot of people that will just invite anybody without caring and sometimes they invite the wrong people.. So I was just saying be careful on who you invite as it can get you banned as well. Back to account trading, we do have very detailed logs of everything that happens, if people are looking to catch account traders, they will find them.. Maybe you haven't been caught, doesn't mean it will never happen. We would never share users information if those users don't do something to us first and the only reason why we would share information is to protect other communities like our own from those users. I don't have anything against any of you until you do something to me.. Like the one dude posting in this thread that I've already banned for ratio cheating back in December.. :-P

Sentient
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Shuvt: I haven't seen a single person in this thread, including the OP (assuming I've understood his nonsensical rambling correctly), argue that people ought be able to do what they like at private trackers without fear of banning. That strawman does look rather beat up however.

ACiD: Why do you have such a problem with account trading if not because it makes it hard to keep tabs on users?

I just hope none of you are sharing info with Jaits' site.

Exploit
04-11-2007, 01:29 AM
man this is a stupid thing...with all this url posting thing...if i make a page that will show up first on google when searching for ftn with f******.net urls screens and stuff on it....what can they do to me? if they really wants to be underground why not moving the site on another port?

seppypom
04-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Yes she was. She did exactly as she should of, exactly what I would of done if I had that policy on my site.

You screwed up. Face facts. If you entered my site using someone else's nick, I don't care who it is or where you got it from, you would be banned.. Without question. YOU violated their rules by posting links, they don't have to let you back on their site. What you don't seem to understand is that they don't owe you ANYTHING, having access on their site or any site for that matter is a privledge not a right. You disrespected them by not following the rules and your disrespecting kimii in this thread, why should they or anyone respect you? We make the sites, we maintain the sites, we make the rules... It's a pretty simple concept. :angry:

Exactly, and i would have done the same if i was staff on this site as well.

I do not understand where people here are under the assumption that the private trackers are for them to do whatever they want to do with them. They always use the word "community" to justify the trading of private trackers and yet if they were supporting the community they would GIVE the accounts to deserving members. These trackers are PRIVATE and owned and operated by the Sysops, so why can't they ban people for breaking the rules or just because they don't like you? It is thier site, thier money and thier time and they deserve that right.

And i couldn't agree more.

They are going through the trouble of running the site, all they ask is to follow there rules.

Quit your bitching!

Exploit
04-11-2007, 01:52 AM
c`mon man this is bul.... if i post a link i will not face any facts...but that poor guy gets with his account deleted.

feed the . net & all this so called uber private trackers sucks. how can you be private when you are on web?

General2k
04-11-2007, 02:02 AM
How the hell am I supposed to believe every Tom and Jerry's story.
Instead of Tom and Jerry I believe the proper term is Tom, Dick and Harry.

As for breaking the rules of saying the name/url, i would say a warning was getting off easy. Rules are rules, they are meant to be followed.
I don't even want to get into the hacking part.
Something that I am curious about though is how Community Reps make the tie between here and the tracker, probably won't find out though. But I have some ideas.

Sentient
04-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Exploit: at the very least, the guy had dupe accounts, and was quite likely a hacker. kimii already said she would've only given him a warning for posting the site URL. If he doesn't deserve to lose his account, who does?

As for the URL business, well I think it does keep the average passerby from knowing the site URL, which is worth something. I'm a little surprised so many non-members follow the rules though.

Exploit
04-11-2007, 02:07 AM
yeah...but still i think that guy will now post the url everywhere just to revenge...that did not solve anything...but i agree for the hacking part... :D

kayvanblue
04-11-2007, 02:15 AM
sentinet!!! see what you did to yourself! got yourself disabled because of FTN! heh

augustwest
04-11-2007, 02:26 AM
It's a cold cruel world out there full of pain and misery........:shutup:

Skiz
04-11-2007, 02:29 AM
If you were my kids, I would spank your asses and put your nose in the corner for whining!

:glag:

Does that go for just this thread? :whistling

kimii
04-11-2007, 02:49 AM
When users post url's outside the site... all I do is warn and tell them to edit the post. That's exactly what I did with him.... Later on, I found that he had hacked a user's account earlier this year. That was the reason I had disabled him. Some of you guys posting in this thread have no respect whatsoever. All we ask is not to post our url. Why don't you just say FTN. I don't see how that's so hard.

motarocks
04-11-2007, 02:56 AM
When users post url's outside the site... all I do is warn and tell them to edit the post. That's exactly what I did with him.... Later on, I found that he had hacked a user's account earlier this year. That was the reason I had disabled him. Some of you guys posting in this thread have no respect whatsoever. All we ask is not to post our url. Why don't you just say FTN. I don't see how that's so hard.

Good job on finding that bastard and banning him:lol:

RTFM
04-11-2007, 02:57 AM

Agreed, it's really quite simple. If the tracker doesn't want the URL posted, then don't post it. They are providing you with a great service, the least you could do is respect their wishes. If someone comes to FST looking for the URL, just don't answer them. They obviously haven't looked hard enough either. :P

avoozl
04-11-2007, 03:05 AM
I got banned from FTN for accidently becoming a "hit and runner". I was going on vacation for 2 weeks around christmas and they had a large movie pack (over 100 GB) availalble. I started the download and when I came back 2 weeks later, the download was completed and I was banned. Apparently there was a big storm while I was gone and my house lost power for a few hours. I felt bad about it since I liked the community there, but there was really nothing I could do about it.

ACiD
04-11-2007, 05:10 AM

Agreed, it's really quite simple. If the tracker doesn't want the URL posted, then don't post it. They are providing you with a great service, the least you could do is respect their wishes. If someone comes to FST looking for the URL, just don't answer them. They obviously haven't looked hard enough either. :P

Thats exactly right. FTN or any site for that matter will never be able to stop people from breaking the rules, some people will just always try to break them. The only thing we can control is who has access to our sites and who doesn't. FTN is a great site, hell I'm a Sysop on my own site and I still download from FTN.. :whistling

I believe that answers your question Sentient. The biggest problem with people doing account trading is that we have no idea who are getting into our sites or back into our sites for that matter. Would you feel bad at all if you traded your account with someone who was a cheater and got blacklisted and then every one of your accounts on other sites were blacklisted as well because some a$$hole screwed up your rep? What about if you let in a hacker that was previously banned, sure they could probably get in on their own but this way they can go under your username or a username you made up, and what if they take that tracker down for no reason? Would you care? Account trading can be a big problem, maybe not for you but for our sites it can.

We can stop it however, what if we were to take your ability away from changing your username/email/password/information? Put in checks that log isp changes, so if you get someones account who lives in the U.K and your in the U.S. we would know immediately and ban. Sure we might catch some good users in the cross fire but if the problem gets that bad what choice would we have? We have to protect our sites, plain and simple. I'd hate for it to ever come to that... :cry:

SnakesMan901
04-11-2007, 06:00 AM
the first account i got , i got it from a user that was a hacker , ask some israelian peoples here , here name was :: sexitss in this forum :: torrent.co.il
and he traded with me , and he was a hacker

mbucari1
04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Who are you acid? Mod/admin/sysop of a site. Which one?

Roxxy
04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Unfortunatly ignorance of the the fact is no excuse.....

Moonspell13
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Who are you acid? Mod/admin/sysop of a site. Which one?
Digital Hive

RTFM
04-11-2007, 01:41 PM
the first account i got , i got it from a user that was a hacker , ask some israelian peoples here , here name was :: sexitss in this forum :: torrent.co.il
and he traded with me , and he was a hacker

Getting an account from someone who hacked the account is no better than hacking the account yourself. Just because you didn't hack it doesn't mean that you aren't depriving a legitimite user of his account and access. Either way, you should be banned.

Sentient
04-11-2007, 01:44 PM
As you yourself admitted, hackers and cheaters can get into sites through normal means anyway. You have already shown you don't know what sites are doing with the users' info, previously stating you don't know of a single site that hunts for users to ban when one that shares your irc server clearly does. And as long as we're firing hypotheticals at each other, would you feel bad if a site you shared info with used it to hack your users accounts on other sites? Would you even tell your users who was responsible? The unfortunate incident at HDBits indicates the answer is probably no.

When Valerio stole his own users' login details, only two sites that I know of even mentioned it. Of these two better than avg sites, FTN gave no details about who it was, no indication of which site it was that we should be avoiding, and closed a thread that was discussing it. Bitmetv, whose anal-retentiveness one would hope one could at least count on for a situation such as this, took the time to at least mention the site name, but went out of their way to push the announcement off their front page after barely a day. HDBits itself publicly denied it, to the shame of all of it's staff. I'm told Firon later made a post on the forums admitting; I don't know, I'm not reregging to find out. I'm not regged at your site, so I don't know what you said about it, but you can hardly blame me for not wanting my info so freely shared with admins you seem to have a lot of misplaced trust in.

Someone will surely twist this into me telling you what to do (as if such a proposition even made sense). All I am saying is that your morality play about fine upstanding admins doing what they must to combat the bad bad account traders rings a little hollow to those of us watching what's actually going on.

monk3y
04-11-2007, 01:50 PM

give me one reasonable reason for not posting the url ?
do u think that if someone wants to ddos u it will realy be hard for him to get the url ?

jonsonica
04-11-2007, 02:02 PM
i don't want to be a smart ass but snakesman when you signup or when you recived the account i think that first thing that you do was to read their rules and faq and in their rules says :

NEVER mention our url outside of FTN. You may refer to "FTN" instead.

Skiz
04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Good discussion, but I think it's beating a dead horse at this point.

Closed.