PDA

View Full Version : How important is the design to u?

Jaits
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
well the title says it all...

i m just curious... would u be more compelled to stay in a tracker (upload, contribute, post etc) with a neat web 2.0 kind of style (made with div's) and aimed towards usability and layout with plenty of ajax for a more fluid experience without page reloads or do u prefere the oldschool tbsource sort of tracker (layout is with tables) with no js on it and just the same old layout with just different colors (like pretty much every tracker nowardays...

the q really is, would a neat design (for example seedit.org design - which inmo is incomplete but u get the idea) affect ur decision to join and stay in a tracker (ie visit it again) or is it just the content....

i guess both are important, but if u think about it... the content will come as long as ppl care about the tracker and do their part by uploading and keeping seeds for a long time... the content will accumulate, and the speeds will be sufficiently gd... so taking content out of the equation... how much does a design affect ur desision to stay in a tracker (u can also mention other factors that affect that decision for u).... i m just curious....

for me a design is really important and the web 2 style (like seedit) makes the whole experience much more enjoyable for me..... if only it was in english and it was js degreadable (ie the site worked fine without javascript being enabled) and had a few more features then it would be perfect inmo...

hungdob
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
well imo, design is important but it think there's other aspects that effect the tracker such as speed and content.
ie, if theres a fast tracker with nice design its awesome but its not that crucial

SHUVT
04-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I think design plays a factor in my decision to pay more attention to one tracker over another. I really like the Czone layout with the covers popping up as your curser passes over the torrent. I like the black, but the need to make the text pop a little bit more on the page. I am sure there are more features there as well, but it is not in english. A nice layout is good, but I can not say that I would hit one tracker with a good layout over another with a normal layout, good content, freeleech torrents and killer speeds.

I will have to go back through my trackers and see which layout I prefer. Czone just came to mind of the top of my head.

007™
04-13-2007, 03:46 PM
1) Content
2) Speed
3) Community
4) Staff
5) Design

jaqozo
04-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Don`t know if the search features are defined by the "design" thing, but without this features the site with good content worths nothing (I mean sort by # of seeders/leechers, by # of snatches, by the size, show the peers , search by title/all words etc)

Jaits
04-13-2007, 04:25 PM
anything that is important to u mention it... it cant hurt :P

TorrenTy
04-13-2007, 05:06 PM
the speed of a tracker is the most important to me .

r4cc00n
04-13-2007, 05:30 PM
i'm a graphic designer, so i won't be a member of a tracker if the design is god-awful and hard to look at like most trackers

QstorM
04-13-2007, 05:37 PM
No matter how good a tracker is I won't use it if the background is black with white text because it makes MY eyes bleed. Trackers like TL, scc etc are great but they just make my eyes hurt.

LinkS v2.0
04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
too me design is important

crossfade
04-13-2007, 06:00 PM
if different sites offer all the same content, i'll use the one with the best design
that's why i use ftn for almost everything now - ok, tbh, the current free leech helps :D

giant
04-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Design is important , thats why I like FSC, Oink, revolutiontt over Czone

Murderer
04-13-2007, 06:21 PM
i really dont care about the design of the sites..

hungdob
04-13-2007, 07:43 PM
content (also freeleech)
speed
design

Tokeman
04-13-2007, 08:07 PM
to me, design is important. When one of my favorite sites changed their design recently, there were a lot of problems with the new site. I stop'd using said site until the upgrade was totally done, and still do not like the new design much.
Now I only use said tracker when I can't find something some where else.
Too bad for me I guess though, as they had the best community IMO. (site name not mentioned on purpose!)

assafush
04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
it is always nice to visit a web site that has a nice design....
i think the design is a part of a good site...

solid13138
04-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Well for me as long as the site is organized then thats cool. A little bit of good design is essential as well. One of the best organized sites is TVtorrents.Each shoe is organized according to seasons and it aslo has a release calander.

iNSOMNiA
04-14-2007, 01:45 AM
I think the design is a key part of the site it comes after the speed and content tho but it still very important imo

Bucktoof
04-14-2007, 04:08 AM
There are some sites out there that carry very similar stuff and have good pretimes - that's when design determines which I use more. I want to use a site that looks good to me too, but if the content, speed, and community are second to none then I might just deal with it :P

ChotaZorro
04-14-2007, 04:27 AM
To me the design is fairly important but speed and content are the two most important factors with design behind them.

deuce6000
04-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Its kind of important but there is one site out there called libitna that is so loaded full of crap that i hate to even look at it.It's almost like having a dirty ass house that you never want to go to because you dread cleaning it lol.

SaveFerris
04-14-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't think the design is important at all, it's not like you can't make your own things using Greasemonkey if you want them anyway...

PatRs77
04-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Honestly, I just like it as simple and efficient as possible. I don't care how "pretty" a tracker looks if it doesn't have the speed & content I'm looking for.

Patriot foreve
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
InFact the design is really important for me because i may be so active in trackers and forums like Bitmetv or RSR because i love their design and it's so relaxing for me giving me the opportunity to stay longer and browse the forums and be more active there while on the opposite i can't stay too much in trackers like SITR and others because it's design makes me alot more nervous and if i need anything i just grab it and close the tracker

StevenVD
04-14-2007, 02:28 PM
When I have have to chose between two tracker that are equal in speed and content, I'll take the one with the best design.. So yes the design is very important for me :)

amrusis
04-14-2007, 02:43 PM
the design not important at all just the speed

Jaits
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
InFact the design is really important for me because i may be so active in trackers and forums like Bitmetv or RSR because i love their design and it's so relaxing for me giving me the opportunity to stay longer and browse the forums and be more active there while on the opposite i can't stay too much in trackers like SITR and others because it's design makes me alot more nervous and if i need anything i just grab it and close the tracker

thats exactly how i am ;) ...

i use trackers that are fast and have the content just to d/l from them, but i dont stay in them (post, browse other ppls posts etc) unless they also have a nice design and appeal to my eye (and offcourse have a nice community)

i guess most ppl arent like this though from reading through this thread.... (not that i expected anything else tbh from a trading forum ;) )

necromantic
04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
The design doesn't bother me much unless it's terrible. I'm there for the content, not the pretty banners. I still use sites with below average interfaces *cough* PiSexy *cough*, but some sites are just so ugly and non user friendly I just couldn't be bothered. The only sites I've refused to use over interface are TD and Potuk.

007™
04-14-2007, 06:42 PM
s *cough* PiSexy *cough*,

Pisexy Version 2 is coming out soon, lets hope its better :)

www.piv2.org ;)

4iromatic
04-14-2007, 08:31 PM
i liked pisexy's deisgn hahaa

anyway,

the design is not really important. the efficiency and simplicity of the site is more important. however, a good looking design makes me want to use it more. it's just me. haha

r4cc00n
04-15-2007, 07:26 AM
www.piv2.org (http://www.piv2.org) ;)

wow that is ugly

AugustoP
04-15-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm happy with default TorrentBit design used on most trackers.

r9batista
04-15-2007, 04:04 PM
No matter how good a tracker is I won't use it if the background is black with white text because it makes MY eyes bleed. Trackers like TL, scc etc are great but they just make my eyes hurt.

same for me

:cry: look at my eyes

fstrulz
04-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I just like it simple and has fast page loading... Like RevTT.

Jaits
04-16-2007, 01:04 AM
I just like it simple and has fast page loading... Like RevTT.

revtt is quite slow inmo

oink is fast loading...

Chrys
04-16-2007, 01:31 AM
the design isn't so important,content and speed are

TaLeNDiL
04-16-2007, 09:57 PM
content is the mosrt important thing for me.. and speed is second
but the design is also important.. i dont use pisexy so much..
and i wouldnt be use czone or rsr if they didnt lvl 4-3.5 :)
i think filelist or tb has great design.. looks simple but really fine