PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Progams

dudevenezuela
06-03-2003, 02:56 AM
u just have triend NORTON 2003 PERSONAL FIREWALL and SYGATE PERSONAL FIREWALL I like the second one the most

any suggestions¿

Ad
06-03-2003, 03:02 AM
ive only tyed nortons and what ive heard its a 30 meg piece of shit it a big suycker for resources and had fake hackers intrutions

I.am
06-03-2003, 03:04 AM
B) I like ZoneAlarm Pro. It has a built-in firewall as well as tons of useful things. Highly Recommended!!!

Kevhead2
06-03-2003, 03:25 AM
Zonealarm is the best, it notifies you if a program is trying to access the internet.

A lot of programs spy on you by accessing the internet while your using them, and sending info back to the developers, like if you have a illegal serial. then they can remotely disable your full version software.

Musicmatch did that to me. the only programs that should be allowed to access the internet are the ones that need a internet connection to function.

Real Player does not need to access the internet if im just using it to play videos or music. but yet it trys to access the internet whenever i use it....damn spys

imported_Catracho
06-03-2003, 03:31 AM
Norton Internet Security NOT the personal version. I like it a lot!

ricochet
06-03-2003, 03:41 AM
I have used both, I had some trouble getting updates thru sygate pro so i went to norton 2003 pro and have no trouble with it and norton uses less than kazaa. ;)

RuntimeError
06-03-2003, 05:13 AM
blackice pwns.

I.am
06-03-2003, 05:15 AM
Definetly, BlackICE is one of the best one's out there too along with ZoneAlarm pro. Shows you whose is accessing which port and you can close it if you find some suspicious activity! B)

[B][O][T]
06-03-2003, 05:23 AM
Norton Personal Firewall 2003 works great for Me.

BOT

tommy1987
06-03-2003, 09:22 AM
not always when a peice of software wants to access the internet is it spying on your fake serial, most of the time it is just trying to access the CCDB music database of titles and albums, to display track names of songs that you are playing.

Buffalo
06-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Personally, i would stick with "SYGATE PERSONAL FIREWALL" It's works very well for me and i have been using it for over a year now.
Only yesterday i had yet another port scan put on me,
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/sy_40.jpg
And the little things like "Real player" & WMP ver9, Wants to talk to mummy.
Barry :D

ghost944
06-03-2003, 12:24 PM
yea i recomend sygate to iv tried zonalarm and all them but i took them off after a day to put sygate back on

death0matic
06-04-2003, 03:27 PM
im using Norton Personal Firewall 2003. and it works fine for me. i has all the options just like zone alarm. it has visual tracer. its cool.
as long as im happy with it im not gonna change my firewall to zone alarm pro until requisite <_<

nostalgia
06-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Check out www.grc.com

shn
06-05-2003, 07:26 AM
Software based firewalls are the worst decision you can ever make to secure your pc. Nine times out of ten if there&#39;s a pass-through you get a damn screen prompt asking your permision among other annoying things. Buy a router with a hardware based firewall integrated into it. I only paid 276 dollars for my cisco router, but I was a student in the cisco netcad academy at the time so I got a discount. But there are a lot of routers out there for under 100 bucks. Think about it like this: Software firewall programs are well............programs, which means if its not running or it malfunctions then your machine is spread eagle on the internet. When as to where if your router malfunctions then then thats pretty much going to prevent you from being connected to the net anyway, so until you get that fixed your not online anyway and no one or nothing can get through, no matter how many machines you have on your network. :rolleyes: