PDA

View Full Version : reputation system - a suggestion

kajoon
04-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Update no. 1 - 19/4
-------------------------------
let me rephrase the question.
do u think we should try a rep system like ebay - people can add positive or negative points to other users ?

kajoon

Original message :
------------------------
hello,

i dont know if its the right place to post this but i thought that since this post is connected to the rep system which is connected to the invite theard - i would post it here.
MODS - if the post is in the wrong place please move it to its proper location.

i've been reading some posts here and i was wondering...
why cant we make negative points in the rep system.
if a user is a spy\scammer\uses rude behavior\cheater etc... we will be able to add him a negative point (means to sub him a rep point).
that way - eveytime i give free invites or wanting to trade with some1 i would have to check his backgroung for the last 3 months...

what do u say ?
if u chose no - please state the reason.
i would like to know the down sides for this.

have a gr8 day
kajoon

Tokeman
04-18-2007, 06:24 PM
I like the idea of neg repping, would help reduce thread spam/thread hijacking.

Xtremist
04-18-2007, 06:25 PM
It is a good idea except that it can be misused.

kajoon
04-18-2007, 06:29 PM
It is a good idea except that it can be misused.

what do u mean misused?
some1 will revenge a user for no reason ?

i think all the users here can do the same with the rep points that we got now...
besides, i think that people would behave themselfs... we are all working for the same idea here... trading invites :)

dudave
04-18-2007, 06:30 PM
can be a good idea actualy... the question is
who will apply those and in which cases.

SHUVT
04-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I voted no, just because I can see lame ass people jacking up people for the hell of it. Don't see how it could be moderated to assure valid complaints are posted. Who knows... I usually do some research on folks before helping them out anyways.

solghof
04-18-2007, 06:33 PM
i have better idia
the guy who has more rep points verify first
that's what i do
when i trade with a guy has higher rep points
i let him verify me first and i go first
and other wise i check first
no need for negative rep points caz some guys will use it for fun
or for non necessary reson ===>misused.==>bad use
and the guy who try to ripe some one will be banned
no need to keep guy's with negative rep
and no need to negative rep from the begining

Vercors
04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I like the idea, but I wouldn't substract negative points from positive ones.
It would be more accurate if we could see both positive and negative points (and everyone should give a reason as to why they gave a negative point)

DefX
04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
The report section is there for all scammers, cheaters, etc. Thats already been established. The fact of the matter is, rep pts or not, low/high post count or not, theres not an absolute way to confirm a member's trustworthiness unless you also stick around here long enough and decide for yourself.

saulin
04-18-2007, 06:37 PM
No because it always gets abused. No substracting but maybe like Vercors said. Just adding a comment why that person was given a negative point and if it's not a valid reason then substract a point from whoever gave a negative.

Otherwise this always gets abused.

popopot
04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
It sounds good in principle but I imagine it is harder to execute. Rep points should be given out for trades and not necessarily free invites. A generous person who does giveaways will be noticed by the community and could be rewarded accordingly.

Perhaps the whole point of the rep system has been forgotten/misunderstood, but I think it should strictly be for trading and not free giveaways - especially if someone does the free giveaways just for a rep points!

Besides there would a shed load more spamming:

'Why did you give me negative rep?' blah, blah, blah.....

torrentslave
04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
i like it

DV8type
04-18-2007, 06:47 PM
It would be more accurate if we could see both positive and negative points (and everyone should give a reason as to why they gave a negative point)

i think there should be neg points. Where you can see both negative and positive points. Its fair. The current system can be abuse aswell. I guarentee fake trades are carried out everyday. The big reason why Ebay has them both is to keep users honest....
i think the people who are afraid are the people who would have neg rep points :D

popopot
04-18-2007, 07:03 PM

i think there should be neg points. Where you can see both negative and positive points. Its fair. The current system can be abuse aswell. I guarentee fake trades are carried out everyday. The big reason why Ebay has them both is to keep users honest....
i think the people who are afraid are the people who would have neg rep points :D

Good point, especially if you easily see what the rep points were for and that a comment has to be made for each +/- rep point given, so you can if its for spam, scamming, etc.

kajoon
04-18-2007, 07:05 PM

i like the idea mate :)
do u want me to change the question of the poll?

hungdob
04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
i think thats a great idea becuase people wont post useless posts and will be afraid to break the rules

OmaRin0
04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
i'm sure that some n00b will just put negative points to every one..

hungdob
04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
thats why someone will have to supervise on this system

TheManMKD
04-18-2007, 07:22 PM
There should be a limit of possible negative points that someone could give per day. You agree? That will prevent someone just spamming everyone with negative rep points.
And also, +1 on that idea for both pos. and neg. rep points to be shown in the profile. :)

Vercors
04-18-2007, 07:39 PM

i like the idea mate :)
do u want me to change the question of the poll?

Maybe you could use the ebay example in the question, so that people know exactly what you are talking about :)
Something like "Do you think FST rep system should be based on ebay's one, allowing members to give both positive and negative points?"

chaptorrent
04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
i think we should only give spies anegative point .

DV8type
04-18-2007, 07:56 PM
i think we should only give spies anegative point .

how do you know who are spies? :rolleyes:
Well i can tell you that there are a few members here that like to trade account that have a history of cheating, HnR, etc....the smart ones wait until there warning goes away then trade the account to a unsuspecting victim....in turn the new account holder has there IP linked to the same history as the trader, account gets disabled and the trader gets a free account/invite with no penalty. :O

Giveaway
04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
i voted yes

necromantic
04-18-2007, 11:02 PM
I like it, isounds like eBay

Giveaway
04-18-2007, 11:07 PM
yes it's like ebay feedbacks, and it should be implemented in this forum

Bucktoof
04-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I think it's best to show good trade history - if a trade goes well, both parties will choose "good trade" and now everyone can see so and so has had a good trade. After a while, it builds up a history.

Have another category for invites given away, since that is a different thing but still very good as well

kajoon
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
i rephrased the question for the poll.
please submit your votes and please state your reason if u voted no

thanx again

prima1
04-19-2007, 12:05 PM
miseuse

V
04-19-2007, 12:07 PM
it's not wise ...
if somebody has a problem with someone , or he don't like him , he will freely add negative!!
it's not wise at all

micky3840
04-19-2007, 12:20 PM
its a good idea
but as all other have said it might be misused
i think there should an area to name and shame
instead of negative points

kajoon
04-19-2007, 01:13 PM
so, all in all, whats your suggestion ?
we should come with an idea\plan for a rep point that will help us ...