PDA

View Full Version : Where Are Our Hearts At?

brotherdoobie
06-04-2003, 12:33 AM
I started sharing files back when Napster first started.
I had over 12,000 files at one time and after switching from Windows 98 SE to Windows ME(what a mistake that one was!) and having to reinstall my O.S. I lost everything.............well some of the blame goes to me for bad back-up habits.(I still blame Bill for that piece of shi* O.S. Windows ME.)

I however use Windows XP and Linux on another partition(that's another story).
I love XP as far as Windows O.S. ,I haven't had a bit of a problem with XP after running it since it came out.

I was set about getting my collection back to it's old self(size)
When it hit me about how small my mindset was.
I spent lot's of hours dl into the late of night....any and everything.
I had a huge collection......but what did it all mean to me?

I enjoyed the hours on the net searching and finding this file ,this one song I just had to have.
I t all most become an obsession.

Now I realise how importain the music(or whatever the file) is.
I am going to dl like always but It's just not that consuming for me to have this gigantic collection of mish-mash this and that.
I am going to slow down and enjoy the music for a change.

I mean how many of us have songs on our HD that we haven't even listened to?
I think it's time to stop counting post(so to speak) and dl at a frantic pace and enjoy the music.

That's what I enjoy about this site ,there's not the snobbery and ego's about file sharing as on others(well a few people...not mentioning names)
;)

Peace brotherdoobie

MagicNakor
06-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Well, I know I don't have an unlistened-to song on my HD. ;) What's the point of downloading something and never using it?

:ninja:

brotherdoobie
06-04-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@3 June 2003 - 19:38
Well, I know I don't have an unlistened-to song on my HD. ;) What's the point of downloading something and never using it?

:ninja:
I know people that do....that's my point....it's useless...

Peace brotherdoobie

Ad
06-04-2003, 05:47 AM
ya

m8t
06-04-2003, 10:25 AM
:D [QUOTE]I t all most become an obsession.
it's still an obsession for me !
i've got to get this one last sixties video clip to complete my collection. and i'm still enjoyin' the spoils.
regards
m8t :D

brotherdoobie
06-04-2003, 12:38 PM
@m8t...lol.........Same here I have just slowed down to smell the roses.....

Peace brotherdoobie

Texallen
06-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Sorry about your loss,brotherdoobie. During the dying days of Napster,I burnt all mine to CDs (23). I just got back into filesharing and added another HD just for the Napster stuff. Now the fun's in the giving as much as the getting. NAPSTER LIVES!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

squishyboboball
06-04-2003, 06:40 PM
I dunno, there's something to be said for the ability to get the idea for a little road music, download all the tracks I want, burn a cd, and hop in the car in less than 30 minutes. And, the whole world is my radio station, if I wanna hear Fiona Apple and Public Enemy back to back, I can just get it fast. These of course, are only examples. Plus I can always delete anything I don't want to listen to more than a few times secure in the knowledge I can get it again later. With the radio playing nothing but nonstop Avril Levigne sh**, what else is gonna offer me the chance to hear anything I want?

If there was a way to just pick any song, any song at all, and play it from online while advertisers tried to sell me junk, I think I'd give this up in a heartbeat. Until I can hear cuts from Billie Holliday and Weird Al at the same place, this is the life.