PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe How Much Ps2 Owners Are In Denial

kildred11
06-04-2003, 05:45 AM
I realized my mistake and returned it immediatly when I saw the graohics weren't anything special. But it is unbelievable the escuses PS2 owners will make to try to make themselves think they made the right chose.
here's a few:
"It has more games" (Right and I'm sure you own and play all of them)
"Xbox is just an OK PC" (And that must make the PS2 a shitty PC)
"The games play better on the PS2" (I never new poorer graphics power all around made for a better system)

Feel free to add as many more lame escuses these people in denial make.
And I'm not bias towards the Xbox, I will buy the best system out there, no matter what the brand is

sharedholder
06-04-2003, 05:58 AM
I have ps2 and i want to say something about :

1. Has more games but ps1 crappy games .
2.About the graphic ,if you see Metal Gear solid 2 you don't believe .
3.Microsoft x-box has a crappy look.
4.Sony feautured console http://ie.playstation.com/news/newsStory.j...WS&linktype=NTI (http://ie.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml?storyId=103829_en_IE_NEWS&linktype=NTI)
5.Everyone is free to thinking . :D :D

Cl1mh4224rd
06-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Andd it amazes me how little the naysayers pay attention to console release dates...

budgetboy
06-04-2003, 06:47 AM
I own a PS2 and I like it, the graphics aren't the best but after what I see on my pc, it looks good.

sometimes I wish I bought a gamecube for more original game idea's and I dont even give the xbox a thought

the summary is the xbox just takes every game it can find on other platforms and the only appeal is slightly better graphics, the gamecube has it's own unique games so although there are less games there's more variety. People just buy PS2's because it's in the middle ground

kildred11
06-04-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@4 June 2003 - 06:58
I have ps2 and i want to say something about :

4.Sony feautured console http://ie.playstation.com/news/newsStory.j...WS&linktype=NTI (http://ie.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml?storyId=103829_en_IE_NEWS&linktype=NTI)

I guess we should compare it to the Xbox 10

terfdurkel
06-04-2003, 09:09 AM
There is nothing wrong with ps2. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it is rubbish. If you get enjoyment out of playing a console then it doesn't matter if the graphics aren't state of the art. Its just a matter of opinion.

DarthInsinuate
06-04-2003, 09:56 AM
look at it this way - if the X-box was released a year before the PS2 and Microsoft had distributed development kits quicker and wider, everyone would have an X-box

if Gamecube had come out at the same time as PS2 everyone would have a Gamecube

i think X-box owners are in denial that PS2 is the more popular console

but i will admit that PS2 is kinda crappy in terms of power, but it is competitive graphics wise, at the moment anyway...

Pitbul
06-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@4 June 2003 - 02:56
look at it this way - if the X-box was released a year before the PS2 and Microsoft had distributed development kits quicker and wider, everyone would have an X-box

but i will admit that PS2 is kinda crappy in terms of power, but it is competitive graphics wise, at the moment anyway...
i wouldn't have bought a X - Box i dont like them cuz its Bill Gates way for last chance and trying to be big in other stuff besides PC and i for one hate Bill Gates. i chose the PS2 cuz of prefrence and becuz of the direction that GC and nintendo was going with targeting it towards younger children and PS2 seemed to just fit. dont try and speak for "everyone" cuz ur not "everyone"

crazy_billy_bats
06-04-2003, 03:36 PM
i wouldnt not buy a console just because its made my Bill Gates' comapany.
hes a prick with too much money but who cares?
halo is a classic,
but PS2 is clearly far superior to X-Box.
btw i dont own either, i havnt bought one since PSX1, couldnt be arsed i suppose

powershot
06-04-2003, 05:14 PM
I personaly own game cube ps2 and xbox. I personaly like xbox more for the graphics. However the only time I turn on the ps2 is when my company (friends) wana play old crapy games that are ps1.. Other then that. When I got to the store and see that a game comes in both ps2 and xbox. I buy the xbox. I will only buy a game cube game when I must also. Like the new Zelda. Or games of that sort. Yes yes ps2 has many more games. But who wants to play all those olds games?? I sure dont.... Maybe my little my kids might in few years... Also the loading part of the games. I have to say xbox is faster. I have timed them.

kildred11
06-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@4 June 2003 - 10:56

Wow this post turned back into a PS2 denial collection and it was all supplied by the PS2 owners. I guess most people prefer to be sucked in by a brand name. I guess they would prefer a radeon 7000 over a radeon 9700. I don't like Microsoft at all. But that doesn't blind me when I want to get the best system I can. And if the Xbox was released a year earlier I wouldn't have it over a PS2. Like I said I owned a PS2, I was just able to see my mistake and amend for it.

RedRival
06-04-2003, 06:27 PM
Please not the console wars again. We had enough since a few weeks back. Please we are entitled to our opinions, so please, just keep the peace by keeping this comments to yourself. Thank you. ;)

Kurdt Kobain
06-04-2003, 07:39 PM
i own a ps2, but thats because i bought it for like $250 with thps4 and vice city. ill admit, x-box is better than ps2, on most things. for one, i like ps2 controllers alot more, and i'd rather play gta than halo. x-box has wwe (formerly wwf, for non-wrestling fans) raw, while ps2 has smack down. raw has amazing graphics, with a piece of shit (am i allowed to say that?) engine, while smack down has decent graphics, with amazing gameplay. its alot about your taste in games, and your personal opinion

budgetboy
06-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Everyone supports the xbox with the argument that the graphics are good. Well if you want good graphics upgrade your pc after all the xbox is just a 750mhz processor with a geforce 4

kildred11
06-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by budgetboy@4 June 2003 - 21:03
Everyone supports the xbox with the argument that the graphics are good. Well if you want good graphics upgrade your pc after all the xbox is just a 750mhz processor with a geforce 4
See here is a perfect example of someone using the pc escuse. And what would that make the PS2? I don't care if you like the PS2, I am just tired of this denial trip some PS2 owners have. Give me valid reasons why you own the PS2 and not reasons why the Xbox is a bad pc, because that only states that the PS2 is an even worse pc, making your point nonsense.

Twist3r
06-04-2003, 09:14 PM
ps2s graphix suck

the only thing ps2 has to brag about is GTA3 and vice city

THATS THE ONLY THING

vice citys comming out for xbox 2004

Twist3r
06-04-2003, 09:15 PM
EDIT sorry double posted

ooo
06-04-2003, 09:21 PM
i own a ps2... there part of the playstation family... itz great but u cant compare to computers... but then again u got that nice big screen tv... and a nice hand held control instead of a 56key keyboard or sumding like that

xbox --> microsoft
windows --> microsoft

WORD! how do u expect the games to be that good... there graphics are just the same as a bad computer video card lol

sharedholder
06-04-2003, 09:27 PM
the only thing ps2 has to brag about is GTA3 and vice city You forget Metal gear solid 2 ,Virtua Tennis 2 and more .....

Twist3r
06-04-2003, 09:28 PM
WORD! how do u expect the games to be that good... there graphics are just the same as a bad computer video card lol

if ur saying a xbox is the same as a bad video card then what is a ps2???

ooo
06-04-2003, 09:34 PM
playstation has been around way longer then xbox... xbox was created by microsoft... wat more can u expect~...

playstation was created by sony.... sony does alot of accessories... televisions... cameras, tape recorders, video recorders.... etc....

i would say playstation has about a ati radeon 9000+ video card... since the graphics gtaz look the same 2 me

Twist3r
06-04-2003, 09:54 PM
i would say playstation has about a ati radeon 9000+ video card... since the graphics gtaz look the same 2 me

if ps2 is that good then xbox has ATI radeo 19000+ video card because the graphix is 2 times better

XBox Vs PS2

Xbox- Intel Pentium III 733MHz processor technology with Streaming SIMD Extensions

PS2-300 Mhz

XBox - Graphics Card Clock Frequency: 300Mhz

(Xboxs Graphics card is almost identical to a Geforce TI 4200)

PS2 - Graphics Card Clock Frequency: 150Mhz

Xbox-Memory 64MB

PS2 - Memory 32MB

XBox- Memory Bandwidth 6.4 GB/Sec

PS2- Memory Bandwidth 3.2 GB/Sec

Xbox- Polygon Performance 150 M/Sec

PS2- Polygon Performance 66 M/Sec

XBox- Storage Medium- 5x DVD, 8 G I G A B I T E hard disk, 8 MB memory card

PS2- Storage Medium - 4x DVD, 8 M E G A B I T E memory card

Xbox - Built In Ethernet card- Yes

PS2- Built In Ethernet card - No

Xbox- DVD Movie Playback - Built In

PS2 - DVD Movie Playback - Utility required to be on memory card

kildred11
06-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Soul814@4 June 2003 - 22:21
QUOTE (slimboyfatz @ 4 June 2003 - 19:27)
The glitches were everywhere (xbox version). Enemies running into walls and keep running, enemies stood inside office desks?!?, enemies getting kicked about when ya making no contact with them, etc etc........
Like i said before the Xbox version is meant to be the most Glitch-Free (so feel pity on the PS2/Gamecube owners). Y'know Shiny entertainment had the rights to a 'matrix' title a fair few years back, when the 1st movie came out and this is the tripe they came up with. Give the job to Bungie or Ubisoft next time and let them finish the job!!!

Oh and one more thing if you r thinkin' of purchasing the xbox version (sucka) just read this article and keep ya money.....

http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/may03/matri...box/index.shtml

Gamespy - "If you simply must have one version, go with Xbox. It has the best overall framerate and the most progressive scan options."
I guess you didn't read the article to well. And the game is just a piece of shit no matter what system it was made on. But don't expect it to be better on the PS2 or Gamecube.

Here's the review for the PS2.
Gamespy - "The Lowdown: PS2 owners get the worst console version of a weak game. "

Here's the review for the GC.
"The Lowdown: Once again, awesome movies translate into a mediocre action game. "

And The PC
Gamespy - "The Lowdown: It has some value for Matrix fans, but as a video game, the PC version of Enter The Matrix is the worst of a mediocre lot. "

I don't know what this guys agenda is but it seems he is trying to discredit the Xbox by not giving the whole info. I don't suggust this game to anyone unless you can play it for free. Just love how they always supply new and not valid escuses to justify that they made the correct choice.

kildred11
06-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Soul814@4 June 2003 - 22:21
i own a ps2... there part of the playstation family... itz great but u cant compare to computers... but then again u got that nice big screen tv... and a nice hand held control instead of a 56key keyboard or sumding like that

xbox --> microsoft
windows --> microsoft

QUOTE (budgetboy @ 4 June 2003 - 21:03)

See here is a perfect example of someone using the pc escuse. And what would that make the PS2? I don't care if you like the PS2, I am just tired of this denial trip some PS2 owners have. Give me valid reasons why you own the PS2 and not reasons why the Xbox is a bad pc, because that only states that the PS2 is an even worse pc, making your point nonsense.
I already showed why this point is not valid and someone still uses it

DarkBlizzard
06-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Xbox is just to good :) :) .....All you ps2 owners should be crying your selfs to sleep cuz you dont have Xbox LIVE you just have a cheapo PS2 online. By this time next year Xbox will have over 100 Xbox LIVE games and also tons of games that can get downloadable content via Xbox LIVE with a Highspeed Connection.

gimli_the_dwarf1
06-05-2003, 12:38 AM
who the hell is making excusses?????? lol the ps2 owns all of america and japan in sales lol. and who cares about graphics? dont get me wrong, i'm not a fanboy, but it seems y are :|

DarkBlizzard
06-05-2003, 12:57 AM
ok well if graphics dont matter than go play a Saturn or something...or a Gamboy pocket... :P
Xbox kicked ps2's ass in like this...
- Xbox Graphics are EXCELLENT
- Xbox has the most advanced Online gaming system. Xbox LIVE
- Xbox's games have quality. PS2 has quanity.
- Features...Xbox is coming out with XSN Sports and Xbox Music Mixer...and Xbox's DVD kit is much better than ps2's
- and 5th Ps2 is just to damm old it needs to go into the retirement home with Saturan, N64, Gameboy Pocket, Genisis, Origninal Gameboy, NES, Super NES, Gameboy Color, and all the other Shitty sytems

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Twist3r
06-05-2003, 01:58 AM
xbox live is awsome any of u guys got it i play unreal chamionchip on there how about you?

netbizkit
06-05-2003, 04:37 AM
my cuzin has been a long time MAC owner. he had made a vow that if he ever bought ne thing from microssft he would jump out of a plane. with just 1 week locked in my room with my xbox playing games made him break his vow. in the next few days we went down to costco bought his xbox, and scheduled his skydive. if Mr. Bill Gate$ can change his mind, he will change all yall sony fanboys minds.

P.S. he was going to orginally by himself a PS2

Cl1mh4224rd
06-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by kildred11@4 June 2003 - 18:45
I guess they would prefer a radeon 7000 over a radeon 9700.
I would prefer the 7000 over the 9700, if the 9700 wasn't going to be released any time soon...

Like I said... release dates. Think about it.

Besides... The Xbox's graphics are better than the PS2's; no doubt about that, but again... that's because Xbox was released well after PS2. If the order was reversed, PS2 would dominate the performance category. Just because the Xbox has prettier graphics doesn't mean I'm just going to drop the console I bought brand new for $300, and wet my pants all the way down to Best Buy and plop down $400 for a 1980's VCR that plays videogames.

And that's my main gripe about the Xbox... it's fucking huge. You'd have to park the damn thing in your garage, instead of your car. I know Microsoft bloats everything they get their hands on, but my God...

Bait Master
06-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Well i had all 3 systems. I sold the GC and X-Box to my little bro for half the price i paid for them. I played many games on all 3 systems and i have come to this conclusion: All 3 suck compaired to a PC. I kept the Ps2 mainly to use as a DvD player (and to rent a game every once in a blue moon).

I will say this though, the ONLY thing the Xbox had going for it was better graphics. Even then it wasn't that big of a differance or that big of a deal. Even that it wasn't that big of a deal, i had madden for both the PS2 and Xbox and i would allways play madden on the Ps2 because the controls were better(much more imporant than graphics i must say).

The Xbox itself is utter crap.

At least the PS2 had 2 good things going for it: Better games and a better controller. All and all the PS2 sucks as well.

Just end this retarded topic and throw the Xbox in the garbage can were it belongs :blink:

The only person in denial here is the topic starter.

well_butter_my_arse
06-05-2003, 12:24 PM
As good as the graphcis are on the x box the games that are out for the ps2 are better on the whole even though they may lack graqphical detaling

THE DUDE
06-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Anyone who say the PS 2 is more advanced than Xbox is in denial but remember that the xBox came out nearly a year and a half after the PS 2.

The Xbox requires that you buy the remote to play DVD'S that half the reason you buy the thing both have 128bit graphic cability and both have digital optical sound.

True the xbox has the 4 player thing and built in ethernet not to mention the HD.

But for me the main thing is comfort if there is a more comfortable easier to use joystick than the PS joystick I haven't seen it.

All the really good games come out on both platforms eventually.

terfdurkel
06-05-2003, 02:58 PM
It may seem like a crappy reason to not have a console, but I hate the xbox controller. Its even bigger than my old megadrive control pad!

Kurdt Kobain
06-05-2003, 04:53 PM
- Features...Xbox is coming out with XSN Sports and Xbox Music Mixer...and Xbox's DVD kit is much better than ps2's
- and 5th Ps2 is just to damm old it needs to go into the retirement home with Saturan, N64, Gameboy Pocket, Genisis, Origninal Gameboy, NES, Super NES, Gameboy Color, and all the other Shitty sytems

that is not a fact. i wouldnt call prettier graphics (like an extra bird in the sky or better reflection off football players helmets) quality.

kildred11
06-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Kurdt Kobain@5 June 2003 - 17:53

that is not a fact. i wouldnt call prettier graphics (like an extra bird in the sky or better reflection off football players helmets) quality.
then get an atari

kildred11
06-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by terfdurkel@5 June 2003 - 15:58
It may seem like a crappy reason to not have a console, but I hate the xbox controller. Its even bigger than my old megadrive control pad!
another denial escuse, controller was conformed to people's likes in tests, when does a controller need to be smaller. I guess people can play better when everything is really small and tiny

kildred11
06-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by THE DUDE@5 June 2003 - 15:21
Anyone who say the PS 2 is more advanced than Xbox is in denial but remember that the xBox came out nearly a year and a half after the PS 2.

The Xbox requires that you buy the remote to play DVD'S that half the reason you buy the thing both have 128bit graphic cability and both have digital optical sound.

True the xbox has the 4 player thing and built in ethernet not to mention the HD.

But for me the main thing is comfort if there is a more comfortable easier to use joystick than the PS joystick I haven't seen it.

All the really good games come out on both platforms eventually.
Lets remember you have to buy a $30 8mb storage card for the PS2. Xbox gives you unlimited space for memory.

kildred11
06-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Bait Master@5 June 2003 - 07:50
Well i had all 3 systems. I sold the GC and X-Box to my little bro for half the price i paid for them. I played many games on all 3 systems and i have come to this conclusion: All 3 suck compaired to a PC. I kept the Ps2 mainly to use as a DvD player (and to rent a game every once in a blue moon).

I will say this though, the ONLY thing the Xbox had going for it was better graphics. Even then it wasn't that big of a differance or that big of a deal. Even that it wasn't that big of a deal, i had madden for both the PS2 and Xbox and i would allways play madden on the Ps2 because the controls were better(much more imporant than graphics i must say).

The Xbox itself is utter crap.

At least the PS2 had 2 good things going for it: Better games and a better controller. All and all the PS2 sucks as well.

Just end this retarded topic and throw the Xbox in the garbage can were it belongs :blink:

The only person in denial here is the topic starter.
I guess a built in 8GB HD and ethernet plugin and better graphics and 4 controller ports aren't anything going for it huh?
If you don't care about the graphics then why do you own a PS2. Get an Atari or some old PC with great games of all time.

And to an early post about buying a PS2 and not wanting to go drop $300 on an Xbox. I never said there was anything wrong with you. I owned a PS2 and would still own it if I never heard about the Xbox in the 30 days grace period after I bought this. This place is just about bashing lame escuses PS2 owners are making about why they prefer the Xbox over the PS2. I could care less about a person just saying they have a PS2 just because they prefer it. But to justify that reason with lies is what pisses me off.

Kurdt Kobain
06-05-2003, 05:24 PM

then get an atari

what i was saying is, ps2 graphics are goo enough, you dont need more realistic grass, or some more polygons for someones nose.

Originally posted by terfdurkel@5 June 2003 - 15:58
another denial escuse, controller was conformed to people's likes in tests, when does a controller need to be smaller. I guess people can play better when everything is really small and tiny

a controller doesnt need to be small, it needs to be comfortable

kildred11
06-05-2003, 05:36 PM
exactly, that's why its shaped as it is

Kurdt Kobain
06-05-2003, 05:47 PM
is that why everyone (except the people in denial) hate it?

Cl1mh4224rd
06-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Why are these so-called excuses being called denial?

"I don't like the Xbox controller, so I bought a PS2 instead."
"You're in denial."

Wtf? Who cares? The controller is a legitimate reason to choose one console over another. It all comes down to trust, maybe even brand loyalty, but most of all... opinion and preference, not denial.

Cl1mh4224rd
06-05-2003, 08:08 PM
[Edit: Double post... ]

kildred11
06-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@5 June 2003 - 21:06
Why are these so-called excuses being called denial?

"I don't like the Xbox controller, so I bought a PS2 instead."
"You're in denial."

Wtf? Who cares? The controller is a legitimate reason to choose one console over another. It all comes down to trust, maybe even brand loyalty, but most of all... opinion and preference, not denial.
This is about PS2ers denial, I don't care if you like it better. I just am stating some of the false and illegitament escuses some people make. Read the whole forum first.

kildred11
06-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Chap@12 June 2003 - 19:31
A playstation is not made of the same parts of a PC.

I am sick of idoits coming in and thinking that there system whatever it is. Is dominate to everything else. All it is is all three major companies.They are all working on devoloping the next system.(at least as far as i know) Which will blow us all away. Why u all have to come in here and say yours is better when it is basically the same as all the other systems out. When they come out with a PS3 then it will be the best out but then very soon after Nintendo and I guess Microsoft will come out with theirs making them all the basic same.
Umm... ya I think it is. It just has not as much as a xbox and PC. Gaming consoles are computers made for easy use with the TV. The whole point of the argument was that PS2ers were saying the xbox was a crappy PC. The PS2 has even less computer features on it as a computer does. It's just a lame escuse for anyone to say that a system that has more features than another makes it worse. So I guess they mean to say the PS2 is better because it doesn't have a HD to store saved games?? :blink: :blink:

theprisoner
06-22-2003, 11:37 PM
PC is best----

1. 9700 is been out for 3 months now and the 9800 just came out.
2. Lets face it-if your looking for graphics and speed its the PC
3. Xbox fanboys, Halo is goin to be out on PC in a few months with tons of new features and better multplay. Half-life 2 has FAR better graphics than Halo 2. PS2- GTA 3 and vice city are already out for PC.
4. Their are both Xbox type and PS2 controllers for PC
5. ALL xbox does is streal games from PC
6. PC has FAR FAR better multplay then PS2 and x-box

My system:
2.4 Ghz
512 RDRAM 1066
ATI RADeon 9700 PRO

Busyman
06-22-2003, 11:50 PM
I like the PC for FPS games and those that require typing but that's about it.
Sorry to break some hearts here but the PC primarily looks better because........
IT'S ON A COMPUTER MONITOR. Yes the video card can be upgraded but that's the cost of a console. I have the latest ATI card and it looks great but put my PC WITH the video card on a TV and FART.
I see lots of threads about GTA III and Vice but guess what...I've already beaten them on the PS2. Halo has been beaten as well. I do play it on XBConnect though.
Bottom line is the PC is not leaps and bounds over the Xbox or GC but it does have it's place and I love it. Just because a game is not on a system does not make it an inferior system 'cause Baldur's Gate has been on PC for years and I just beat Dark Alliance on Xbox with Drizzt.

Xilo
06-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Graphics and hardware specs DO NOT make a system. A library full of good, quality games is what makes or breaks a system and that is what the PS2 has. People need to get their head out of their asses and for once, consider that just because something might have better specs or graphics doesn't mean that it's the best system in the world. Hell, some of the best games ever made were in the classic console days and back then, graphics sucked hardcore. But all too often I see retarded, pubecent Xbox users shouting everywhere, "But Xbox has Halo, Halo damnit!!11! Halo is the rulest!!111" I never here any Xbox users talk of any other game besides Halo. That just shows how limited the quality of titles released on the Xbox is. Sure, it does have some good games, but most of them can be found on the PS2, GameCube, or the PC. Microsoft even goes to the effort of bribing developers to publish titles exclusively for the Xbox. Not to say the Xbox is bad or anything, hell I bought one just so I could stick a 120 gig harddrive on there and run Gentoo Linux and have a media library so I can lay in bed and watch divx movies. GameCube users aren't as bad as Xbox uses about console bashing because they are content with what they have and that's all that matters. Each console has its share of quirks. Xbox is fun to mod and has some good titles with the best graphics. GameCube has excellent first party titles with some really unique ideas and good graphics. PS2 has an unmatched extensive library of quality titles. Console bashing is just stupid. It just shows how immature the person really is. To each his own and don't worry about the others. It's what you get out of your console of choice and what you are looking for that matters. Peace out.

gameman
06-23-2003, 12:30 AM
All I have to say is that I have an X-box and a Ps2..I like them both. What the ps2 lacks in graphics it makes up for in games. both systems have there goods and bads but the bottom line is that the ps2 sold a hell of alot on systems then the xbox could even think of doing. Anyway........

XBOX good bad

harddrive to big
graphics (IMO) games(not enough good ones)
XBOX Live

PS2 good bad

games(IMO) no harddrive
comfe controllers online play(except socom)
DVD player(dont cost extra 30dollar mem card

I COULD NAME MORE FOR BOTH SYSTEMS BUT YOU GET WHAT IM SAYING..
only system I hate is the gamecube :rolleyes:

theprisoner
06-23-2003, 01:22 AM
LOL..News flash- you can hook up ATI and Geforce Cards to the TV(its not excally a point)&#33; I hook mine up to 40" HD TV and it looks tight&#33;:P And gameboy, i hardly call my post about PC&#39;s bashing consoles <_< , i just personally like PC. But to each his own, i guess.

Busyman
06-23-2003, 04:24 AM
I have hooked up my PC to the TV but it&#39;s no better than my GC.
Hey Xilo answer this
If I gave you a game and you had a Xbox and PS2.

What system do you think it would be best on?

Xilo your right the PS2 does have waaaay more quality titles that&#39;s why I spend the most time on it. The system itself IS inferior. IT JUST IS. Any new game on all systems gets bought for Xbox.
It&#39;s the only logical choice for a person with all the systems.
Now I recommend that if a person likes specific exclusives get the system that has those exclusives. Xbox users talk about Halo for good reason but.....
Xbox bashers leave out the fact that ANY game on all 3 systems IS BEST ON XBOX.(except Need For Speed Hot Pursuit)
SIMPLE LOGIC IT HAS THE:
BEST GRAPHICS
BEST ONLINE
HARD DRIVE FOR SAVES, LEVELS, CHARACTERS, ETC.
WOULDN&#39;T LIKE A GAME ON THIS SYSTEM THE BEST

SIMPLE LOGIC IF YOU WANT:
GTA III OR VICE CITY
SOCOM
DEVIL MAY CRY,ETC GET A PS2

SIMPLE LOGIC IF YOU WANT:
RESIDENT EVIL 0,AND REMAKE
METROID PRIME
SUPER MARIO
AND STUFF LIKE PIKMIN OR ANIMAL CROSSING GET A GC

I like all the systems including Dreamcast and PC. But PS2 is Microsoft of gaming. Only thing is Windows is the best OS right NOW and no one besides Apple has shown anything better. Windows is already on 96% of computers and everyone is used to it. I personally wouldn&#39;t switch(sorry Apple).
Sony like Microsoft has used excellent marketing and backward compatiblity to ensure it&#39;s user base. Therefore more &#39;software&#39; is made for it. The difference is some of that software is also made for competing systems and is better on those systems (Xbox, GC, AND Dreamcast). Another analogy is Sony is like Iomega. The Zip Drive had cornered the market on removable storage but it wasn&#39;t the best or most cost effective. They had excelent marketing.

I hope Nintendo changes it&#39;s management. Besides the NES and Super NES, they have gone downhill marketing wise. If you remember they were supposed to parter with Sony on a hybrid system then pulled out. They then unleashed a monster when Sony came with the PS1. Then these boneheads come with a cartridge based system, the N64, which can&#39;t have the same graphics capability and cost more :blink: .Now here&#39;s the GC lacking DVD and virtually no online support when everyone else is asking for it. HORRIBLE MARKETING. Yes on the N64 and GC they have good games but look at Sony. Good games ain&#39;t all there is. GC is extinct in certain retail stores already. Even back in N64 time you had flamers talking about "but N64 is quality over quantity" but as a consumer what do I care. The more games you got the better chance of quality games there will be.

I guarantee you this. If Sony comes out with PS3 and it is NOT backward compatible and the Xbox 2 (or whatever) comes near the same time. Microsoft will demolish it. At this backward compatibility and name recognition is the only edge it has. Count on Nintendo to make another dumbass move that will take themselves out of contention. That is all&#33;&#33; ;)

FrStyleKing
06-23-2003, 04:31 AM
there&#39;s nothing really "wrong" with ps2, its just that if you have 2 systems that are the same price, xbox and ps2, and one is newer and more powerfull with more features and will not be replaced very soon, which would you choose? if you&#39;ve had a ps2 before xbox and gamecube came out thats cool, but whats the point in getting it after xbox and gc&#39;s release? that&#39;d be like if you saw 2 cars that are 10,000 dollars, but one&#39;s a saleen mustang and the others just a mustang. and of course ps2 has more games, its been out longer...duh. now that people see the power of the x, its all starting to go microsofts way. I came really close to getting a ps2, then i saw a magazine talking about microsoft making a system, and i decided to wait. it was the best decision i ever made on videogames....besides buying a ps1 over a sega saturn.

Xilo
06-23-2003, 04:46 AM
If I gave you a game and you had a Xbox and PS2.

Depends which one had more features. Some games on the Xbox have more features then the same game on the PS2 or GameCube and some games on the PS2 have more features then the same game on the Xbox or GameCube. My main reason for getting a PS2 and using it the most is because 1) I have a crap load of PS1 games that are still fun to play 2) I love RPGs and Sony&#39;s consoles are the home of RPGs :D 3) There are still plenty of good titles and series that are exlusive to the PS2. Xbox and GameCube owners may sometimes get more features but PS2 owners get most of the games first that are ported to other consoles :lol: so it&#39;s a bit of a trade off. And btw FrStyleKing, not every single game in existance is available on every console. So depending on what types of games you like, that can also warrant what console you chose. For example: PS2 has RPGs, GameCube has originality. Xbox has FPS. It&#39;s just whatever floats your boat.

The Sega Saturn was awesome though. I loved playing Nights Into Dreams and some other games on it :) . Too bad I went and sold it and all my games :( . Btw if anyone has or knows where to find an iso of Nights Into Dreams, give me a hollar. I loved that game, I&#39;d do anything to get the iso :ph34r:

FrStyleKing
06-23-2003, 04:52 AM
I eventually did get a sega saturn, but not until the price was almost nothing. I had nights something....cant remember what it was exactly, i just know it was nights. virtua cop, world series baseball 98 (really good baseball game...i&#39;d play that if there was a saturn emulator) and virtua fighter. I also recently discoverd i had Solid Snake or somthing like that, one of the first metal gear games released on NES.

Yea you&#39;re right about that. The console you buy does relate to your taste in games.

Xilo
06-23-2003, 04:55 AM
Ya, it was Nights Into Dreams (I think that was the full name, I dunno been forever). It was when the new controller came out (the one the Dreamcast controller is based on). I remember going to the store and having my mom getting it when it first came out. It was &#036;70 then :blink: . I loved that game... I wonder if Sega will remake that game seeing as how they are bringing back really old games like Vectorman from Sega Genesis.

Xilo
06-23-2003, 04:56 AM
double post

Jayhawk
06-23-2003, 05:08 AM
this post is still around i figured it would get closed cause of the flaming....

why dont people just let it go cause its personal opinion i mean you have your favorites and your not so favorites everyone is gonna have a different opinion

FrStyleKing
06-23-2003, 05:14 AM
I want one of those Yoshi consoles that that guy made where he took everything out of his pc and took apart an xbox, ps2, gamecube, and an atari or something and put it all back in the pc case and stuff. he customized it so it pretty much looked stock to.

http://www.techtv.com/graphics/thescreensavers/3381858.jpg

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/superge...3381725,00.html (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3381725,00.html)

Busyman
06-23-2003, 05:49 AM
I still play my Namco Museum and Atari Classics games from PS1. NiGHTS was an awesome game. You&#39;ve got me thinking about getting a Saturn again. I keep thinking they bring the game out on a current system though.

3RA1N1AC
06-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Xilo@22 June 2003 - 16:27
Graphics and hardware specs DO NOT make a system. A library full of good, quality games is what makes or breaks a system and that is what the PS2 has.
good god. it took 9 pages of complete retardedness before someone could say something so obvious, that makes so much sense? a powerful system without good games is like a sports car without a good road to drive it on... you can brag all you want to your neighbor about how much you paid and how much horsepower it has, but if you can only ever drive it to the supermarket to buy milk then you got ripped off.

so... yeah... powerful hardware is just a pile of crap if the software sucks. *ahem*DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball*ahem*

-Just Plain Raze-
06-23-2003, 09:25 AM
*clears throat* I am a PS2 freak.. uhh.. and a gamcube, ps1 and xbox freak as well.. and I&#39;m not ashamed to say it.

the DOA extreme beach volleyball is a great game

Busyman
06-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Never played it. And I neither has 3rainiac I bet.
But oh god it has been said before 3rainiac.
All the systems have good &#39;software&#39;.
Hell every game made for all the systems is better on Xbox then GC then PS2.
So 3rainiac you can stop buttering Xilo&#39;s balls. There was no revelation.

Jayhawk
06-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by FrStyleKing@23 June 2003 - 00:14
I want one of those Yoshi consoles that that guy made where he took everything out of his pc and took apart an xbox, ps2, gamecube, and an atari or something and put it all back in the pc case and stuff. he customized it so it pretty much looked stock to.

http://www.techtv.com/graphics/thescreensavers/3381858.jpg

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/superge...3381725,00.html (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3381725,00.html)
that is pretty cool

3RA1N1AC
06-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Just Plain Raze-+23 June 2003 - 01:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Just Plain Raze- &#064; 23 June 2003 - 01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the DOA extreme beach volleyball is a great game [/b]
there&#39;s no such thing as a great DOA game. that would be an oxymoron.

<!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@23 June 2003 - 02:25

So 3rainiac you can stop buttering Xilo&#39;s balls. There was no revelation.[/quote]
bill gates just called. he said to tell you to quit jocking him so hard. and there&#39;s no need to put "software" in quotes like it&#39;s some totally crazy term i made up. games = software. bill gates prolly should&#39;ve explained that to you while you were all over his nuts.

Busyman
06-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Where&#39;d you get that. I play PS2 more than Xbox (as I&#39;ve said b4). I play all the systems though and when I play a game on Xbox that&#39;s on other systems also, it&#39;s better on Xbox. Folks that jock hard are ones that can&#39;t get that some systems are better for certain things than others. simple ;) (even their cherished systems that they go to bed with). If PS3 comes b4 the next Xbox it will better than the X and I&#39;ll say the same thing about PS3 games. Then I&#39;ll get an Xbox blowhard saying what your&#39;re saying. You guys kill me :lol: .

Play what&#39;s best for the best and leave the rest.
Answer the question?
If you had all the systems and could get a game that&#39;s on all 3 systems which system would you get it for?

The gameplay is the same,there are no extra levels.

3RA1N1AC
06-25-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@24 June 2003 - 15:50
If you had all the systems and could get a game that&#39;s on all 3 systems which system would you get it for?
the easy answer, and prolly the one you&#39;re fishing for, would be "the one with the best graphics."

but if i read a bunch of reviews that say the control scheme or the responsiveness on the best looking one are worse, i might settle for the one with worse graphics. if the better looking one were 20 bucks more than the worse looking one, i might consider that.

"the gameplay is the same" isn&#39;t always an assumption you can make, because it can be awfully tricky for programmers to reproduce the exact same experience across platforms. i&#39;m sure there have been plenty of games where the controls were great on one console&#39;s version and sucked on another&#39;s... or in the case of a series like resident evil, the controls suck no matter what system it&#39;s on.

i fully agree that xbox is a more powerful console than ps2, and that the graphics are nicer, cleaner and more complex. but i don&#39;t agree that just because splinter cell or enter the matrix looks best on xbox, it&#39;s proof that xbox is a superior system. that&#39;s based on two problems: A] the selection of exclusive software is what distinguishes the system, B] there&#39;s the problem of the "quickie port." i&#39;m sure most people have some experience with quickie ports... where a game is spectacular on the system it was designed for, and then some no-name developer (or a notorious shovelware publisher like Acclaim) converts it to another system and it ends up looking like crap, playing like crap, and just showing all the signs of being a quickie conversion that didn&#39;t have the proper effort put into it.

the quickie port is the drawback to the PCs-r-better-than-consoles-&#39;cuz-teh-grafx-r-better argument, and that&#39;s the drawback to the Xbox-is-better-than-PS2-just-because-of-graphics argument. if some PC guy says playstation 2 sucks because the ps2 version of Max Payne is worse than the PC original, does that hold much water? or if a PC guy says Xbox sucks because Return To Wolfenstein is better on PC? you have to compare the best of one system vs. the best of another, not the best of one system vs. the probably rushed low-budget conversion to another.

i haven&#39;t even stated a preference for one system or the other, i&#39;m just saying that the reasoning behind the argument is poor. it&#39;s like the Mac vs PC debate, where everyone goes "well, PC has 3ghz CPUs and GeForce FX blah blah blah, so it&#39;s automatically better." nonsense. the better one is the one that does what you want it to do, the way you want it done.

Busyman
06-25-2003, 05:28 AM
There is only 1 game that sucks on the X that the others have as well. Just 1.

What&#39;s your answer now?
All of the games I played on multiple systems (the big 3) have the same control scheme. So what now.
The obvious answer IS in front of you.
I&#39;m not in any way trying to tell people to ditch their respective systems.
The PS2 has most of the good games. OK. Do I want to play games on the PS2. No.
Do I have a choice.

Unfortunately...no
Why it not the BEST to play them on.
USB 1.0 or Firewire. Which was better? Firewire. Did most people know that? No. Why? Marketing. USB had bigger balls backing them thus became more ubiquitous. Firewire became a niche product mostly for digital cameras. When at the time it was faster than USB. PS2 is the same way. It pains me that Castlevania won&#39;t be coming to the X. It still looks great but.... it could be better.

Hey you buy Splinter Cell for the PS2,I&#39;ll buy it for Xbox.
You get easier game, an extra easy level (power plant)
I&#39;ll get the Kola Cell level, a harder game, and way better graphics.
and uhhhh... they play the same except for difficulty
other "ports"
Spiderman
Baldur&#39;s Gate Dark Alliance
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Clone Wars
Mech Assault
007 Nightfire
Spy Hunter
they just keep coming I can&#39;t name all the ports but any one I can think of
is better so where should my &#036;50 go

CadeLaguana
06-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Sorry guys, Most of you know me and You know that I usually don&#39;t get to angry, I&#39;m a nice, 17 year old guy. I have a girlfriend and I eat pizza and vacum my floor. There&#39;s only one thing I&#39;d like to say about the information I just said, and this topic....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/whocares3.jpg

Let me clear something up for you all&#33; NO ONE CARES FOR EACH OF YOUR OPINIONS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t express how much anger and annoynce I am from your posts. GROW UP FOOLS&#33; I know this I&#39;m not suppossed to come in here and say this crap but someone needs too. This shit has been going on in this forum forever&#33;&#33;&#33; IT WILL STILL GO ON WITH PS3 and the next xbox, nintendo. There will always be a number one system that has better hardware than the others. As that system gets more games a new system comes with better hardware. That one has better stuff but not as much games since the previous console was there first. YOU HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS BABBLING ON ABOUT THIS THAT THIS THAT SHUT UP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I don&#39;t really care if most of you hate me after this. Hate me if you want. I&#39;m not going to continue on a argument. NO MORE OF THESE TOPICS. It was ok for this one but if anymore of you IDIOTS starts another one of these topics unless its to talk about how nice these new systems are going to be, or interesting stuff on how a guy put all systems into a computer (witch I think is bad ass ;) ) I&#39;m personally going to come to your house, EAT A BIG BOWL OF CHILI, and come USE YOUR SHITTER. You may not think thats a very bad punishment but belive me when I say: It smells like I ate road kill, shit that out, stir that in a blender with dead possim, and deer guts, ate that raw, then shit that and repeated the process 10 times untill the smell was ready. I want to say to you all what you want to say about my lame ass jokes....WHO CARES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

STOP IT....NO MORE .....

I said no more posts&#33;

.Don&#39;t even think about it....We have all said are opinions and we all know we don&#39;t like each others ones, so dont read here anymore&#33; Stop complaning. The facts have been stated now go to hell&#33;

LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS. PLAY NICE.

AND REMEMBER IF YOU ASK ME IF YOU CAN POST ANOTHER ONE OF THESE POSTS, I"LL SAY:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/negative7.jpg

3RA1N1AC
06-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@24 June 2003 - 21:28
USB 1.0 or Firewire. Which was better? Firewire. Did most people know that? No. Why? Marketing. USB had bigger balls backing them thus became more ubiquitous. Firewire became a niche product mostly for digital cameras. When at the time it was faster than USB.
spurious argument. USB 1.0/1.1 became the low-bandwidth standard because it costs basically nothing to manufacture and install, compared to Firewire. why in the world would companies spend extra money on every single computer to install Firewire controller chips, just so joe average can plug his mouse into it? Firewire is a niche product because high bandwidth peripherals are a niche product. and Firewire *is* currently beating the tar out of USB 2 in terms of popularity.

you&#39;re trying to make a VHS vs Betamax comparison, but it doesn&#39;t apply.

Busyman
06-26-2003, 06:37 PM
1st off all of you calling folks immature are shoveling the same crap you claim is being directed at you. This amuses me. Trust me.

2nd off if ya don&#39;t like a topic or post DON&#39;T FU@#ING POST BACK&#33;&#33;&#33; It will sink to the bottom of nothingness.

DUH :blink:

This topic was a flamer just by looking at the title and all of you flocked to it (9 pages worth). In Bookworld someone had a topic &#39;All books suck&#39; and it&#39;s the leading topic there. :lol:

So while ANY of you TEENAGERS (AND SOME OF YOU ARE) get to calling names, threats (in suburbia THINKING your straight street or something), or anything else
this shit stays here but.....
TAKE THIS ADVICE TO OTHER TOPICS

Thank ya&#39;ll for coming. Good Night. ;)

bulio
07-07-2003, 11:49 PM
ps2 rocks it has the best games and the ps3 will be the best system&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Xilo
07-08-2003, 12:42 AM
I can&#39;t believe this isn&#39;t locked yet...

Busyman
07-08-2003, 01:52 AM
I know I know <_<

sum_sicko
07-08-2003, 11:28 AM
i have a ps2 and an xbox, i think there just the same just that certain games come out for both consoles

e.g. ps2 metal gear solid

xbox: halo

Kinslayer2000
07-08-2003, 09:29 PM
This thread is like an idiot magnet. One idiot starts a thread and all the other idiots who come to this board have to post too. Not everyone who posted made an fool of themselves, but it seems a majority did(then again, I couldn&#39;t make myself read the whole thread so maybe I am wrong, forgive me if I am).

Well lets see if I at least can come up with an intelligent reply.

The people who bought a PS2 are not in denial about anything. The PS2 may not be the big boy in town when it comes to graphics but if you ask any REAL gamer about how much graphical prowess matters in the long run you will see that it doesn&#39;t How many hundreds of games out there have nice graphics but have gameplay that is total shit? I would list them but then this post would take up more space then is allowed I am sure. Graphics do not mean ANYTHING in the long run as far as the quality of a console or its games. Your arguments to the contrary are not worth the cyberspace that they take up.

The quality of the games on the PS2 have proven time and again which console is the best in this generation. The amount of games that are actually fun(which means that they have great gameplay, not great graphics just in case that point hasn&#39;t gotten across yet)on the PS2 compared to the Xbox and Gamecube is pretty embarassing for Nintendo and Microsoft. If you look at all the best games since the console wars started you will find that the majority belong to Sony or at least belonged to Sony first. Metal Gear Solid 2, GTA3, GTA VC, Virtua Fighter 4, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga, Gran Turismo 3, Ratchet and Clank, Devil May Cry, Twisted Metal Black, Suikoden III, ect.

When you think of Xbox the first thing you think of is Halo, and then you think of . . . . . . . . well, nevermind, I can not seem to recall any great Xbox only games besides Halo at the moment. I am sure they are there, but the simple fact is that there arent many. Gamecube has more memorable games than the Xbox, and it is currently third place in the console wars. So, when it comes to the area that matters most in gaming, gameplay, the PS2 wins hands down.

Now, about online play. Xbox most certainly has the best online component. No one can argue that. But, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. And you pay for Xbox Live. Not just the &#036;50 a year or whatever it is for the service, but also for the modem and hard drive, and the broadband service required to use it. The truth is, the PS2&#39;s online component can not compare with Xbox Live as far as quality, but it wins hands down on the area of affordability. Besides, online play is not going to be a big factor in this console generation. The next generation of consoles will tell the real story of who will ultimatly win in that department.

If you consider DVD play back important in your gaming system then Xbox probably wins there too. However, I dont know too many people who buy an Xbox or PS2 who think "Oh, I&#39;m going to buy an Xbox so I can watch DVDs, that whole gaming thing might be fun too but I&#39;ll worry about that later". No, it&#39;s just the opposite. The DVD playback is just a nice little extra feature, and really, the only people who are going to care too terribly much over which player has what options and better playback are those who are hardcore into the whole thing. Most of the people who own these consoles rent a movie they want to see, stick the disk in, watch the movie, and return it to the video store. They don&#39;t care is this player does that option or what not. They just want to watch the damn movie.

Finally, I&#39;m getting kind of worried about the English language. It seems lately(or maybe I am just reading to many message boards)that no one much cares if what they write(or in this case type)can be understood by anyone. I guess the majority of people posting to boards like this one didn&#39;t pay too much attention in English class.

Twist3r
07-08-2003, 09:48 PM
can we just stop replying to this topic or a mod lock it please

Busyman
07-08-2003, 11:27 PM
CAN A MOD PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD WE&#39;VE GOT IDIOTS CALLING IDIOTS AND SAYING THE SAME CRAP THAT&#39;S BEEN SAID LIKE IT&#39;S PROFOUND (WROTE A LONG REPLY TOO). I THOUGHT THIS WAS GONE BUT BULIO REACHED INTO THE BOTTOM OF SHIT AND PULLED IT BACK OUT.

PLEEEEAAASEEE LOCK IT?