PDA

View Full Version : Please Give Advice

WeeMouse
06-04-2003, 07:41 AM
A few weeks ago, I was trying to print out important documents when my wee printer just suddenly stopped printing and made a strange grinding, whining noise. I've had it for two years and it's an Epson Stylus C20SX (I think...).

Lamsey checked it out and it seems like the bit that scoots back and forth and does the printing is stuck, but can't seem to get unstuck.

Sorry about my not very helpful descriptions :lol: I just thought some of you smart cookies may know what Lamsey can do to save my printer!

:) Thanx for listening! :)

balamm
06-04-2003, 07:59 AM
oooohhhh....... Grinding whining noises are not good! Nylon gears do that when there's not enough tooth left to engage. Maybe try winding the motor and gears backwards manually and inspect the carriage gears. They should be replaceable. If that doesn't work, I've found a six foot drop onto a hard surface is a good last resort lol.

WeeMouse
06-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by balamm@4 June 2003 - 08:59
If that doesn't work, I've found a six foot drop onto a hard surface is a good last resort lol.
:lol:

i'll keep that in mind!
Thanx for the advice :)

Lamsey
06-04-2003, 09:18 PM
The carriage does not move, even when i pull on it. It sounds like the motor is fecked and it would probably be cheaper buying a new printer than getting this one repaired.

ooo
06-04-2003, 09:26 PM
i dunt like epson's now... once one ink cartiage goes bad you cant use the printer till both are working !!!!! i hate that... older ones seem to last longer

--> printer cost 50 dollars
--> black ink + color ink 40 dollars ARGGGGGGG!

that totally sucks

my epson 600 doesnt print out its blue ink... tried using hte cleaning thing on the computer and wasted one whole color ink cartiage and it still doesnt work :(