PDA

View Full Version : Direct Connect

Pitbul
06-04-2003, 01:32 PM
umm i was wondering what this is? i been looking for a kinda old game Motocross Madness 2 and was wondering what Direct Connect is and fi its n e good i found it on E-mule with like a crap load of sources but its downloading at less then 1 KB and looking for other places that might have it.

MagicNakor
06-04-2003, 10:22 PM
Direct Connect is just another P2P program. It might have what you're looking for, there's a lot of hubs to choose from.

:ninja:

Kevhead2
06-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Direct connect is not firewall friendly. but otherwise its a great program.

You join user created Hubs. and if you dont meet the minimum requirements to be on the Hub (GB files shared) then you get booted.

So people are FORCED to share or get their leaching ass booted off. its a great system.

And the key to getting fast downloads on eMule or eDonkey is to have a high upload. that network works on a systems that rewards people for uploading.

The faster you upload the higher you are placed in Que. and the faster download rate you will get.

I get about 10-15Kbs most of the time. sometimes i drop down to 5-10kbs....once in a while ill get close to 100kbs

MagicNakor
06-05-2003, 03:01 AM
Never had a problem with DC and my firewall.

It's all about the configuration, baby. ;)

Kevhead2
06-05-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@5 June 2003 - 03:01
Never had a problem with DC and my firewall.

It's all about the configuration, baby. ;)

DC tells you if your behind a firewall you will only be able to search for files on your hub, if your not behind a firewall you can search all hubs.

So you may not realize how much more you could be getting