PDA

View Full Version : Totally Stop People From Copying My Website

Penis Monkey
06-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Ho can I Totally Stop People From Copying My Website?
I have a right-click disable but one of my stupid mates has gone and copied the source code and put it on his stupid 20m site. Luckily he hasn't got the hyperlinks working and hasn't got the pics, but could someone tell me how to completely protect my site?

spudlover
06-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Penis Monkey@4 June 2003 - 15:54
Ho can I Totally Stop People From Copying My Website?
You can't.

VB
06-04-2003, 04:12 PM
You can't.

Ynhockey
06-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Use ASP. There's really no other way that i know of... and ASP sucks. TRShady already asked this question before, if you remember. And your 'mate' must be indeed stupid if he couldn't even get the pics working :rolleyes: and if he copied your site, didn't he leave your name as the creator ? Or you didn't put it in ?

Penis Monkey
06-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Ynhockey@4 June 2003 - 17:13
Use ASP. There's really no other way that i know of... and ASP sucks. TRShady already asked this question before, if you remember. And your 'mate' must be indeed stupid if he couldn't even get the pics working :rolleyes: and if he copied your site, didn't he leave your name as the creator ? Or you didn't put it in ?
I do remember.
Anyway, what is ASP?
He altered my name from Lee Machin to Lee Machine and put I am gay.
I can't edit his site because I don't know his password to access it and all he did was copy the source code, nothing else.

Penis Monkey
06-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Ynhockey@4 June 2003 - 17:13
Oh yes. He is crap with computers. We recently did an Office Apps test Higher Tier (UK) an dhe found it hard. It was too easy, too easy.

Ynhockey
06-04-2003, 05:11 PM
ASP stands for Active Server Pages. It's an internet technology and uses the VBScript language. It's usually compared to PHP because they have similar functionality, however, they're different and PHP is better (ASP is from M$). I think you can also hide the code in PHP, however, i've been able to find it in many pages, so i'm not sure about that. I don't really know PHP, anyway. www.php.net has a guide for PHP. I found a good ASP guide a while ago, but forgot where it was... so this is the best i could find right now: http://www.greew.freeserve.co.uk/ASp82Guide/main.html i'll still try to look further tho, 'cause right now i need one too.

Penis Monkey
06-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Ynhockey@4 June 2003 - 18:11
ASP stands for Active Server Pages. It's an internet technology and uses the VBScript language. It's usually compared to PHP because they have similar functionality, however, they're different and PHP is better (ASP is from M$). I think you can also hide the code in PHP, however, i've been able to find it in many pages, so i'm not sure about that. I don't really know PHP, anyway. www.php.net has a guide for PHP. I found a good ASP guide a while ago, but forgot where it was... so this is the best i could find right now: http://www.greew.freeserve.co.uk/ASp82Guide/main.html i'll still try to look further tho, 'cause right now i need one too.
Do you know any FREE sites where I can uploads my site? GeoCities doesn't accept ASP or PHP.

Ynhockey
06-04-2003, 06:13 PM
I'm afraid not... you'll be very lucky if you find free hosting with anything better than CGI support. I think dk3.com MIGHT support PHP or ASP but that host really sucks (virii, popups, etc.). But anyway, almost everything you do on ASP/PHP has to do with either M$Access or MySQL databases and no free host will give you that... at least none that i know of.

VB
06-04-2003, 06:41 PM
With ASP you can't hide any content that is actually displayed. It will only hide server-side scripts.

ObiWan
06-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Penis Monkey@4 June 2003 - 17:25
Do you know any FREE sites where I can uploads my site? GeoCities doesn't accept ASP or PHP.
You could try www.coolfreepages.com (http://www.coolfreepages.com)

twise
06-04-2003, 08:47 PM
There's hardly a way to protect your site except turning it off. If it's targeted at a closed audience, you may use server-side scripts (like PHP or ASP) to set up user authentication or check the IP of the remote computers. If the site is freely accessible, it can be easily duplicated using programs like Teleport Pro.

ooo
06-04-2003, 09:08 PM
there was already a post about this by trshady... try using the search to look for it...