PDA

View Full Version : Emule Mods

stoi
06-04-2003, 06:01 PM
ive got the sivka one of these and im getting a constant 61KBs about half my max connection, and im only sharing what i am downloading as well so they are definately worth a look.

get them from Emule Mods (http://www.chez.com/theworld/indexen.html)

Mods: if this link isnt allowed for some reason feel free to delete it.

stoi

Colt Seevers
06-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah I just checked my emule earlier today..... does this mod have the option to spam other users about it? Cos I just got a four messages from different sources advertising this Mod.....which instantly put me off it! :unsure:

So your getting good results from it then Stoi? Maybe I will give it a go.

But whats the deal with "steal user hash" ? Whats that all about?

hmm

stoi
06-04-2003, 07:02 PM
i never got the mison one, i just have the sivka one underneath that, so im not sure of the extra features, i might give it a go though after the downlods i have going finish.

stoi

thisiswhoweare
06-04-2003, 07:37 PM
i seriously suggest that you dont try them out.
They will just damage the network, and we'll end up with another kazaa and it's "more sources needed".
:angry:
stealing a usershash is a big no no, and is for freggin leechers.

jetje
06-04-2003, 07:52 PM
just to make sure Stoi... think this is the right room for posting this. I see no harm in it, just some good info for emule users... :)

stoi
06-04-2003, 07:56 PM
so im a leech then, basically all i am sharing is what i am downloading which suites me right down to the grond, but instead of it making it like kazaa it might make it like newsgroups, good stuff at fast speeds and that has to be good for filesharing in general so if you dont want to use it then dont, its your decision, and thanx jetje, i thought it would be ok but just had to be sure. basicaly all i am

thisiswhoweare
06-04-2003, 10:57 PM
leechers are in a sense people who download and then don't share. Even though your sharing incomplete files, as soon as it becomes complete, what are the chances people will begin to share them???
If no-one shares or few people share, the network will suffer.

I'm totally against this. Some of those mods have even sent out spam messages to emule users promoting that site.

All i'm saying is this might be good for newbies and people who want to take and not give, but in the long run, everyone will suffer.

stoi
06-04-2003, 11:39 PM
I do know what a leecher is (as i am one) i used to share a lot, as i have posted many a verified on here and even shared games on kazaa and emule that didnt even work on my pc for months at a time, but one day i woke up and though WTF am i doing, im going to do this for me now and no one else, if tht makes me scum then so be it, i couldnt realy give a monkeys what you or anyone else thinks of me, but a i use Newsgroups and irc and many ppl on this forum do, and to use these you dont have to share 1KB of stuff, and they have lasted ok over the years and probably will do for years to come long after kazaa and emule have ceased to exist.

Just because i dont share on emule doesnt mean that the p2p world is going to end, even if 50% of ppl use these mods files will still get spread quickly by ppl on fast connections with huge servers behind them, so i doubt that me or even a few thousand others are going to bring the whole p2p down in one fell swoop.

Also im not realy bothered about spamming, ive got a couple and all you do is hust close the window its not that bleeding hard.

stoi.

thisiswhoweare
06-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Fair enough <_<

sharedholder
06-05-2003, 05:01 PM
I downloaded the sivka and does not install .Any ideea why ?

sharedholder
06-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Stoi help me .

stoi
06-05-2003, 08:08 PM
ok what i did, but no doubt there is an easier way of doing this, is i made a back up of all my temp and complete files in emule, uninstalled emule, made the emule folder again copied the mod into it and double clicked it, this will give you everything including temp/incoming, closed down the sivka mod, copied all the part and complete files into these folders, restarted the mod and they are all there. then i made a desktop icon and then sent it to the start menu, so i can open emule from the start menu as well.

The only draw back with doing it this way (as it doesnt install so doesnt right anything to the registry) is that if you go to www.shareactor.com and select a game that is multiple cds, and select all links to be added only the first link will be added into the mod and windows and internet explorer will come up with errors, so you have to do the links individually (you still get errors but it does go into the transfer window).

But the speeds i have been getting more than make up for this. i have heard the all you do is copy the .exe for the mod into the emule folder (ao you replace the original .exe with the modded version and run it from there, but i havnt tried that as i didnt fancy losing all my downloads/part files incase it went wrong.

Hope this helps

stoi

ugluk
06-05-2003, 09:34 PM
that is not the sivka mod. that is a modded sivka mod&#33;&#33; the real sivka/athlazan can be found at the eMule Board (http://www.emule-project.net/board/index.php)&#39;s mod section.

i suspect this mod you&#39;re talking about is the Mison Mod, a very evil mod, that in fact, hurts the ed2k network. PLEASE don&#39;t use this mod&#33; one user less using it DOES count. (the mod spams all users it connects too.) :angry: (and Jetje, the link to it should be removed, even though the site is down. mods like this one should NOT get promoted in any way&#33;)

this mod is being discussed on the emule board, look here for instance: http://www.emule-project.net/board/index.p...=ST&f=2&t=20365 (http://www.emule-project.net/board/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=20365)

anyway stoi, if you dont want to play fair on a p2p network such as ed2k, then i suggest you don&#39;t use it.
or i will consider you a hated enemy from this day forward. :pirate:

but one day i woke up and though WTF am i doing, im going to do this for me now and no one else, if tht makes me scum then so be it, i couldnt realy give a monkeys what you or anyone else thinks of me, but a i use Newsgroups and irc and many ppl on this forum do, and to use these you dont have to share 1KB of stuff, and they have lasted ok over the years and probably will do for years to come long after kazaa and emule have ceased to exist

yes, you are not expected to share back on IRC. but then again, IRC is NOT a filesharing network... edonkey2000 is. so is fasttrack. and that&#39;s just the way it is, dumbass.