PDA

View Full Version : Help: Threatening E Mail ?

SeMiNaRyMaN
06-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Just got a threatening letter from the DMCA stating that I was violating copyright infringement and that if I did not stop they would shut my internet service down. The letter had my ip address, my internet service provider's name, a copy of my agreement with my ISP, and a very detailed list of items I have downloaded from Kazaa, and obviousley my e-mail address :angry:

How did they get all that info? Especially the specific material I downloaded? I'm running a great firewall program, not a cheep version! I FEEL VIOLATED :huh:

Is there anything out there (software) that will keep people out of my personal life?

HELP!

Can they really do everything they promised??????

Ghetto...
06-04-2003, 08:28 PM
If you hide/discard the fiels say a cd or something they cant do shit, no way to prove it. Also isnt it illegal to follow someones activities on the internet?

sharedholder
06-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Take a look here http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=13&t=35966 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=35966)

tite-wad
06-04-2003, 09:08 PM
http://www.w3.org/Icons/blank.gif

jetje
06-05-2003, 04:44 AM
they're almost everytime fake,

To see what you have, copy the content of the e-mail on the board... also copy the header of the e-mail on the board, only hide your personal info... Maybe then people can help you.. B)

reopened at users request

raydeen54
06-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by SeMiNaRyMaN@4 June 2003 - 20:23
Just got a threatening letter from the DMCA stating that I was violating copyright infringement and that if I did not stop they would shut my internet service down. The letter had my ip address, my internet service provider's name, a copy of my agreement with my ISP, and a very detailed list of items I have downloaded from Kazaa, and obviousley my e-mail address :angry:

How did they get all that info? Especially the specific material I downloaded? I'm running a great firewall program, not a cheep version! I FEEL VIOLATED :huh:

Is there anything out there (software) that will keep people out of my personal life?

HELP!

you can download a dummy file on k-lite down loads I think that will help you.

raydeen54
06-05-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by raydeen54+5 June 2003 - 05:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raydeen54 @ 5 June 2003 - 05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SeMiNaRyMaN@4 June 2003 - 20:23
Just got a threatening letter from the DMCA stating that I was violating copyright infringement and that if I did not stop they would shut my internet service down.&nbsp; The letter had my ip address, my internet service provider&#39;s name, a copy of my agreement with my ISP, and a very detailed list of items I have downloaded from Kazaa, and obviousley my e-mail address :angry:

How did they get all that info?&nbsp; Especially the specific material I downloaded?&nbsp; I&#39;m running a great firewall program, not a cheep version&#33;&nbsp; I FEEL VIOLATED :huh:

HELP&#33;

you can download a dummy file on k-lite down loads I think that will help you. [/b][/quote]
ok on the dummy file well I think I told you wrong. I open my file and read the FAQ and it did&#39;ent say that it will help you from people geting into your files to see what you have down loaded . I am sorry about misleading you. :(

Schmiggy_JK23
06-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by jetje@4 June 2003 - 23:44
they&#39;re almost everytime fake,

To see what you have, copy the content of the e-mail on the board... also copy the header of the e-mail on the board, only hide your personal info... Maybe then people can help you.. B)

reopened at users request
no they arent... trust me... see the thread posted a few posts up.

you can say that all you want, till it happens to you. :D

there are real ones... and as well respected member of this community, i would expect people would believe me. I wish i could get that damn scanner working. ;)

i have been pirating for 8 years now, believe me, it was quite a surprise to get the call from my isp, then a letter....