PDA

View Full Version : Norton Utilities (norton Windoctor)

MusicChick
06-05-2003, 06:27 AM
I've been having error messages all over the place and I was wondering, how good is Norton Utilities? First of all, is it Norton Utilities or Norton WinDoctor? I don't want my computer to crash, and programs like this make me a little nervous.

Does anyone use this program and does it help with errors and not cause your computer to crash? Someone out there have some good feedback on this program, or possibly any good program to fix computer problems? ;)

sharedholder
06-05-2003, 06:35 AM
Norton Win Doctor is a part of Norton Utilities .I used time ago NU and my pc works fine.

Info http://www.monkeyreview.com/reviews/review.php?num=59

shn
06-05-2003, 07:32 AM
B)

zapjb
06-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Norton WinDoctor is great. If something goes wrong it's not WD's fault. It's not one of those phoney baloney programs. Having said that if your system is too buggy or faulty already it could be too late for WD to help. Might be time to reinstall the OS then. :( There is NO magic wand but IMO NWD come's the closest. GL. :)

oldjagman
06-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Is it just NU or are you using Norton Anti-virus as well?

If you are and your os is xp then you may get problems if the whole lot is not installed correctly.

To do this you need to perform a clean uninstall and re-install. This is a lengthy business and I cannot go through it here. If you think this may help go to the Symantec site and follow the trail through support to knowledge base and look for uninstall NAV in xp.