PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mudders Day

peat moss
05-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi guys and girls , hope you phoned your mom today . I tried but she must be out having breakfast or enjoying a piece of tail . Ewww what a thought . :D

Hairbautt
05-13-2007, 04:01 PM
:dabs: ^

Got mine a 100 dolla' gift card to Belks (with Mother's Day card, Hallmark, ftw) and I'm taking her out for lunch with my sisters.

That's 'bout it.

Mr. Mulder
05-13-2007, 04:34 PM
oh fuck its mothersday!1? :o

Mr. Mulder
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
wait no its not <_<

Virtualbody1234
05-13-2007, 04:53 PM
wait no its not <_<

Perhaps not on Caprica.

peat moss
05-13-2007, 06:09 PM
wait no its not <_<

Not meant to be confused with Mulder's Day of course . :happy:

Mathea
05-13-2007, 06:34 PM
I saw mine yesterday... and rang her today.

When's Mulder's Day? Have I got a gift for him!!!!

snowultra
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
am i the only one who went to lunch with there mother?

Virtualbody1234
05-13-2007, 09:56 PM
... with there mother?

Where?

Barbarossa
05-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Why do merkins celebrate mothers day on the wrong day. :blink:

I actually don't know. Could someone do the honours and find out for me?

Ta :kiss:

Snee
05-13-2007, 10:45 PM
You all have it wrong. Fact.

Hairbautt
05-13-2007, 11:14 PM
...and I'm taking her out for lunch with my sisters.
am i the only one who went to lunch with there mother?:dry:

... with there mother?

Where?
Oh...:dabs:

Snee
05-14-2007, 12:50 AM
According to Swedish wikipedia, mother's day was "invented" by a merkin, and adopted by the UK. Haha.

It's not as if different (sometimes unrelated) practices have existed for centuries before there even was a USA, or anything.

And anyways, down with the insidious matriarchy, I say.

Barbarossa
05-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Bah, you made me look it up. :pinch:

The English version of wikipedia says the complete opposite :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothers_day

The United States, Mother's Day was copied from England by social activist Julia Ward Howe after the American Civil War. Howe wrote the Mother's Day Proclamation. In the UK, the day now simply celebrates motherhood and thanking mothers. According to the National Restaurant Association, Mother's Day is now the most popular day of the year to dine out at a restaurant in the United States.

Mothering Sunday in Britain

Mothering Sunday, commonly called "Mothers' Day" in the United Kingdom, has no direct connection to the American practice. It falls on the fourth Sunday of Lent (exactly three weeks before Easter Sunday). It is believed to have originated from the 16th century Christian practice of visiting one's mother church annually, which meant that most mothers would be reunited with their children on this day. Most historians believe that young apprentices and young women in servitude were released by their masters that weekend in order to visit their families. As a result of secularisation, it is now principally used to celebrate and give thanks for mothers, although it is still recognized in the historical sense by some churches, with attention paid to Mary the mother of Jesus as well as the traditional concept 'mother church'.

Mr. Mulder
05-14-2007, 08:54 AM
yeah :snooty:

brotherdoobie
05-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Meh.

-bd

Snee
05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I added a link to the english article about mother's day to the swedish article. (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mors_dag#Se_.C3.A4ven)

That should confuse the motherfuckers.

Also, if some moron gets it into their head that it isn't necessary, they'll have to check up on the english article first, I hope.

Snee
05-16-2007, 09:53 PM
No one has touched it yet :unsure:

I expected that it'd make someone notice. Maybe someone will when it's Mother's Day here.

I thought about editing the whole article, but I can't be arsed to look things up* in an independent and simultaneously reliable source, and I don't think basing an article on wikipedia on wikipedia alone is a good idea.

*So I can refer to those properly, I mean.