PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite takeaway dish? Hmm?

jimbo12345
05-16-2007, 03:23 AM
What your favorite DISH, not style.

I.e. don't say "Indian" :frusty: for example.

Say Chicken Vindaloo and Chips. Just one. No 3 course meals you fat people out there.

lazyme
05-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Pav Bhaji

brotherdoobie
05-16-2007, 04:28 AM
Meatloaf.

-bd

Mathea
05-16-2007, 04:54 AM
chicken tikka masala

brotherdoobie
05-16-2007, 05:00 AM
I've never tried it. I take it...that it's yummy?
What is it? :unsure:

-bd

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Cashew gai ding.

:shuriken:

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 05:32 AM
It is good, provided you like Indian food.

brotherdoobie
05-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Nakor,is it spicy hawt? How are you doing,friend?

Peace bd

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Well, the Indian place here makes you put number with your order indicating how hot you want it...IIRC 1=medium 2=hot 3=spicy hot. ;)

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Not so great, but I'm rather drunk so I guess I'm okay for tonight. :P

brotherdoobie
05-16-2007, 06:17 AM
How do you eat it...number three?

-bd :flamehide

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Depends who is ordering it. If it's me, I go with 1 because I'm a wuss, but if it's my other half it usually comes 2 or 3...it's always a surprise. :x

brotherdoobie
05-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Ouch! Do they have .5

-bd :pussy:

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 06:48 AM
I haven't asked. :P

brotherdoobie
05-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Have you ever drank Bushmills,Nakor?
It's an Irish whiskey...and it's grand!

-bd :whiskey:

Gripper
05-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Chicken Jalfrezi,Special rice,onion bhajis and keema nan.

brotherdoobie
05-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Chicken Jalfrezi,Special rice,onion bhajis and keema nan.

What country is this dish native to? I'm suspecting it's
Indian in nature?

-bd

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Nope, don't like whiskey. Closest I'll have is Bailey's.

Gripper
05-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Yep thats my favourite Indian meal at the moment,my fave English dish is Medium fillet steak,new potatoes with butter on them mushrooms and fresh petit pois with butter on.

Gripper
05-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Nope, don't like whiskey. Closest I'll have is Bailey's.

Wuss:D

Alien5
05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
chicken tikka masala me too. :yes:

MagicNakor
05-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Chocolate mint Bailey's kicks ass.

And did someone just extol the virtues of British cuisine or am I more drunk than I thought?

popopot
05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Curry, British?! There is no actual dish of chicken tikka masala in Indian cuisine. It was invented when some caucasian complained about the mildest dish (chicken rogan josh or something) being too hot, so the chef diluted it down with yogurt (he ran out of man-juice after jizzing in all the other dishes that had been sent back) and voila, chicken tikka masala was born.

P.S. my favourite take away dish is a thin and crispy ham, pepperoni and jalapeno pizza.

Mr. Mulder
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
chicken tikka masala and boiled rice plz :yup:

or kung pao chicken and boiled rice plz :yup:

Barbarossa
05-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Battered cod and chips, ftw

Mathea
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Yum, wish I was in Woodstock and could get it for breakfast.

Alien5
05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Curry, British?! There is no actual dish of chicken tikka masala in Indian cuisine. It was invented when some caucasian complained about the mildest dish (chicken rogan josh or something) being too hot, so the chef diluted it down with yogurt (he ran out of man-juice after jizzing in all the other dishes that had been sent back) and voila, chicken tikka masala was born.

P.S. my favourite take away dish is a thin and crispy ham, pepperoni and jalapeno pizza. the topic is What's your favorite takeaway dish? Hmm? when i want a take away i order curry, i dont care who invented the dish i just want it in my belly :lol:

popopot
05-16-2007, 11:01 AM
i just want it in my belly :lol:

The level of heat will also dictate how long it stays in your belly in terms of rear exiting, or alcohol will dictate how long its stays in your belly in terms of projectile exiting.

Chip Monk
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
The Chicken Tikka Masala was invented in Glasgow.

Chap got his dinner, which contained tandoori chicken and said "Hoi, where's the fucking gravy". The waiter went to the chef and went "Some cock wants a sauce to put on his dinner" so the chef just mixed some stuff together and they poured it over the dinner.

That's why it varies so much from place to place. There's no real recipe for it just a general idea. The original was said to contain condensed tomato soup as it's base.

Never believe stories from "Newsposter" they're just cut and paste merchants and don't actually know owt.

Cheese
05-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Three-piece chicken variety meal from KFC
Some form of meat balti from the Indian
Burger and chips from Captain Ratburgers
x* amount of chicken (with chips) from Kebab Bastard

* x is dependent on how much money I have left after a savage night out.

Chip Monk
05-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh, mine.

Chicken Pakora probly.

Chip Monk
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Or a badly wrapped kebab.

popopot
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM

Chap got his dinner, which contained tandoori chicken and said "Hoi, where's the fucking gravy". The waiter went to the chef and went "Some cock wants a sauce to put on his dinner" so the chef just mixed some stuff together and they poured it over the dinner.

That's why it varies so much from place to place. There's no real recipe for it just a general idea. The original was said to contain condensed tomato soup as it's base.

Never believe stories from "Newsposter" they're just cut and paste merchants and don't actually know owt.

Actually, my story was cut and pasted acquired from a Glaswegian source.

Chip Monk
05-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Actually, my story was cut and pasted acquired from a Glaswegian source.

:lol:

Must have been a hun, they maker stuff up all the time.

Barbarossa
Glaswegian Sauce.

That's what JP said :frusty:

Mr. Mulder
double chicken burgers from topkapi ftw, no chips though - they're shit from there :smilie4:

jimbo12345
05-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Glaswegian Sauce.

Isn't that heroine?

Also, are you sure about the tikka masala thing? I thought that was the balti, which was made for british tastes, and just means "bucket".

Alien5
05-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Kebablog

405 kebabs eaten since 12th November 2002

http://www.thechillisource.org/html/php/log.php

RealitY
05-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Like to go by the local Japanese buffet as they close and get the leftover sushi cheap...

Gripper
05-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Like to go by the local Japanese buffet after they close and get the leftover sushi out of the bins...

Fixed :D

RealitY
05-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Same difference ya know...

popopot
05-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Like to go by the local Japanese buffet as they close and get the leftover sushi cheap...

Good thinking. I might try that one myself.

popopot
05-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Glaswegian Sauce.

Isn't that heroine?

Also, are you sure about the tikka masala thing? I thought that was the balti, which was made for british tastes, and just means "bucket".

I am sure its the tikka masala dish, but balti is also made up as well and you would just get a bucket of whatever (i.e. chicken) if you ordered that in India.

Chip Monk
05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Balti is made up as well, that was the Birmingham area.

The gravy thing is def tikka masala.

jimbo12345
05-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Balti is made up as well, that was the Birmingham area.

The gravy thing is def tikka masala.

So, if i go to India, enter a KFC and say chicken balti, i'll get a bargain bucket? this is good news.

Does it matter where it came from, as long as it tastes good?

Wizard Scuff
05-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Racist

The Balti came from the Pakistani community.

CrabGirl
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Someone has posted this on B3TA.

Made me gag on my sandwich.

"so, setup is im staying in an old house near newquay. its tea time, so we break out the crackers and cheese (brie). so brie looks kind of like a slice of pizza, with white tops and bottoms and slightly yellowish insides. after spreading it on a couple crackers and taking a few bites, my sister screams. turns out that she spotted these little black dots moving in the brie.

yup. it turned out that we were eating a wedge of maggots. there was no cheese. none. just the white tops and bottoms and inside was a perfectly wedge shaped chunk of maggots with little tiny black heads moving around.

they tasted just like brie, as that was all that had eaten in their existence.

i still cant eat brie."

jimbo12345
05-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Someone has posted this on B3TA.

Made me gag on my sandwich.

"so, setup is im staying in an old house near newquay. its tea time, so we break out the crackers and cheese (brie). so brie looks kind of like a slice of pizza, with white tops and bottoms and slightly yellowish insides. after spreading it on a couple crackers and taking a few bites, my sister screams. turns out that she spotted these little black dots moving in the brie.

yup. it turned out that we were eating a wedge of maggots. there was no cheese. none. just the white tops and bottoms and inside was a perfectly wedge shaped chunk of maggots with little tiny black heads moving around.

they tasted just like brie, as that was all that had eaten in their existence.

i still cant eat brie."

Isn't there a cheese out there that is supposed to have maggots in? I'm sure i saw it in Look North back int' day?

popopot
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Not exactly Look North but:

Cabrales: A rough-rinded Spanish blue cheese. A renowned blue cheese from Northern Spain (region of Asturias) Cabrales is made from blended cow's, goat's and sheep's milk (not in winter when only cow's milk is available) . It is matured in naturally-formed caves and has a creamy texture, a complex flavor and a powerful bouquet. Cabrales is salted, wrapped in foil and matures for 6 months in natural limestone caverns. The locals are known to admire this cheese when it's almost totally blue and con gusano (with maggots) [There are different points of view on subject of maggots. We were contacted by some people from Spain and they denied the presence of maggots in Cabrales]. Similar cheeses include Picos de Europa and Valdeon.

Casu marzu - How do you like your pecorino? In some places around the island, Sards enjoy a cherished version that is, let's say, very fully aged: Casu marzu means "rotten cheese," and the pungent delicacy — officially banned by Italian authorities — carries an extra protein boost in the form of embedded larval flies, which nibble the cheese to a rich, creamy ripeness.

jimbo12345
05-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Cabrales? Isn't that next to Bradford? :)

kabir
05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
my fav dish is chicken biryani

popopot
05-22-2007, 11:16 AM

Thats Calverley next to Bradford. Cabrales is a type of car that the really super, hip, uber cool people drive at the first sign of a bit sun in the UK.

jimbo12345
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM

Thats Calverley next to Bradford. Cabrales is a type of car that the really super, hip, uber cool people drive at the first sign of a bit sun in the UK.

I trust you know i was being sarcastic. bradford. Horrible place.

popopot
05-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Indeed I do, as was I. They have actually redeveloped the whole of Bradford city center. Lots of people/companies moved out, seen that its still a shit hole after the redevelopment, have not returned and now Bradford is struggling to get people/companies back in.

jimbo12345
05-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Indeed I do, as was I. They have actually redeveloped the whole of Bradford city center. Lots of people/companies moved out, seen that its still a shit hole after the redevelopment, have not returned and now Bradford is struggling to get people/companies back in.

I was around Bradford at the times of the riots. Races didn't mix. I asked an asian guy for a light near Manningham Lane, and his look nearly killed me. Popped into a local pub come heroine den and it was explained to me that "best to stick to your own".

Indian takeaways closed, as no white people would go in anymore. Shame. 2 great curry houses there though!