PDA

View Full Version : What You Want In The Next Gta

Nightwolf
06-20-2003, 06:03 PM
I just thought of something else. When I finished GTA3 I was glad that I was able to continue playing the game. It's nice to be able to do Taxi or Vigilante missions anytime I want, but one thing I was really wishing for is to be able to go back and replay any of the game's missions again (without having to start a new game). Some of the missions were really fun, and I'd like to see if I could do them better, or in a different way than I did the first time.

I haven't finished Vice City yet, but I assume it ends the same way as 3. In future GTA games I'd like to see them add a Replay option to the main menu. Either that or an object, like maybe a computer, at your hotel that allows you to access previous missions.

Schmiggy_JK23
06-20-2003, 06:25 PM
edit

Rip The Jacker
06-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Thats a fake article written on April Fools Day. :lol:

Read the article date and the comments people posted.

Skillian
06-21-2003, 03:25 AM
I would like to see a replay function - sometimes when you do a really cool jump or a good escape from the cops it would be cool to just press a button and be able to watch it again from different angles.

Upgrades for your car would be good, changing alloys and spoilers would be fun. Machine guns for the car would make it too easy, but maybe you could have a James Bond type car for the 100 packages, complete with machine gun turrets, rocket launchers, oil slicks and ejector seat!

A wider selection of bikes, and police on bikes would be good too. They also need to have a faster car, even the fastest cars in the game don't seem fast enough.

More bars should be open, and you should be able to play stuff like darts and fruit machines for money. Bit late now, but Vice City, set in the eighties, should have had playable asteroids and pacman arcade machines.

The stadium missions and shooting range are a good idea - more stuff like that please. You could have go-kart racing, proper dirt bike racing with the huge jumps and maybe a stunt competition you could enter in a car with more jumps and stuff. Talking of jumps, more of those throughout the whole game please - you can never have to many - and bigger ones.

I'd also like a walkman so i can carry on listening to the radio when im walking. I like the better game clock idea like TJX said - parades and stuff should be cool. More stuff throughout the city should happen generally - you should notice bank jobs occasionaly, serious police chases with loads of police carsbuildings burning down , stuff like that.

The speedometer idea is a must - I'm surprised they haven't done it already.

Too many ideas coming through at the mo - i might post more again but this is long enough already. :o

Nightwolf
06-21-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Skillian@20 June 2003 - 22:25
I would like to see a replay function - sometimes when you do a really cool jump or a good escape from the cops it would be cool to just press a button and be able to watch it again from different angles.
Both GTA3 and Vice City have Replay, but they only work while you're in the game and you can't control the camera. I always thought it would be nice if you could actually capture screenshots and video clips and save them as standard Windows files. This is from the readme.txt...

The last 30 seconds of gameplay is available as a replay to play back at any time.
To use a replay:-

F1 - Replay the last 30 seconds of gameplay.
F2 - Save the last 30 seconds of gameplay as a file.
F3 - Recall and show the last saved replay file.

As for what you said about video games, just yesterday I walked into a store that had two coin-ops. I excitedly walked up to them and hit the action button, but was disappointed when nothing happened. :(

Skillian
06-21-2003, 01:31 PM
The last 30 seconds of gameplay is available as a replay to play back at any time.
To use a replay:-

F1 - Replay the last 30 seconds of gameplay.
F2 - Save the last 30 seconds of gameplay as a file.
F3 - Recall and show the last saved replay file.

Thanks, I never knew that. That's what you get when you have no manual I suppose ;)