PDA

View Full Version : British Suck

Hairbautt
05-23-2007, 03:43 PM
It's proven now. So its on bitches.

According to Reuters, as I am a news addict (:helpsmili), the top 3 best tourists are the Japanese, the Americans and the Swiss. It was based on a survey from 15,000 responses of European hoteliers. The Britons were lowly placed at number 5 as some of the worst tourists because of "rude behavior, noise and a miserly attitude to tipping." http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/Tooth.gif They were also rated as second in the worst-dressed tourist table...:whistling:shifty:

:source: Reuters: And the best tourists in the world are... (http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL2273073120070523?feedType=RSS)

Meanwhile, Naked U.S. tourist shocks German city (http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL2245467620070523?feedType=RSS).

popopot
05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
At least we beat the French!:P

Remind me again of who was voted as the worst dressed tourists.........

Snee
05-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I reckon the only tourists I've ever encountered that were more annoying than the American ones I've met were germans.

shosh
05-23-2007, 04:53 PM
I live in america and i dont understand why people want to come here. its a great place to live but to visit would suck. there is nothing interesting here, and i live in a big city.

SHUVT
05-23-2007, 06:18 PM
The grass is always greener on the other side. I enjoyed hanging out with the Brit tourists in Europe. Made the nights at the local pubs a blast. I would agree that the Americans are the worst dressed tourists. I could walk down any major city street and point out Americans without even talking to them. Jeans and tshirts just are not the standard for European countries, unless they are designer brands.

Busyman™
05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
I live in america and i dont understand why people want to come here. its a great place to live but to visit would suck. there is nothing interesting here, and i live in a big city.

What big city?

I don't usually pay attention to tourists but DC is a huge tourist spot.

Also, we have more spots to visit than most other countries. You must haven't been anywhere in America.

Hairbautt
05-23-2007, 06:28 PM

What big city?

Also, we have more spots to visit than most other countries. You must haven't been anywhere in America.
I thought the same thing. :unsure: Particularly here in Florida we have theme parks, the beach, fine dining...Well, hell FL's economy is based on tourism. :frusty:

Jagarga
05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
i'm going to baltimore for my holidays, staying at my mate jimmy mcnultys hoose.

Hairbautt
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Some1 should send a warning

MediaSlayer
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
I could walk down any major city street and point out Americans without even talking to them. Jeans and tshirts just are not the standard for European countries, unless they are designer brands.

+1

i couldn't agree more, from my own experiences i've seen that to be true. i never realized how bad we (americans) dress until i started meeting people who are not from here.

imagine my surprise, before a night out on the town, that i've got nothing to wear!

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2103/partywv9.jpg

Hairbautt
05-23-2007, 07:37 PM
I could walk down any major city street and point out Americans without even talking to them.
I've always heard that and in my american studies class the professor said the same thing. Not only from clothes but also in the way we carry ourselves. :ermm:

Someone should get a general pic that compares US dress to "foreign" (english) dress for me :)

SHUVT
05-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Americans tend to walk down the street looking at everything. Allot of the Europeans walk in a focused manner with a point A to B mindset. American also tend to make allot of eye contact with people and sometimes other countries do not do that to the extent that Americans do.

In Germany I would go to the local market on a Saturday morning in a pair of jeans and a tshirt and I would be the only one in there that was not wearing nice clothes. I will look for an example to show you.

OK I looked and it is hard to give an example. Basically, what they wear everyday may be considered something that you would wear for a nite on the town or going out to a nice club. Americans would consider it dressing up or GQ.

Jagarga
05-23-2007, 08:15 PM
preppy is how i would describe american fashion, that and fat.

valhallabjj
05-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I've found Russians no1 in worst mannered with the Koreans a close second.

For the best mannered the Japanese, Canadians and Americans :)

MediaSlayer
05-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Russians got nothin' on Argentinians.

I actually had an Argentinian spit in my food before. Luckily, he was an idiot so I did not actually ingest any of the spit laced food, but it's the thought of it that was offensive to me.

:ph34r:

Proper Bo
05-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Russians got nothin' on Argentinians.

I actually had an Argentinian spit in my food before. Luckily, he was an idiot so I did not actually ingest any of the spit laced food, but it's the thought of it that was offensive to me.

:ph34r:

so had it been a non-idiot who spat in your food, you would have eaten it?

MediaSlayer
05-23-2007, 09:13 PM
he ran his mouth about it, and it got back to me beforehand.

remind me to spit in yours if i come to your island.

Busyman™
05-23-2007, 10:31 PM
i'm going to baltimore for my holidays, staying at my mate jimmy mcnultys hoose.

Make sure you wear a wire.

I heard the crack there is quite noice.

Busyman™
05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Americans tend to walk down the street looking at everything. Allot of the Europeans walk in a focused manner with a point A to B mindset. American also tend to make allot of eye contact with people and sometimes other countries do not do that to the extent that Americans do.

In Germany I would go to the local market on a Saturday morning in a pair of jeans and a tshirt and I would be the only one in there that was not wearing nice clothes. I will look for an example to show you.

OK I looked and it is hard to give an example. Basically, what they wear everyday may be considered something that you would wear for a nite on the town or going out to a nice club. Americans would consider it dressing up or GQ.

Maybe that's where you live.

I dress quite nicely....even when I am working as an outside technician.:snooty:

Also when you say American look at everything, well duh if they've never been there maybe so. I imagine my second time to the same city in Mehico, I might not be as observant to my surroundings since they are nothing new.

When I encounter European tourists in DC, they look around like fuck but not as much Japanese.

Cheese
05-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Tourists suck. Fact.

Wizard Scuff
05-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Are we taking into account that only about twelve Americans actually have passports. So the ones that go elsewhere are probly just one big non-xenophobic family.

Busyman™
05-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Tourists suck. Fact.

Agreed....well unless your whole economy is based on them coming to your country.

That sucks too.

In Puerto Vallarta, Mehico, it seemed that the entire city was trying to sell me a timeshare. I would simply be walking down the street and a person about to get in their car would stop to find out what excursions I was taking and that I could get better ones if I'd just have sit down with a person trying to sell me a week at the Mayan Palace (or some shit).

When got off the airplane, their were two large counters full of competing companies (or whatever) offering free taxi fare and more if I'd have a sit down.

The final blow was the guy working at Mega (like a WalMart) that tried to get me to a sit down.

I already did a sit-down with place I was staying and got half off my all-inclusive (from $700), free dinner at their Italian restaurant, free Jungle Tour, half off my other 2 excursions, and more. Telling the subsequent folks this meant nothing but I remained nice about it and didn't blow up like I wanted to.

Folks are just trying to make a buck.

Busyman™
05-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Are we taking into account that only about twelve Americans actually have passports. So the ones that go elsewhere are probly just one big non-xenophobic family.

I think on a whole, many Americans don't go east overseas that much. The US is so big that you can pretty much stay in the country or the very least, in the continent, and be satisfied.

I'd like to go to London, Spain, and Australia eventually but I'm not pressed.

I want the fun + relaxing, not necessarily the exploring.

I hate flying though.

Americans are more likely to have passports now that one is needed if going anywhere outside of the country. So Mehico, Canananada, and the Caribbean are now off limits without a passport all of sudden.

j2k4
05-24-2007, 12:01 AM

My Dad's hometown.

Babe Ruth was born there.

Edgar Allan Poe is buried there.

Go see Fort McHenry.

Hell, call Busyman; see how he's dressed...be careful, though - he's probably packing. ;)

Lilmiss
05-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Pray do tell, what is so intresting about the streets of Baltimore? :unsure:

j2k4
05-24-2007, 12:40 AM

It is encompassed by the aura of Busyman, who is a mere 40 or so miles away...:whistling

shosh
05-24-2007, 12:57 AM

What big city?

i live in chicago, and ive visited alot of major cities like NY, Vegas, LA, DC, Florida, and many others. i just dont think its all that fun. All there is are bars or some overrated corporate theme park.

i also been overseas to alot of countries, and the architecture and culture just amazes me, its really neat. Cities in other countries even seem a bit more technologically advanced that america, and i thought we pioneered everything, man was i wrong. everything in america is just so generic. but thats just maybe that i lived in the US.

Colt Seevers
05-24-2007, 02:11 AM

It is encompassed by the aura of Busyman, who is a mere 40 or so miles away...:whistling

:glag:

I read in the paper yesterday that although in this report the UK placed 5th overall. Scotland faired a wee bit better, the cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh were particularly praised for their welcoming nature, and friendly attitude towards previously mentioned fasion victim tourists. :unsure:

Busyman™
05-24-2007, 04:20 AM

My Dad's hometown.

Babe Ruth was born there.

Edgar Allan Poe is buried there.

Go see Fort McHenry.

Hell, call Busyman; see how he's dressed...be careful, though - he's probably packing. ;)

I don't carry a gun.:ermm:

You do know that GayPaul is joking, right?

Oh and T-shirt and jeans.

Baltimore is good for:

the aquarium
the zoo in Druid Hill
Patapsco Flea Market (they have cheap jeans and t-shirts:mellow:)
Bengies Drive-In Theater ($7 bucks, at least 3 decent movies, low cost food)
the harbor
BWI airport (my second choice of 3 airports close by, 1st choice: Nat'l, 3rd choice: Dulles)

Busyman™
05-24-2007, 04:21 AM

post 29

Other than that, watch The Wire.

The streets of Baltimore are actually shit.

Busyman™
05-24-2007, 04:28 AM
What big city?

i live in chicago, and ive visited alot of major cities like NY, Vegas, LA, DC, Florida, and many others. i just dont think its all that fun. All there is are bars or some overrated corporate theme park.

i also been overseas to alot of countries, and the architecture and culture just amazes me, its really neat. Cities in other countries even seem a bit more technologically advanced that america, and i thought we pioneered everything, man was i wrong. everything in america is just so generic. but thats just maybe that i lived in the US.

Newsflash, you would be amazed since you are from here.

I was amazed when I was in Mehico. I thought it was beautiful in some parts but hell, I was amazed by the quaintness of the buses.

Speaking of generic, I have to agree. DC has a monument called....The Washington Monument.:1eye:

CrabGirl
05-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Of course this entire thread is dealing with stereotypes, there are exceptions to every rule. Not all brits are loudmouthed beer-swilling sex-mad tacky vandals. The ones that are like that are generally the same at home on a night out, and therefore avoided by the rest of us.

I've found the majority (but again, not all) of American tourists to be loud, patronising, and irritating. French, especially the teenagers, to be arrogant and snobbish, and Japanese to get in the way when they flock in groups of 7 or more, stopping just in front of you.

Busyman. Come to Plymouth. You can see where your Great Nation started.

And then we'll grab a beer.

Wizard Scuff
05-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Bring your own towel but.

Skweeky
05-24-2007, 07:35 PM
We all know Germans are the worst dressed tourists.
That along with the fact that their woman don't shave...

:fear:

brotherdoobie
05-24-2007, 07:46 PM
CrabGirl, come to New York. You can see where your Great Nation ended. And then we'll grab a beer.

Peace,Paul :)

SHUVT
05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Open invite to come to beautiful San Diego. We will not just grab a beer we will go to the Stone Brewery and grab several of 45 they have on tap.

Snee

Even worse is the fact that they only have that one woman.

Mathea
Haha, yeah come out to NY.

brotherdoobie
05-24-2007, 07:54 PM

...and her tache is thicker than your's.

-bd

Jagarga
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
and her balls are bigger than your's

brotherdoobie
05-24-2007, 08:27 PM
She's not half the cunt you are, however.

-bd

j2k4
05-24-2007, 08:41 PM

We have a German woman here.

The other women call her "brushpile".

Us guys thinks it's 'cuz she's gay.

BTW-

Does the French woman shave at all (at all).

j2k4
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Not all brits are loudmouthed beer-swilling sex-mad tacky vandals.

Fuck it then - I ain't goin'. :P

Hairbautt
05-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Can't believe I didn't get any wind from the thread title :ermm:

What's that about

Colt Seevers
05-25-2007, 02:11 AM

What's that about

You want someone to fart on you?

What's that aboot?

:ermm:

Hairbautt
05-25-2007, 02:14 AM
It's a fetish, thanks.

brotherdoobie
05-25-2007, 02:41 AM
It's a fetish, thanks.

It's what you are use to...I don't believe you like it.
Do you?

-bd

Hairbautt
05-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Negative.

brotherdoobie
05-25-2007, 04:33 AM
So...you don't like being shit on? :dabs:

-bd

thewizeard
05-25-2007, 08:38 AM
It's proven now. So its on bitches.

According to Reuters, as I am a news addict (:helpsmili), the top 3 best tourists are the Japanese, the Americans and the Swiss. It was based on a survey from 15,000 responses of European hoteliers. The Britons were lowly placed at number 5 as some of the worst tourists because of "rude behavior, noise and a miserly attitude to tipping." http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/Tooth.gif They were also rated as second in the worst-dressed tourist table...:whistling:shifty:

:source: Reuters: And the best tourists in the world are... (http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL2273073120070523?feedType=RSS)

Meanwhile, Naked U.S. tourist shocks German city (http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL2245467620070523?feedType=RSS).

It would be this one..and that crap about "And the best Tourists in the World" is indeed crap, totally off topic and used as a smoke screen...

Although I live in the Netherlands, this is only due to convenience and the warrant on my address..I am English to in the core and even born on April 22, only to prepare the way for St. George..!

I see a dragon sticking it's neck out.. :dry:

j2k4
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM

What's that about

They didn't believe you.

Now, if you'd been referring to Americans...

soopaman
05-25-2007, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=CrabGirl;2013178]
/QUOTE]

Plymouth, Devon - the only city the Luftwaffe actually improved by bombing it!!

Edit: Why the *uck didn't the quote work?? hahaha

snowultra
05-25-2007, 07:27 PM
i would say the americans are the best dressed, but the most demanding.

thewizeard
05-25-2007, 08:36 PM

Plymouth, Devon - the only city the Luftwaffe actually improved by bombing it!!

just because...

Edit: Why the *uck didn't the quote work?? hahaha

jimbo12345
05-25-2007, 10:19 PM
To be fair, Englands reputation abroad can probably be blamed on the working/dole class vacations. Places like Costa del Hell, Forteventura and other pots of piss like that.

Go there, you'll find a lobster red version of your general council estate scum, drinking San Miguel with little umbrellas in, eating "all day breakfasts" at that well known provider of english repast, Ali's Kebab bar.

With such a high concentration of worthless scum, kinda like prison, it fails to rehabilitate the flem and insteads stimulates them to trash bars, wear out-of-date football shirts and hang flags from there bedsit balconies. Asking for tips means there offspring can not eat. Shouting? That's how the locals understand things. If in doubt, shout.

Don't blame us, blame EasyJet for providing these eurchins with means to travel cheaply. I say send the fuckers back to Blackpool, and the upper-scum class, Torquay.

Proper Bo
05-25-2007, 10:22 PM
To be fair, Englands reputation abroad can probably be blamed on the working/dole class vacations. Places like Costa del Hell, Forteventura and other pots of piss like that.

Go there, you'll find a lobster red version of your general council estate scum, drinking San Miguel with little umbrellas in, eating "all day breakfasts" at that well known provider of english repast, Ali's Kebab bar.

With such a high concentration of worthless scum, kinda like prison, it fails to rehabilitate the flem and insteads stimulates them to trash bars, wear out-of-date football shirts and hang flags from there bedsit balconies. Asking for tips means there offspring can not eat. Shouting? That's how the locals understand things. If in doubt, shout.

Don't blame us, blame EasyJet for providing these eurchins with means to travel cheaply. I say send the fuckers back to Blackpool, and the upper-scum class, Torquay.

Nowt like a bit of badly written snobbery, eh?

jimbo12345
05-25-2007, 10:50 PM

Not snobbery, i worked my way through the elements of shite to get to my position. Its very easy for me to throw stones from higher up the mountain of life, and i will. To educate.

Note, i did say English, not including the real villans in this, the Scottish. Dirty alcoholic, sock-in-mouth scag-heads. Give them independence, watch Glasgow become the next war zone in the fight of terror. Won't be our problem then.

Sextent
05-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Obvious photoshop.

Anyone who uses the word "repast" properly also knows which version of "there / their" to use. It's that simple. They also either use a capital "E" for England, or they don't. You can't really be semi-semi-literate.

Skoolboy errors.

Alien5
06-13-2007, 11:00 PM
i'm going to baltimore for my holidays, staying at my mate jimmy mcnultys hoose. don't come back, please?

Colt Seevers
06-13-2007, 11:12 PM
don't come back, please?

Don't wake me up again, with your pointless bumpage.

You total cant! :O

Hairbautt
06-13-2007, 11:14 PM
:ermm:

Alien5
06-13-2007, 11:14 PM
:lol:

Alien5
06-13-2007, 11:16 PM
:ermm: :ermm:

Hairbautt
06-13-2007, 11:17 PM
:mellow:

Colt Seevers
06-13-2007, 11:27 PM
http://hpd.chiconcerts.com/emot/emot-corsair.gif
http://hpd.chiconcerts.com/emot/emot-wrongful.gif

Chip Monk
06-14-2007, 01:56 PM
don't come back, please?

Don't wake me up again, with your pointless bumpage.

You total cant! :O

http://www.kdwebserver.co.uk/~celeb/prod_pictures/brian%20cant%20with%20hat.jpg

Alien5
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
who's that bald cunt? :ermm:

Chip Monk
06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
who's that, Brian Cant? :ermm:

Yup

Hairbautt
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
:lol:

sArA
06-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Well somebody over 40 was bound to....:lol:

Mr JP Fugley
06-14-2007, 08:25 PM
There was a dreadful inevitability about it.

Snee
06-15-2007, 12:29 PM
You know, the whole concept of tipping is fucking stupid.

Like, guess what? The price isn't what it says it is, give some extra money to the 'tard who was doing what he's already paid to do (and probably the bare minimum at that), or else he'll think you're cheap, and will possibly try to get you back if he's called on to do something for you again (at least if he's a merkin).

Why don't they just raise their prices then, and give 15% directly to whoever the fuck is doing the deliveries or whatever? But no, that'd make it too expensive and the customer would go somewhere else. Only they'd be expected to tip there. Fucking morons.

No one does it here, and no one really expects it, except from greedy hoteliers, then, apparently. I'd laugh in their stupid faces if they did.

Busyman™
06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
You know, the whole concept of tipping is fucking stupid.

Like, guess what? The price isn't what it says it is, give some extra money to the 'tard who was doing what he's already paid to do (and probably the bare minimum at that), or else he'll think you're cheap, and will possibly try to get you back if he's called on to do something for you again (at least if he's a merkin).

Why don't they just raise their prices then, and give 15% directly to whoever the fuck is doing the deliveries or whatever? But no, that'd make it too expensive and the customer would go somewhere else. Only they'd be expected to tip there. Fucking morons.

No one does it here, and no one really expects it, except from greedy hoteliers, then, apparently. I'd laugh in their stupid faces if they did.

For hotel workers, I totally agree. They are supposed to clean my room, take my bags, etc. In many cases I them to give me a cart and I take them myself.

For waiters, I totally disagree. I like being able to pay less if service is bad. If prices were rasied then I'd have no control over what I pay besides just not going to the establishment.

I also can tip higher if service was above and beyond the call of duty. I've had waiters give me free food and/or drinks simply cuz I didn't like what I had or it wasn't what I ordered. They could've taken it away. I like tipping folks like that.

The problem is that workers and paying customers think of tip as mandatory.

For instance, I tell restaurants to fuck off if they charge a tip automatically (if I had bad service) or charge 18% in cases of 6 people or more. Guess what? If it's 6 six people or more then they get more tip anyway due to the bill being higher.:dry:

There's no fucking way I'm giving a tip to a shitty waiter.:angry:

Snee
06-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I sort of see your point there.

If it wasn't seen as mandatory (as you say), and not really expected of you, it would be better.

As a positive one-time reinforcement, at lyke a restaurant, it might not be so bad. I dunno how well it works if you are a regular somewhere and they know you, though. Then again, maybe if people complained a hell of a lot more if the service was crap, someone not yelling for the manager might be its own reward :sly:

Skiz
06-15-2007, 02:21 PM
"Mandatory" tipping is bullshit.

I always tip pretty standard at restaurants I guess, unless the service was really the pits. At least a waiter/waitress will say "Hello", "How are you", "Our specials today are...", etc. and at least pretend to give a shit.

What really gets me is the tipping in bars. Pick up a bottle, pop the top, set it on the bar, tell me the total is $3 and then expect a tip!!?? Fuck all that. The other thing that really grinds my gears is when you order a drink/beer and they don't tell you about the obvious specials. Then you end up buying a $4 Miller when it's 25 cent Budweiser night. :dry:

And God-forbid you don't tip accordingly, or you'll die thirsty. The best way is to open a tab, and tip appropriately when you leave. :snooty:

lwqtaKRS3IE

Cheese
06-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I never got tipped when I worked behind the bar or serving food except for when we had 'merkin tourists in. Then we'd fight amongst ourselves to serve them because we knew we'd be in for a tip.

peat moss
06-16-2007, 03:40 AM
I'v traveled quite a bit when I was younger , all over the world and found both the Brits and Yanks some of the nicest people I'v met . Depended if I was looking for a taxi , hooker , good fish and chips twice or brown heroin . :happy:

Busyman™
06-16-2007, 03:44 AM
"Mandatory" tipping is bullshit.

I always tip pretty standard at restaurants I guess, unless the service was really the pits. At least a waiter/waitress will say "Hello", "How are you", "Our specials today are...", etc. and at least pretend to give a shit.

What really gets me is the tipping in bars. Pick up a bottle, pop the top, set it on the bar, tell me the total is $3 and then expect a tip!!?? Fuck all that. The other thing that really grinds my gears is when you order a drink/beer and they don't tell you about the obvious specials. Then you end up buying a $4 Miller when it's 25 cent Budweiser night. :dry:

And God-forbid you don't tip accordingly, or you'll die thirsty. The best way is to open a tab, and tip appropriately when you leave. :snooty:

lwqtaKRS3IE

Great clip!:lol:

It's on the money.

You are right about tipping for drinks. That's their fucking job....to serve me drinks.

Good idea about always having a tab.

One thing I will not do

I NEVER TIP ON A CREDIT CARD UNLESS I REALLY HAVE NO CASH!

Fuck if i'ma tip and then the gubment taxes it.:dry:

Hairbautt
06-16-2007, 04:08 AM
I tip my barber.