PDA

View Full Version : What is tophos.org

yoyogi4
05-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I heard it was a great, no awesome tracker and I've never heard it being requested here!!
They have the FST logo in their site so I thought you guys might know what this site is about.

ThX

LubTheStaringCat
05-23-2007, 11:38 PM
They where open for signup, 2 days ago.
I know that because I signed up
I went back like an hour later and they where closed.
They had a few problems recently, as well as deleting a lot of accounts.
I guess that why they where open.

barral01
05-24-2007, 12:03 AM
It's a good tracker but have small users database.

Friendly Fire
05-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Best person to answer you is Melvinmeow. It's his site and he comes by FST a lot. He's quite helpful. I think it's a nice site, although i havent used it much lately (sorry Melvin). It's a generalistic tracker, you can find all kinds of files there.

AkaiDoresu
05-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Is 0day site, as someone said, it had open signups few days ago.

Melvinmeow
05-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Its not requested that often due to the fact there are ussually no invites for it, other than if you are invited by a staff member. Also probably due to the fact that I use this site (FST) with my REAL alias so people know that im here so maybe they are afraid to trade accounts ect.
In regaurds to the 3 days of open signups last weekend... We normally open signups for a few days every couple of months. We already had it planned for last weekend prior to the issues with the DB. Just turns out it happened the same week the db was having issues.
Theres almost 7,000 users on the site despite what some people may think, which isnt large and it isnt all that small.
There are 2,471 torrents seeding on the site at this time.
Most of the torrents people may notice are films which is basically our niche.
We specialize mainly in Divx/Xvid releases.
Honestly we seem to be a more friendly community than you would notice on some other sites. I personally would compare it to that of U*-T or FSC where the users all know each other and help each other out. We also value our users so every couple of months we post a feedback topic in the forums asking what users think about the site, what could/should be changed, ect...
If your just looking for another 0-day tracker to dl releases this probably wouldnt be the site for you. While we do have alot of new internal files, also scene releases with comparable pre times to alot of other sites, our main focus is on the environment of the site itself and not the pre times like some other sites ussually put their main focus on.

I think this post has a basic idea of what the site is and what its like,
If you have any other questions about the site feel free to ask.

Also your better off asking users for their own opinions of the site... since I could litterally think 1 think about the site and users may have a completely differant opinion ;)

hungdob
05-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Melvinmeow (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/melvinmeow-134672) theres an eta for the db problems fix?

Melvinmeow
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
The DB has been fixed since Wednesday or Thursday last week.
I ussually make DB backups daily but unfortunately the hd I backed them up on crashed the same day the db did lol
Guess im just un-lucky.
I had to recover the users tabled from a backup like 4 weeks old or somewhere around that figure. So anyone who got accounts ect... since then would have had to signup for a new account again.
If your account isnt working for some reason feel free to pm me with the details and I can try and get it fixed up for you.

Moonspell13
05-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Also maybe Melvin doesn't want to tell it because he's shy etc. but Tophos has a lots of its own releases, and some of them were stolen and uploaded as scene releases recently but Melvin uncovered those wannabes :) And what he said about the community is true, I haven't been a lot in the forums but from what I've checked there and in their irc ppl are really nice,helpful and act as friends (and with a lot of humour ) :)

Melvinmeow
05-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Also maybe Melvin doesn't want to tell it because he's shy etc. but Tophos has a lots of its own releases, and some of them were stolen and uploaded as scene releases recently but Melvin uncovered those wannabes :) And what he said about the community is true, I haven't been a lot in the forums but from what I've checked there and in their irc ppl are really nice,helpful and act as friends (and with a lot of humour ) :)

If you cant already see from the comedy side of things check the bot in the irc chan.. mention the name Storm in there and it goes nuts.

yoyogi4
05-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Hmm I like the sound of it, I'll be on the look out for open sign ups soon.

Sentient
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM

If you cant already see from the comedy side of things check the bot in the irc chan.. mention the name Storm in there and it goes nuts.

Sounds cool ... except your bot told me to fuck off :mellow:
:D

How many peers do you have? Also, you guys should join tracers. Even if you don't race, it's useful to be able to search your database of releases without having to log into the site. I got a lot more active on CT for example since I found tracers.

Melvinmeow
05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Bot has some attitude and is silly like I said hehe.

Peers = 7,619
Ive been in Tracers the last couple of days.
Was planning on talking to them at some point next week about that probably.

SHUVT
05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Tophos is a fun site. I have been impressed with the growth in music uploaded lately. Nice to see several albums per page when browsing.

Melvinmeow
05-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Tophos is a fun site. I have been impressed with the growth in music uploaded lately. Nice to see several albums per page when browsing.

You may/may not have noticed most of the music posted are always requests ;)
Theres a few now and then that are just posted but I beleive most have been requests.

TaLeNDiL
05-25-2007, 12:43 AM
so when will you open sign ups again

dvdfreak
05-26-2007, 08:18 AM
ive used quite of bit of torrent sites but tophos is by far my absolute favorite.i like the way its set up,good download speeds, good selection of movie,tv,apps,music,and game files, very kool and friendly community of people,the mods and sysops are always very helpful.its the one site when i donate funds to that i actually feel im getting my moneys worth.

tophos is top notch and gets a 10/10 in my book.

Melvinmeow
05-26-2007, 09:16 PM
ive used quite of bit of torrent sites but tophos is by far my absolute favorite.i like the way its set up,good download speeds, good selection of movie,tv,apps,music,and game files, very kool and friendly community of people,the mods and sysops are always very helpful.its the one site when i donate funds to that i actually feel im getting my moneys worth.

tophos is top notch and gets a 10/10 in my book.

HAHAHA I think I found a brown noser!!!

Friendly Fire
05-26-2007, 09:35 PM

Come on, tell me you didnt love reading that. :) He sounded sincere actually. If you ever think of selling the site, just copy-paste that post and you'll find a buyer.

Fibo
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
So what are the requirements for an invite???

Hook a brother up.

Melvinmeow
05-27-2007, 01:19 AM

Come on, tell me you didnt love reading that. :) He sounded sincere actually. If you ever think of selling the site, just copy-paste that post and you'll find a buyer.

LMAO
Oh no I liked his comments. I just know him from the site so im picking on him.
(He uses the same nic here as he does on the site.) ;)
BTW doubt I would be selling the site. I do it for a hobby not for buissness transactions.

007™
05-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Melvins a millionaire :)

RainRoofer
05-27-2007, 09:03 AM
This time next year....
:P

bigboppa1
09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
i think that site is probably the worst site to ever be a member of, the language in their shoutbox is as near as to the most debase i have ever heard. "i would eat the nuts out of your shit, just to watch your arse muscles work", that is just one.,,,,, the homophobia in the site is over the top, everyone else is a gay except those two, i do believe the baird said, "sir i think you protest too much", everyone that is kicked off the site is a gay boi as those two call them, i think that these two talk like real men but have never been in the back of a car park and had a fight in their entire lives, they can slag a man down from behind a keyboard but are too chicken shit to face him mam on, probably their mummies don't even know that they wear knickers , if they are willing to present themselves, anywhere they like, i will fight the chicken shits, both at the same time for $10,000 preferably in the uk, we don't need a lot of mouth to fight, we might not win them all, but we go down fighting, so tell them to run their little show with all their stealiing, oh i forgot, wen you donate, your ratio is supposed to go up, unless a member of staff nicks it, then you have never donated it, yep you guessed it, even a few members of their staff are asking the descent members to leave and join another site, talk about a sinking ship, it is just what it looks like,, demonic

dunson
09-16-2008, 07:33 PM
The Lady doth protest too much
Hamlet Act 3, Scene 2

jonsonica
09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
i think that site is probably the worst site to ever be a member of, the language in their shoutbox is as near as to the most debase i have ever heard. "i would eat the nuts out of your shit, just to watch your arse muscles work", that is just one.,,,,, the homophobia in the site is over the top, everyone else is a gay except those two, i do believe the baird said, "sir i think you protest too much", everyone that is kicked off the site is a gay boi as those two call them, i think that these two talk like real men but have never been in the back of a car park and had a fight in their entire lives, they can slag a man down from behind a keyboard but are too chicken shit to face him mam on, probably their mummies don't even know that they wear knickers , if they are willing to present themselves, anywhere they like, i will fight the chicken shits, both at the same time for $10,000 preferably in the uk, we don't need a lot of mouth to fight, we might not win them all, but we go down fighting, so tell them to run their little show with all their stealiing, oh i forgot, wen you donate, your ratio is supposed to go up, unless a member of staff nicks it, then you have never donated it, yep you guessed it, even a few members of their staff are asking the descent members to leave and join another site, talk about a sinking ship, it is just what it looks like,, demonic

You obviously smoke alot of MaryJ huh?Thats what I gather based on your great post.Either case thanks for the review. Maybe you should submit this I heard they were still looking for a review.

F.B.I
09-16-2008, 08:05 PM

Get some balls and do not create a new acc to make a post.

bblogs
09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
It's probably Detale or T.S.O.L :naughty:

Eargasm
09-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I want to say that it's flamers - just a guess

johall
09-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I want to say that it's people that stick up for their site - just a guess

fixed:)

Disme
09-16-2008, 08:24 PM