PDA

View Full Version : leaseweb help

happyjoyjoy
05-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Have a question for ppl who have experience with leaseweb :P

http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicatedflatfee
10Mbps Flatfee Server 1
Does this mean that i have no datatraffic limit in a month or?

Would i be better off going with Express Server 2 ?
Thinking about renting it for +/- 3 months.

Sorry for the bold text :P
(copy/paste)

QstorM
05-27-2007, 06:06 PM
It clearly says 10Mbps unmetered.

naq
05-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Let's say you maximize the 10 Mbps for the whole month, then you'll transfer in total (both upload and download):

((2629743.83 * 10) / 8) / 1024 = 3210.13651 GB

2629743.83 is the # of secs in a month I got from google.

Hope the math is right. :)

Xaeron
05-27-2007, 06:27 PM
And you won't maximize the connection at all times. So you can probably expect something between 2-3TB a month.

happyjoyjoy
05-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok thanks for the info.
Does leaseweb have any trouble with policeraids etc? :P

Xaeron
05-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok thanks for the info.
Does leaseweb have any trouble with policeraids etc? :P

Simply put: No.

happyjoyjoy
05-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Great, guess i'll be getting the unmetered version then :p

wildbytes
05-27-2007, 07:28 PM
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?searchid=2512046

Before get a server look here and read up on leaseweb and there deals.

Plus there support sucks, and setup time is very slow, along with they dont work ends.

Wild

happyjoyjoy
05-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Plus there support sucks, and setup time is very slow, along with they dont work ends.

Wild

Thanks for the advice :)
Anything U could recommend besides leaseweb then?

josephs911
05-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Wild

Thanks for the advice :)
Anything U could recommend besides leaseweb then?

I think leaseweb is great the speeds are the best around. He is right when he says that support does suck, they will look at it and if its a software issue they charge you. setup time is ok, 1-2 days depends when you order it. If you know linux (or windows if you ordering that) and can troubleshoot yourself I would highly recommend them :D

naq
05-27-2007, 11:58 PM
My experience with Leaseweb:

Setup time was fast, around 24 hours. For support, they provide APC Control (manual restart), and the Self Service Center (view bandwidth, monthly bill). I can max the 100Mbps connection all the time. Email to support can take up to a day to receive a response. Since my server is self managed, contacting support is basically the last resort saved only for catastrophic failure (broken hardware, user stupidity). If your purpose for the server is only to seed torrents, there's no need to be concerned about support. You should not need and want support. Linux experience is highly recommended if you are getting a linux server, which isn't hard at all if you're willing to learn a bit.

Looking at recent offers at leaseweb, they've changed alot in their offerings of express servers which are not good deals at all anymore. Perhaps if you haven't done so, take a look at vectoral.info for their servers. The cheapest offer on their front page ($80) is quite good comparing to leaseweb. From what I've heard, speed is good and perhaps better support too.

nofx210
05-28-2007, 04:53 AM
From what I've heard Leaseweb is top notch, I've tested their network a few times and speeds were excellent. The only downside, as mentioned.... the tech support issue

lysine
05-28-2007, 05:26 AM
Looking at recent offers at leaseweb, they've changed alot in their offerings of express servers which are not good deals at all anymore. Perhaps if you haven't done so, take a look at vectoral.info for their servers.

do the math.

leaseweb is in nl and pretty much untouchable, considering alot of high profile torrent sites host with them.

vectoral is in germany, which is a known anti-p2p conntry.

I know who I'd rather spend the money with, even if it costs a little bit more.