PDA

View Full Version : FTN Disabled WTF??

Gish
05-28-2007, 06:46 PM
So if anyone here could please ask a FTN staff member why my account was disabled. because I would really like to know the reason! my user name is ****** and I have always been a solid member to the FTN community. I just don't understand and I think I deserve an explanation and a dam good one. I'm racking my brain and I cant think of one. so please can someone PM a saff member.
but the thing is, is When I am away from home, which is alot because I travel I connect wireless threw my laptop. that means different IP's but I don't think that is a reason for a ban????
I can't begin to tell you how sad I am?
if they would like to email me as to why, I'm assuming they still have my email!
I also am not sure how to work IRC or how to even get on their channel or I would. let me try this first!!

thanks so much, in Advance

fanaticos
05-28-2007, 06:55 PM
you probably trade ftn invites on forum ..and they cought you?

happyjoyjoy
05-28-2007, 07:07 PM
They allow like 5 different ips to an account i think.
So dont think its because of different Ip's.

Gish
05-28-2007, 07:32 PM
you probably trade ftn invites on forum ..and they cought you?

wow, you are so quick to blame, Well anyway I would really appreciate it if someone would find out for me and no I did not trade and yes I was using a laptop with a wirelesses connection.

Thanks

hungdob
05-28-2007, 08:11 PM
u must have done something wrong people dont get banned for nothing :/
u wont be able to enter the irc because u need to give irc password when u enter

strawberryking
05-28-2007, 08:13 PM
if you havent done anything wrong, you shouldent have got banned, maybe, their anit-cheat shit made a mistake :P

ibnahmed
05-28-2007, 08:16 PM
maybe someone can help him and make him know what he did wrong, in case he did anything wrong.

Gish
05-28-2007, 08:43 PM
maybe someone can help him and make him know what he did wrong, in case he did anything wrong.

that would be nice. I'm sure the staff over at FTN made a mistake. but incase they didn't I want to know what I did so I won't do it again:)
plain and simple!!

chickenofwing
05-28-2007, 08:45 PM
You should email them.

I think it's something like [email protected] or something like that.

r4cc00n
05-28-2007, 09:33 PM
join #ftn-support on darknet

Gish
05-28-2007, 11:54 PM
You should email them.

Wow, you are a noob. for ones first post you sure sound like a jackass
:frusty:

leeter
05-29-2007, 12:00 AM
You should email them.

:D ROFL This is the best post of the day!!!!

darkseekers
05-29-2007, 12:01 AM
You should email them.

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

fstrulz
05-29-2007, 12:08 AM
You should email them.

Isn't it [email protected] (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/[email protected])? lol :lol:

Gish
05-29-2007, 12:30 AM
the funny thing is that he was dead serous.

yoyogi4
05-29-2007, 12:53 AM
well did you get it back???

leeter
05-29-2007, 12:54 AM
LOL You should thank him. He at least tried to help you.

mbucari1
05-29-2007, 01:30 AM
LOL You should thank him. He at least tried to help you.I agree. As incompetent as he sounded, he DID attempt to help.

Gish
05-29-2007, 02:50 AM
well I'm sorry I made the comment that I did but I thought he was messing with me. I'm still trying to get anyone to PM staff, also I'm trying to contact them threw IRC thanks r4cc00n for the tip!!

Thanks to all the people that are trying to help,
Gish

mbucari1
05-29-2007, 04:27 AM
I don't know if you are going to get anyone to help you. They probably don't want to be associated with someone who was banned.

buddy
05-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Yeap, giving away your FST nick to their staff voluntarily is suicide.:pinch:

leeter
05-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Revealing your site nick doesn't seem to be a good idea. And I doubt there is somebody who willingly wants to get involved in this kind of matter. Anyway, I hope you get your account back if you haven't done anything wrong. Good luck.

sapporo
05-29-2007, 10:54 AM
i agree with that

elioo
05-29-2007, 06:42 PM
pm kimii maybe she can help U...

berry89
05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
i got a problem too login to this site but i dont know if they disabled me or not i just cant recover password.

L3ST
05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh what the hell .. gish PM me with you username and i'll ask someone from their staff about your problem.

r4cc00n
05-29-2007, 08:37 PM
i tried that l3st, they told me to refer gish to #ftn.support on darknet, hence my earlier post.

L3ST
05-29-2007, 09:35 PM
#ftn-support . I already PM-ed gish with their answer. Not it's up to him :D

kimii
05-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Why are you surprised? It was a trade.

Pluto
05-30-2007, 03:07 AM
Our almighty queen has spoken.

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Why are you surprised? It was a trade.How can you be 100% certain of this? Change in IP's across the world in a few minutes? Could there be even a slight possibility that you (or someone on staff) made a mistake?

kimii
05-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Why are you surprised? It was a trade.How can you be 100% certain of this? Change in IP's across the world in a few minutes? Could there be even a slight possibility that you (or someone on staff) made a mistake?

PM JessicaAlba and ask him about it ;)

SKGunners
05-30-2007, 10:41 AM
That's sad, man. I feel sorry for you.

TiToiNc
05-30-2007, 11:35 AM
How can you be 100% certain of this? Change in IP's across the world in a few minutes? Could there be even a slight possibility that you (or someone on staff) made a mistake?

JessicaAlba or Patriot foreve ? :ermm:

JA
05-30-2007, 11:55 AM
#1 Yes i have a sausage.
#2 She means me :)

kimii
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM

How would I mistake Patriot for Alba?

phrenzy
05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
This is why I would not want a FTN account. Way too many people trading invites/accounts. I would hate to get an invite and work to have a good ratio just to get banned because some "trader" above me in the invite tree gets busted and I loose my account...Just not worth the trouble... People like me who would never trade the account or an invite get screwed by the greed of people here... rant over.... buh-bye..

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
How can you be 100% certain of this? Change in IP's across the world in a few minutes? Could there be even a slight possibility that you (or someone on staff) made a mistake?

Wow lady, you're good!

kimii
05-30-2007, 01:32 PM
This is why I would not want a FTN account. Way too many people trading invites/accounts. I would hate to get an invite and work to have a good ratio just to get banned because some "trader" above me in the invite tree gets busted and I loose my account...Just not worth the trouble... People like me who would never trade the account or an invite get screwed by the greed of people here... rant over.... buh-bye..
The invite tree doesn't get effected by traders, unless we see suspicious activity linking those accounts. Also, if you did want one... getting one here is suicidal. Suggestion, get it from a active user on a torrent site, not a trading forum.

fstrulz
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
$#!+ kimii is hot...

phrenzy
05-30-2007, 01:42 PM
The invite tree doesn't get effected by traders, unless we see suspicious activity linking those accounts. Also, if you did want one... getting one here is suicidal. Suggestion, get it from a active user on a torrent site, not a trading forum.

Not asking for anything.. oh and BTW there are people here who do not trade....

kimii
05-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Not asking for anything.. oh and BTW there are people here who do not trade....

I'm not implying you were asking for anything :P .. Just a reference for anyone, if you want to not be linked to traders, getting invites from a site well known for trading isn't a good idea. I know there are many people here who don't engage themselves in trading... but if you get freebies from users here who are known to trade, staff at other site doesn't know if you did or didn't.

phrenzy
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
I understand where you are coming from and agree w/ you..I don't go seeking invites here personally, give more away . Just for me an honest user is it worth the time to try to get in..Because who knows who traded above me just to log on and see the account is disabled..From reading the invtie section it would seem that 1/4 of FTN's user base are active traderz here.. Not slamm'n the site just voicing concerns I have for a site I may join 1 day..And I kinda made this thread go a bit off topic sorry for that all..

Tokeman
05-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Guilt by association... one of the stupidest ideas ever concieved. You could get a freebie from some one on a great tracker, but they could also be a member here, and you would never know until you get ban'd for being 'associated' with traders.
Just like your guilty if your in a car and the driver suddenly decides to shoot some one else.

Great way of moderating dont ya think?

phrenzy
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
I would say at first it wasn't like that but when people HERE put value to invites it went down hill fast.. To protect the integrity of the site one must eventually be like that.

yoyogi4
05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
****long sigh**** FTN is too risky to have anywhere you get it!!

phrenzy
05-30-2007, 04:17 PM

HA!!!

Cmon
05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm fine since day one :whistling
Too bad my inviter is not exist anymore because of inactivity :(

kimii
05-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Guilt by association... one of the stupidest ideas ever concieved. You could get a freebie from some one on a great tracker, but they could also be a member here, and you would never know until you get ban'd for being 'associated' with traders.
Just like your guilty if your in a car and the driver suddenly decides to shoot some one else.

Great way of moderating dont ya think?Like I said... we look at the account activity... if whether it is suspicious of trade or not. There are many users here I know their site nick on FTN... but they still have their account ;)

Tokeman
05-30-2007, 05:25 PM
well that is encouraging to hear kimii. I joined here to expand out from TL into other trackers. The good trackers with content I like, I keep. I have been weary of accepting a Ftn invite (if offered) due to the simple fact that I am a member here. I would hate to work hard to get a good ratio just to be disabled.
Started off trading here (hence the name), but recently it has been easy for me to get what I want free, so I also try to give out my invites to those in need.

Enough of my blabbering, keep up the good work kimii, I hear you are good at catching the traders.

yoyogi4
05-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Kimii is the only female torrent sysop I've heard of (coincidentally of the best one), You male torrent sysops better step it up!! hahaha!!!