PDA

View Full Version : Cheating - Have you ever been wrongly accused?

G-Force
05-30-2007, 03:29 AM
I just got done for cheating and i didn't even do it! I have been a member of this sit for about a year, always seed and all of a sudden i get banned? I went on the IRC channel and got spoken to like a piece of shit and told to fuck off!

I am so frustrated i could punch the fucking wall!

AkaiDoresu
05-30-2007, 03:32 AM
Never happened to me but some sites DO ban you if you are uploading too fast, using for example a seedbox. Well don't be frustrated, take it as a lesson, now you know how to prevent it I guess. Just be happy if it is not FTN, Exigo, SWEDVDR, UK-T, FTWR, the rest is fairly easy accessible :)

ven0m
05-30-2007, 03:34 AM
Its frustrating mate.. But happens to the best of us.

Happened to me @ OiNK.. Never cheated.. But f00k it.. Only Site that ever happened at and has never happened to me anywhere else.

It is REALLY annoying to be falsely accused.. but they can shove it!

G-Force
05-30-2007, 03:39 AM
It was only a torrent leech account but its not the point, it not even the fact i got caught "cheating" that bugs me most, its the way they speak to you on the IRC channel.

I am very good user on all my sites and never do anything wrong but i have already started another account, i just asked my ISP to change my IP for me. I dont really use the account much unless its for a PSP game or the odd movie.

BamZow
05-30-2007, 03:41 AM
I got banned from Oink once, without cheat.
They think they have this l33tzor anti-cheat code, but it just sucks.

kirktrix
05-30-2007, 03:47 AM
I got banned on demonoid.... they said i am selling invites on ebay...:D It is frustrating first because im just new in torrent and that is my first private tracker and i have a good buffer there...but now it's ok it is just a demonoid.....:D

conway
05-30-2007, 04:09 AM
what sucks is you get treated liek shit, when you go into the irc they jus tsay your a cheater, and ban you... You can't do shit about it... So gay.

Pluto
05-30-2007, 04:11 AM
oink banned me for supposedly cheating. Damn fuckers, but it was easy enough to get a new invite. I just remembered not to upload to many items within a day.

WHRST
05-30-2007, 06:23 AM
nop never @any tracker

Cmon
05-30-2007, 06:54 AM
yep, I think 2 trackers, one is also one of my first tracker also :(

kingrob
05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
It was only a torrent leech account but its not the point, it not even the fact i got caught "cheating" that bugs me most, its the way they speak to you on the IRC channel.

I am very good user on all my sites and never do anything wrong but i have already started another account, i just asked my ISP to change my IP for me. I dont really use the account much unless its for a PSP game or the odd movie.

so what you do is msg me here or email [email protected] i will need your tl username

and a log of the talk between you and my staff if you have not been cheating i will enable and if the staff were rude to you without reason i will deal with them

kingrob aka NEO

Something Else
05-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I got a warning from ProAudio for seeding too fast. My fault, forgot to tell them about my seedbox.....

KFlint
05-30-2007, 01:28 PM
got banned (and later unbanned) on Thor's for uploading too fast, it took a couple of days prooving my honesty

just watch out with seedbox on Thor's!

mbucari1
05-30-2007, 01:31 PM
got banned (and later unbanned) on Thor's for uploading too fast, it took a couple of days prooving my honesty

just watch out with seedbox on Thor's!
my first day there, I was asked about my speed by the sysop. I told him I had a seedbox, and all was fine. Now, I keep a screen shot of utorrent uploading at it's fastest in my profile.

ibnahmed
05-30-2007, 01:33 PM
yeah, it happened to me
i got a seedbox and the first day i signed up i started downloading freeleech stuff and seeding them. my account ended up 30GB up nothing down. they disabled me. never bothered to speak to them though.

what sucks is you get treated liek shit, when you go into the irc they jus tsay your a cheater, and ban you... You can't do shit about it... So gay.

just dont go if u dont need it. dont humiliate yourself in the irc. x264 banned me and they dont deserve even joining their irc to talk about it.

Melvinmeow
05-30-2007, 03:03 PM

so what you do is msg me here or email [email protected] i will need your tl username

and a log of the talk between you and my staff if you have not been cheating i will enable and if the staff were rude to you without reason i will deal with them

kingrob aka NEO

Like kindrob said... They normally will look into it. I know from a past experience with TL. Their detection scripts are not always 100% accurate. They are ussually very correct though. I was disabled for a day or so for uploading too fast. Forget which member of staff I talked to but they were very nice to me and did enable my account for me again once I verified it as a server ect..
Maybe you caught the staff member at a bad time or something.
Either way I know from past experiences that if you provide valid proof to show you were seeding at those speeds that they will enable your account.

SnipeR19
05-30-2007, 03:13 PM
TL double acc

aoshivx
05-30-2007, 03:32 PM
YEah... the only was to avoid such Is to have like a back up plan.. for the TOP notch sites of course.. the rest... can be ignored.

And when i mean back up, have a way of gaining site member ship again. I remember when i was first new to torrents.. and used to experiment. I got banned for negligence and all that crap, but I had several ways of always getting bac in. and the site in question is OINK... JEEEZ... cant remember the total number of membership I have had with that site...

Now jst incase they ban my arse, "I'LL BE BAC" TERMINAtor style.
its not like i cheat or anything.. It just pure FUTILE to go to the irc
and chat with the mod.. no help, no nothing.. just complete ASSes.

0sec
05-30-2007, 03:34 PM
yep, something like this is frustrating...
The bad thing is that sites like bitmetv are banning your complete ip range.
And when this happening, you never can join this site again because they ban proxy users too..
The last way to get there again is to change the ISP.
I think FTN and the other high leveled trackers have the same system

yoyogi4
05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
It's psychology, they all fear of getting caught or accused of being cheaterz, so when a cheater gets caught it's like the inquisition or witch hunt and down goes your acc.

RainRoofer
05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
At SITR cuz of bad script.
I solved problem with admin ;)

TheMad
05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
yes on iplay ...fuck ..i have for the begining in this site ..and i have donated..:sick:

porkchop
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes I have, numerous times. Its pointless to even fight it, if they think even for one second you are a cheater, it will take the jaws of life to convince them wrong. Quite frankly I dont blame them, cheaters are always roaming the torrent sites and always testing new items. No matter what script or code the trackers come up with, there is always going to be someone else to write something better. Only way for cheating to ever stop on bittorent is if someone rewrites the bittorent code and makes a new version, better and more secure. Till then you will have staff looking every where for these morons and some innocent people will be targeted. Just cant do anything about it

znik
05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Never so far! :smartass:

BombayMan
05-30-2007, 09:06 PM
got banned on oink for supposedly cheating with the seed box. they refused to even hear me out.

v150r
05-30-2007, 10:01 PM
i got banned from wb for cheating with 2 seedbox, SL (1gb) and LT (i think). i was moving that time thats why i had 2.

leciak
05-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Happend to me on SCT. Was a member for over a year and had >2.0 ratio, but one day they just banned me for cheating (like i would need to on 100mbit pipe). There was no point in trying to solve the case, @s said that shit happens. What pisses the most is that you try to be a good seeder and what you get is FU, without any explenation.
Appart from that, TL support helped me many times, usually by unlocking my account (because of some moron in my LAN). Every single time I've received help without any stupid comments (maybe a few from other irc users but screw them).

Good luck in getting back on TL :)

nbo
05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
happened to me on oink.
went to irc to try to explain , said "hi" and received this:
IP banned, we don't like cheaters
something like that, whatever, got a new acc which is fine.
thanks for the heads up on thors though, its the eaisest site ive ever seeded on, ive done over 150gb in maybe a day, i just
took a screenshot just in case:)

G-Force
05-30-2007, 11:09 PM

I'm not going to bother trying to get back on, i did get another account yesterday but i have decided they can go fuck them selfs, i would rather seed somewhere with seed box else where.

I don't mind if they make a mistake with there scripts or how ever they do it but im not going to put up with rude staff twice in 1 day who have the attitude of a 15 year old with to much power.

you can tell some of them are punk teenagers by the way they spell and structure their sentences.

deuce6000
05-30-2007, 11:55 PM
nope

Edit:My girlfriend has falsely accused me numerous times can't believe i forgot about that :P

DefX
05-30-2007, 11:57 PM
me neither. I suppose it helps that i just have a regular cable connection.

haydeno
05-31-2007, 01:06 AM
not wrongly :{. Used to when my friend set me up with a client that makes it easy to seed. Now with a seedbox i hope they dont ban me like some of you guys

buddy
05-31-2007, 01:42 AM

I'm not going to bother trying to get back on, i did get another account yesterday but i have decided they can go fuck them selfs, i would rather seed somewhere with seed box else where.

I don't mind if they make a mistake with there scripts or how ever they do it but im not going to put up with rude staff twice in 1 day who have the attitude of a 15 year old with to much power.

you can tell some of them are punk teenagers by the way they spell and structure their sentences.

LOL :lol: Now you are never going to get the old account back. It is a good thing that you dont give a rat's ass about it though.. :P

mbucari1
05-31-2007, 02:27 AM

like typing im instead of I'm and to instead of too?

G-Force
05-31-2007, 02:38 AM

If you look in my previous post there are more mistakes than them two, but the fact is im not trying to act all high and mighty or showing off by posting rude comments for everyone to see. I'm not normally a grammar Nazi, as you pointed out im no author myself, but if your going to be a little prick like this staff member was in front of everyone, you could at least structure your sentence, and learn to spell so they were half readable.

kingrob
05-31-2007, 03:12 AM

If you look in my previous post there are more mistakes than them two, but the fact is im not trying to act all high and mighty or showing off by posting rude comments for everyone to see. I'm not normally a grammar Nazi, as you pointed out im no author myself, but if your going to be a little prick like this staff member was in front of everyone, you could at least structure your sentence, and learn to spell so they were half readable.

and like i posted before if you do have a prob with my staff tell me give me the log and i will put things right

saying that reading your posts here i see why you were treated the way you have been instead of coming to someone willing to help you. you post rude and uncalled for comments about the site and staff

i wish you the best of luck with others sites

NEO

G-Force
05-31-2007, 03:21 AM

and like i posted before if you do have a prob with my staff tell me give me the log and i will put things right

saying that reading your posts here i see why you were treated the way you have been instead of coming to someone willing to help you. you post rude and uncalled for comments about the site and staff

i wish you the best of luck with others sites

NEO

I don't want to start an argument or a flame war so i will just say my peace and leave it be.

the reason i may seem so rude in my post is because of the way i was treated by 2 different staff members on 2 different occasions. I have no problem with people or sites making mistakes as i have had to deal with it before while using BitMeTv and FTN. That being said when i have had a problem staff have always been willing to hear out my case with out the (what they find to be funny) running commentary to the rest of the board. I had never had a problem with TL until up until this point and actually used to use it as my main torrent site. But if there is one thing that pisses me off more than anything in this word its keyboard warriors who hide behind there computers so they can feel like big men.

I would also like to thank you for your offer to sort things out but i am not about to "dob" or "snitch" on anyone. I know that my opinion isn't going to fair well against that of staff members.

Galva
05-31-2007, 04:04 AM
3 different trackers, got all 3 accounts back...took some effort though.